• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • DraftBoy
    Administrator
    • Jul 2002

Re: Sherman blames Allen for Lamar situation

Originally posted by YardRat View Post
    "Forbes estimated that Mahomes earned $20 million in endorsements in 2022, trailing only Brady in off-field earnings."

"According to speculations, Cousins earns an estimated $2.5 million annually from endorsements alone. "

"Watson reportedly makes an estimated $8 million annually just from endorsement deals."
    Estimates are just guesses not quantied numbers that can be used in a cost benefit analysis. Try again.
    COMING SOON...
    Originally posted by Dr.Lecter
    We were both drunk and Hillary did not look that bad at 2 AM, I swear!!!!!!

Comment

• YardRat
      Well, lookie here...
      • Dec 2004

They are sufficient for the discussion. If you want to claim Mahomes doesn't make more annually in endorsements than Cousins and Watson, have at it.
      YardRat Wall of Fame
      #56 DARRYL TALLEY
      #29 DERRICK BURROUGHS#22 FRED JACKSON #95 KYLE WILLIAMS

Comment

• DraftBoy
        Administrator
        • Jul 2002

Originally posted by YardRat View Post
        They are sufficient for the discussion. If you want to claim Mahomes doesn't make more annually in endorsements than Cousins and Watson, have at it.
        Negative, it is in no way sufficient. Since I made no claim either way, it’s not something I can have at.
        COMING SOON...

Comment

• Goobylal
          • Jan 2004

Originally posted by DraftBoy View Post
          You don’t know if that’s true. What we do know is that nobody wants him at the current compensation package that includes losing two first round picks.
          No one is giving a 5-year $50M+/year fully guaranteed deal for a guy who who hasn't been able to finish the last 2 seasons and whose game is predicated on running, which opens him up to injury. The 2-1st rounders just makes it a no-brainer.

Comment

• notacon
            • Aug 2012

Originally posted by Goobylal View Post
            An agent wouldn't have made a difference and probably would have fired him as a client. Once he saw Watson get that contract, that's all he wanted. And in the process he'll end up costing himself $50+M which he will never get back.
            Probably correct. No agent wants a fool for a client.

Jackson is a special talent, but he is not a Tier One elite QB. Probably never will be. His greatest asset is his running ability, not this ability to read defenses and win a game from the pocket.

He has shown himself to be injury prone and he shrinks when the game is on the line in the playoffs. The most the Ravens have scored in a playoff game since Jackson has been on the team was only 20 points, in 2020 vs Tennessee in his only playoff win vs three losses.

He passed for only 179 yard that game vs running for 136. His biggest plays of the game were running plays. A 48 yard (amazing) run for a TD to tie it at 10 each late in the second half, and a 23 yard run on 3rd & 2 from the Titans 44 yard line to set up a go ahead TD by Dobbins in the 3rd Q.

The three losses Baltimore scored only 17, 12 & 3 points (the 3 points was vs the Bills).

They missed the playoffs in 2021 became he could not stay on the field. And he missed the end to the 2022 season too. Huntley had that game vs Cincy won until the ill timed fumble on the goal line that instead of going ahead 24-17, they fell behind by the same score which was the final score of the game.

It’s obvious that no team wants to deal with his crap and have to give up two first round picks for the right to get into a contract debacle fight with an amateur agent.

Maybe that will change. I sure would not want him on my team.

Comment

• DraftBoy
              Administrator
              • Jul 2002

No one is giving a 5-year $50M+/year fully guaranteed deal for a guy who who hasn't been able to finish the last 2 seasons and whose game is predicated on running, which opens him up to injury. The 2-1st rounders just makes it a no-brainer.
              I don’t think it’s likely either, but we simply don’t know that for a fact yet because the full compensation is beyond just his contract.
              COMING SOON...

Comment

• Historian
                2020-2023 AFC East Champions!
                • Dec 2002

I would like to see the Starting quarterback's salary excluded from the cap.

Comment

• Forward_Lateral
                  • Mar 2004

Originally posted by Historian View Post
                  This is probably the smartest thing I've read on this forum, ever.

Comment

• notacon
                    • Aug 2012

Really?!?!?

The realistic result (and it has to be said that this idea would never in a million years be enacted) would be small market teams like the Bills NEVER having a good QB.

The most profitable and cash rich teams (Dallas & NE for example) would gobble up every elite QB. It would result in exactly what the NFL has tried to avoid at all costs....a two tiered league with a few dynasties and a bunch of also-rans.

Comment

• Typ0
                      honey pie
                      • Jul 2002

That would defeat the purpose of the cap might as well just do away with it!

- - - Updated - - -

I don’t think it’s likely either, but we simply don’t know that for a fact yet because the full compensation is beyond just his contract.
                      What else? Endorsements? Those aren't relevant in this discussion about what gets him to play for a team.

Comment

• Forward_Lateral
                        • Mar 2004

Lamar scored a 13 on the wonderlic.

He should not be negotiating his own contract. He can barely tie his own shoes.

Comment

• Goobylal
                          • Jan 2004

You don’t know if that’s true. What we do know is that nobody wants him at the current compensation package that includes losing two first round picks.

Comment

• notacon
                            • Aug 2012

I know anything is possible....but it sure looks like NO team wants to give Jackson a full guaranteed contract. It would be dumb to do so....just like it was dumb for Cleveland to kiss Watson’s as.

Comment

• Goobylal
                              • Jan 2004

Originally posted by notacon View Post
                              I know anything is possible....but it sure looks like NO team wants to give Jackson a full guaranteed contract. It would be dumb to do so....just like it was dumb for Cleveland to kiss Watson’s as.
                              No team wants to give him the contract he's demanding. If they did, the 2-1sts would be worth it since they'd probably be late 1sts.

Comment

• Bill Cody
                                • Sep 2004

No team wants to give him the contract he's demanding. If they did, the 2-1sts would be worth it since they'd probably be late 1sts.
                                I agree that's probably true. But the situation may be changing. Lamar is under the control of the Ravens. He can either sign his tag or sit and not get paid assuming he does not back off his prior contract demands. He has clearly scared teams off by his early talk about wanting to exceed Watson's guaranteed deal.

That was not going to happen for a guy that has trouble staying on the field. This is where Lamar NEEDS the services of an agent. The agent could discreetly call teams and let them know Lamar is no longer demanding Watson money. If this was a 5 year deal I think Lamar could save face and either resign with the Ravens or sign with the dozen or so teams that could use his services. The two 1st round picks is not the problem here. And the annual compensation would be north of 40m. To me that's the only good way out for Lamar.

Comment

Working...
                                X