• Dec 2004

RB Damien Harris a Bill

YardRat Wall of Fame
    #56 DARRYL TALLEY
    #29 DERRICK BURROUGHS#22 FRED JACKSON #95 KYLE WILLIAMS
  • Turf
    • Jul 2002

Re: RB Damien Harris a Bill

Well being he won't get many snaps means he might stay healthy.
    Lou Saban: You can get it done, you can get it done. And what’s more, you’ve gotta get it done.

Comment

• Woodman
      Legendary Zoner
      • Apr 2014

Great!

“It breaks your heart when someone leaves and you don’t know why.”

"It may be raining but there's a rainbow above you"

Former President Donald Trump early Thursday touted the results of a new NPR/PBSNewsHour/Marist poll showing him ahead of President Joe Biden by 8 percentage points among independents.

Comment

• Woodman
        Legendary Zoner
        • Apr 2014

Harris or Singletary lets see

Yup I'm pleased!!

Just super pleased we didn't go for Zeke.

Former President Donald Trump early Thursday touted the results of a new NPR/PBSNewsHour/Marist poll showing him ahead of President Joe Biden by 8 percentage points among independents.

Comment

• Forward_Lateral
          • Mar 2004

Actually a great signing

Comment

• ParanoidAndroid
            My battery is low and it's getting dark.
            • Apr 2004

Singletary > Harris

Comment

• Turf
              • Jul 2002

So essentially Cooks replaces Motor and Harris Moss. Yeah probably an upgrade considering the lack of usage.
              Lou Saban: You can get it done, you can get it done. And what’s more, you’ve gotta get it done.

Comment

• TigerJ
                • Jul 2002

Interesting. I thought about Harris as a Bill a couple days ago. He's probably going to have a lower YPC than Singletary. Whether or not this is an worthwhile signing depends on whether or not he can get a few yards in those situations where Singletary seemed to run into a brick wall. It will still be an apples to oranges comparison because the offensive line is going to be somewhat different with Saffold gone and Conner McGovern signed in his place. Bates may be switching sides too, and Spencer Brown is a year removed from his injury issues. There could be one more change coming in the draft, so hopefully when you put all that together Buffalo will have a more effective run blocking offensive line than they've had for several years. That's far from a guarantee though.
                I've made up my mind. Don't confuse me with the facts.

I'm the most reasonable poster here. If you don't agree, I'll be forced to have a hissy fit.

Comment

• Oaf
                  Do you read what you write?
                  • Jun 2007

Originally posted by TigerJ View Post
                  so hopefully when you put all that together Buffalo will have a more effective run blocking offensive line than they've had for several years. That's far from a guarantee though.
                  It's also not saying much. Hoping we get at least one IOL on Day 1 or 2.

I thought we might draft a bruiser, but I guess we wanted someone besides Hines with experience. Maybe we'll still take someone Day 3 who can contribute on ST.

Comment

• Clumpy
                    is looking for the Southern Cross for the first time!
                    • Mar 2022

Comment

• ParanoidAndroid
                      My battery is low and it's getting dark.
                      • Apr 2004

I'm just wondering how many 3rd down backs we need.

Comment

• Woodman
                        Legendary Zoner
                        • Apr 2014

Originally posted by ParanoidAndroid View Post
                        I'm just wondering how many 3rd down backs we need.
                        How many did we have last year?

Comment

• Bill Cody
                          • Sep 2004

I like it. I’ve mentioned this guy in a couple threads. It’s important the Bills get tougher and more physical on both sides of the ball. I think of that playoff game and it was embarrassing. It didn’t have to be Harris but I’m happy it is. North south runner than can get tough yards. Motor is much shiftier but he’s a smaller guy.

Harris hopefully will take some heat off Josh in short yardage, goal line and 4th quarter run out the clock situations. Or bad weather. Or wind. The Bills are from WNY but we play like a dome team.

Comment

• Woodman
                            Legendary Zoner
                            • Apr 2014

Originally posted by Bill Cody View Post
                            I like it. I’ve mentioned this guy in a couple threads. It’s important the Bills get tougher and more physical on both sides of the ball. I think of that playoff game and it was embarrassing. It didn’t have to be Harris but I’m happy it is. North south runner than can get tough yards. Motor is much shiftier but he’s a smaller guy.

Harris hopefully will take some heat off Josh in short yardage, goal line and 4th quarter run out the clock situations. Or bad weather. Or wind. The Bills are from WNY but we play like a dome team.
                            He's proven himself in the cold/bad weather and that's not a bad thing if you play for Buffalo!

Comment

• Turf
                              • Jul 2002

The problem is with our scheme we seem to telegraph our plays. This result is us not running the play the player is in for and just makes everyone mad when they don't use that player and then we fail on a 30 yard pass. Then the next time that player is in he gets the ball and nothing. We lack creativity at a higher level because we are not creative. The Bills don't set themselves up this way to outsmart the other team. You can't bring a specialty player in 4 times a game and expect him to be successful. He has to play more snaps to confuse the defense. I can see it already. Here we go again. Applies to all offensive positions. You need a static offensive lineup to fool the defense. You can't bring in specialty player B 3 times a game and expect results.
                              Last edited by Turf; 03-20-2023, 10:13 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X