Clear All
  • Woodman
    Legendary Zoner
    • Apr 2014

Re: Bills sign WR Trent Sherfield to a 1 year deal

We're glad to have him.

“It breaks your heart when someone leaves and you don’t know why.”

"It may be raining but there's a rainbow above you"

Former President Donald Trump early Thursday touted the results of a new NPR/PBSNewsHour/Marist poll showing him ahead of President Joe Biden by 8 percentage points among independents.

Comment

• ParanoidAndroid
      My battery is low and it's getting dark.
      • Apr 2004

We used to like McKenzie similarly to this.

Comment

• Woodman
        Legendary Zoner
        • Apr 2014

Originally posted by yordad View Post
        Measures like Gabe Davis. Maybe Davis is on notice.
        Davis will have a monster season ...... the FIRE has been lit.

Former President Donald Trump early Thursday touted the results of a new NPR/PBSNewsHour/Marist poll showing him ahead of President Joe Biden by 8 percentage points among independents.

Comment

• justasportsfan
          • Jul 2002

Bills didnt have anyone other than Diggs to stretch the field last year . As soon as D's dared us to go deep with only Diggs, our offense took a nose dive. Davis isnt a deep ball kind of receiver.
          So now they bring in Deonte Harty to help Diggs out.
          This guy is mostly likely Mckenzie/ Crowders replacement.

Brady and Dorsey must have been very frustrated with the deep ball last year which is their thing.
          Last edited by justasportsfan; 03-21-2023, 12:27 PM.
          sacrifice1
          https://theinterviewwithgod.com/video/

Comment

• MDFINFAN
            • Jun 2003

Reach for the stars

Comment

• TigerJ
              • Jul 2002

Originally posted by yordad View Post
              Measures like Gabe Davis. Maybe Davis is on notice.
              He's a couple inches shorter than Gabe, but faster.
              I've made up my mind. Don't confuse me with the facts.

I'm the most reasonable poster here. If you don't agree, I'll be forced to have a hissy fit.

Comment

• Woodman
                Legendary Zoner
                • Apr 2014

A closer look at the contract details for new Bills receiver Trent Sherfield

‘Trent Sherfield’s new contract with the Buffalo Bills gives him the possibility to make up to $1.77 million for the 2023 season.’

Comment

• DraftBoy
                  Administrator
                  • Jul 2002

He's supposedly a tremendous blocker for a WR, which is probably why they signed him. He's going to be a 4th or 5th option on offense to start but you can still have him out there giving you something in the run game which isn't really something McKenzie or Shakir offer.
                  COMING SOON...
                  Originally posted by Dr.Lecter
                  We were both drunk and Hillary did not look that bad at 2 AM, I swear!!!!!!

Comment

• DraftBoy
                    Administrator
                    • Jul 2002

Originally posted by YardRat View Post
                    Meh. Another Hot Wheel to put in the toy box.

There is no way this guy covers kicks and run blocks like Kumerow, if this is supposed to replace him it's a big swing and miss.
                    I think we need to differentiate between the effort Kumerow gave, which was a lot, and the actual skillset he had, which was limited.

We have this weird tendency to over-inflate these minor role players as having far higher level of skills then they actually possess because we like their hustle.
                    COMING SOON...

Comment

• YardRat
                      Well, lookie here...
                      • Dec 2004

Originally posted by DraftBoy View Post
                      I think we need to differentiate between the effort Kumerow gave, which was a lot, and the actual skillset he had, which was limited.

We have this weird tendency to over-inflate these minor role players as having far higher level of skills then they actually possess because we like their hustle.
                      In '21 Buffalo's run game kicked into gear when Kumerow was getting more time on the field, and he was getting more time because of his blocking not his receiving. Also in '21, Kumerow had more solo tackles, 5, then their 'special teams ace' Taiwan Jones, 4, and Sherfield, 2, in '22.

This guy may be a replacement for McKenzie, but he isn't for Kumerow, and maybe it's more about a tendency to over-inflate expectations for the new guy.
                      YardRat Wall of Fame
                      #56 DARRYL TALLEY
                      #29 DERRICK BURROUGHS#22 FRED JACKSON #95 KYLE WILLIAMS

Comment

• DraftBoy
                        Administrator
                        • Jul 2002

Originally posted by YardRat View Post
                        In '21 Buffalo's run game kicked into gear when Kumerow was getting more time on the field, and he was getting more time because of his blocking not his receiving. Also in '21, Kumerow had more solo tackles, 5, then their 'special teams ace' Taiwan Jones, 4, and Sherfield, 2, in '22.

This guy may be a replacement for McKenzie, but he isn't for Kumerow, and maybe it's more about a tendency to over-inflate expectations for the new guy.
                        I don’t think they brought Sheffield on to do much with the ST unit, so that part of the comparison doesn’t really mean much.

And do you think Kumerow is somehow going to fix our running game? You mentioned how it took off in 2021, but yet we gained more yards total and per carry in 2022.

I just don’t see whatever impact you think this guy had. They basically brought him back last year because he’s a friend of Allen’s.
                        COMING SOON...

Comment

• Forward_Lateral
                          • Mar 2004

Kumerow must have been the best practice WR in NFL history because Rodgers loved the guy too, and was PISSED when the Packers let him go to the Bills. Then the Bills loved him. He did diddly poo in his career.

Comment

• YardRat
                            Well, lookie here...
                            • Dec 2004

Originally posted by DraftBoy View Post
                            I don’t think they brought Sheffield on to do much with the ST unit, so that part of the comparison doesn’t really mean much.
                            It's 33.3% of the equation if you're claiming he's replacing Kumerow.

And do you think Kumerow is somehow going to fix our running game? You mentioned how it took off in 2021, but yet we gained more yards total and per carry in 2022.
                            Fix it now? No, but his affect the prior season is measurable. LOL at 23 total yards difference, and the really the overall...considering Singletary's production went down and Allen stayed the same...had far more to do with having an actual third option in Cook than anything else.

I just don’t see whatever impact you think this guy had. They basically brought him back last year because he’s a friend of Allen’s.
                            He had a small impact, not sure how accurate the 'friends' statement is in reality, but neither one of those points is relevant to the claim Sherfield is his replacement.
                            YardRat Wall of Fame
                            #56 DARRYL TALLEY
                            #29 DERRICK BURROUGHS#22 FRED JACKSON #95 KYLE WILLIAMS

Comment

• Woodman
                              Legendary Zoner
                              • Apr 2014

Originally posted by Forward_Lateral View Post
                              Kumerow must have been the best practice WR in NFL history because Rodgers loved the guy too, and was PISSED when the Packers let him go to the Bills. Then the Bills loved him. He did diddly poo in his career.
                              He's always gets hurt whenever he's called upon to play some offense.

Or he's just the most snake bit player ever .... I can't figure out which is which.

Comment

Working...
                              X