• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Woodman
    Legendary Zoner
    • Apr 2014

Bobby Wagner returns to Seattle on a one-year, $7 million deal

Bobby Wagner returns to Seattle on a one-year, $7 million deal - ProFootballTalk

“It breaks your heart when someone leaves and you don’t know why.”

"It may be raining but there's a rainbow above you"

Former President Donald Trump early Thursday touted the results of a new NPR/PBSNewsHour/Marist poll showing him ahead of President Joe Biden by 8 percentage points among independents.
  • Woodman
    Legendary Zoner
    • Apr 2014

Re: Bobby Wagner returns to Seattle on a one-year, $7 million deal

The Seahawks cut Wagner last year. He signed a contract with the Rams. It was due to pay him $11 million this year. The Rams released him, calling it a mutual decision, earlier this month.
    The first word of Wagner’s deal came from teammate Quandre Diggs, who beat the group-text Twitter thumb racers to the punch.
    Wagner, who turns 33 in June, was a second-round pick of the Seahawks in 2012. He spent 10 years in Seattle.

“It breaks your heart when someone leaves and you don’t know why.”

"It may be raining but there's a rainbow above you"

Former President Donald Trump early Thursday touted the results of a new NPR/PBSNewsHour/Marist poll showing him ahead of President Joe Biden by 8 percentage points among independents.

Comment

• kscdogbillsfan1221
      • Nov 2007

Damn
      I came.
      I saw.
      I conquered.

Comment

• swiper
        Legendary Zoner
        • Sep 2010

Wow. We couldn't pull off that contract???

Come to us Jack Campbell.

Comment

• YardRat
          Well, lookie here...
          • Dec 2004

That's OK. The defense can get a shot in the ass from a rookie full of piss and vinegar as much as a vet on the last leg of his career.
          YardRat Wall of Fame
          #56 DARRYL TALLEY
          #29 DERRICK BURROUGHS#22 FRED JACKSON #95 KYLE WILLIAMS

Comment

• notacon
            • Aug 2012

I told you that the Bills did not want Bobby Wagner. It made little sense considering their cap situation and the more pressing needs for offensive skill players.

Sure looks like Wagner going to retire after this season.

Comment

• Canadian'eh!
              • Mar 2004

Originally posted by notacon View Post
              I told you that the Bills did not want Bobby Wagner. It made little sense considering their cap situation and the more pressing needs for offensive skill players.

Sure looks like Wagner going to retire after this season.
              Scoring points was not the issue last year. The “skill position” needs are nothing compared to the ability to actually stop another team when needed, or being able to actually run the ball occasionally.

Beane and McD seem to have a thing for “finesse” players all over the field and seem to want to play like the greatest show on turf, outside, in Buffalo.

Wagner is a blood and guts LB with skill. This was the move they needed, and they missed out

Comment

• DraftBoy
                Administrator
                • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Canadian'eh! View Post
                Scoring points was not the issue last year. The “skill position” needs are nothing compared to the ability to actually stop another team when needed, or being able to actually run the ball occasionally.

Beane and McD seem to have a thing for “finesse” players all over the field and seem to want to play like the greatest show on turf, outside, in Buffalo.

Wagner is a blood and guts LB with skill. This was the move they needed, and they missed out
                David and Wagner both going for 1 yr and $7M hurts a bit. Would have been a nice add to replace Edmunds.
                COMING SOON...
                Originally posted by Dr.Lecter
                We were both drunk and Hillary did not look that bad at 2 AM, I swear!!!!!!

Comment

• Mace
                  Haha...yeah you think so ?
                  • Mar 2013

Beane suggested the answer might be in house (Dodson...Bernard...Spector)....I have this feeling it won't end well.

Comment

• swiper
                    Legendary Zoner
                    • Sep 2010

Originally posted by Mace View Post
                    Beane suggested the answer might be in house (Dodson...Bernard...Spector)....I have this feeling it won't end well.
                    I have always thought that Dodson was a better LB than many give him credit for.

Comment

• Mace
                      Haha...yeah you think so ?
                      • Mar 2013

Originally posted by swiper View Post
                      I have always thought that Dodson was a better LB than many give him credit for.
                      I don't disagree...I'm just not confident he's the starting mlb that improves the likely defense. I'd be dandy with him on a side if we used 3.

Comment

• DraftBoy
                        Administrator
                        • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Mace View Post
                        I still can’t believe they are going to let a Pro Bowl LB walk and replace him with a bunch of dudes we know aren’t near the same level. Dodson is probably an under the radar guy, I agree with Swiper there.

For as much as Edmunds had holes in his game, he still served an important role on this team that needs to be filled. Maybe they are going Campbell in Round 1.
                        COMING SOON...
                        Originally posted by Dr.Lecter
                        We were both drunk and Hillary did not look that bad at 2 AM, I swear!!!!!!

Comment

• kingJofNYC
                          • Sep 2009

I've complained about this a lot the last couple of years with this regime, but they never have any young guys waiting to take over as the next man up. Few teams do this well, the Steelers used to be the best at this, especially at LB and recently WR.

We went into 22 draft with a big gigantic hole at CB, we take a CB. We go into 23 draft with gigantic holes at Safety and LB, luckily Poyer came back. To their credit they did take a LB in the 3rd round last year, it may or may not work out, but at least they took someone a year earlier when in prior years they just went into offseason with glaring hole at CB until they had no choice but to grab one in the first. I feel like this approach last season caused them to miss out on a good add at WR, because instead of going best player available they went with biggest need for sure. This year is for sure going to be DT/LB because they have no one, especially at DT, all vets and Oliver will walk.

Took too many DEs, and RBs, simple as that. 3 day 2 running backs, not how you want to spend your capital if you ask me.
                          Last edited by kingJofNYC; 03-27-2023, 08:43 AM.

Comment

• Jeff1220
                            H to the 12:20
                            • Jul 2002

Maybe Wagner didn't want to come to Buffalo, and not for $7million. He's been on the West coast his whole career. Maybe he just wanted to finish his career at the place he called home for 10 of the last 11 years.

Comment

• swiper
                              Legendary Zoner
                              • Sep 2010

Originally posted by Jeff1220 View Post
                              Maybe Wagner didn't want to come to Buffalo, and not for $7million. He's been on the West coast his whole career. Maybe he just wanted to finish his career at the place he called home for 10 of the last 11 years.
                              That thought occurred to me as well.

Comment

Working...
                              X