Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Bills sign WR Trent Sherfield to a 1 year deal

Thanks
    Thanked 24,454 Times in 14,166 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Re: Bills sign WR Trent Sherfield to a 1 year deal

Quote Originally Posted by YardRat View Post
    In '21 Buffalo's run game kicked into gear when Kumerow was getting more time on the field, and he was getting more time because of his blocking not his receiving. Also in '21, Kumerow had more solo tackles, 5, then their 'special teams ace' Taiwan Jones, 4, and Sherfield, 2, in '22.

This guy may be a replacement for McKenzie, but he isn't for Kumerow, and maybe it's more about a tendency to over-inflate expectations for the new guy.
    I don’t think they brought Sheffield on to do much with the ST unit, so that part of the comparison doesn’t really mean much.

And do you think Kumerow is somehow going to fix our running game? You mentioned how it took off in 2021, but yet we gained more yards total and per carry in 2022.

I just don’t see whatever impact you think this guy had. They basically brought him back last year because he’s a friend of Allen’s.
    COMING SOON...
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr.Lecter
    We were both drunk and Hillary did not look that bad at 2 AM, I swear!!!!!!

Registered User Forward_Lateral's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 8,062 Times in 4,266 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Kumerow must have been the best practice WR in NFL history because Rodgers loved the guy too, and was PISSED when the Packers let him go to the Bills. Then the Bills loved him. He did diddly poo in his career.

Thanks
    Thanked 30,557 Times in 17,441 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by DraftBoy View Post
    I don’t think they brought Sheffield on to do much with the ST unit, so that part of the comparison doesn’t really mean much.
    It's 33.3% of the equation if you're claiming he's replacing Kumerow.

And do you think Kumerow is somehow going to fix our running game? You mentioned how it took off in 2021, but yet we gained more yards total and per carry in 2022.
    Fix it now? No, but his affect the prior season is measurable. LOL at 23 total yards difference, and the really the overall...considering Singletary's production went down and Allen stayed the same...had far more to do with having an actual third option in Cook than anything else.

I just don’t see whatever impact you think this guy had. They basically brought him back last year because he’s a friend of Allen’s.
    He had a small impact, not sure how accurate the 'friends' statement is in reality, but neither one of those points is relevant to the claim Sherfield is his replacement.
    YardRat Wall of Fame
    #56 DARRYL TALLEY
    #29 DERRICK BURROUGHS#22 FRED JACKSON #95 KYLE WILLIAMS

Thanks
    Thanked 7,572 Times in 6,131 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by Forward_Lateral View Post
    Kumerow must have been the best practice WR in NFL history because Rodgers loved the guy too, and was PISSED when the Packers let him go to the Bills. Then the Bills loved him. He did diddly poo in his career.
    He's always gets hurt whenever he's called upon to play some offense.

Or he's just the most snake bit player ever .... I can't figure out which is which.
    28**60**128**133**144**160**163**200**204**248