Thanked 7,564 Times in 6,123 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Bobby Wagner returns to Seattle on a one-year, $7 million deal

28**60**128**133**144**160**163**200**204**248

Thanks
    Thanked 7,564 Times in 6,123 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Re: Bobby Wagner returns to Seattle on a one-year, $7 million deal

The Seahawks cut Wagner last year. He signed a contract with the Rams. It was due to pay him $11 million this year. The Rams released him, calling it a mutual decision, earlier this month.
    The first word of Wagner’s deal came from teammate Quandre Diggs, who beat the group-text Twitter thumb racers to the punch.
    Wagner, who turns 33 in June, was a second-round pick of the Seahawks in 2012. He spent 10 years in Seattle.

Registered User kscdogbillsfan1221's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,898 Times in 2,082 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Damn
    I came.
    I saw.
    I conquered.

Thanks
    Thanked 13,409 Times in 9,123 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Wow. We couldn't pull off that contract???

Come to us Jack Campbell.

5. Post thanked by:

Mace (03-26-2023),The last buffalo fan (03-27-2023)

Thanks
    Thanked 30,527 Times in 17,420 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

That's OK. The defense can get a shot in the ass from a rookie full of piss and vinegar as much as a vet on the last leg of his career.
    YardRat Wall of Fame
    #56 DARRYL TALLEY
    #29 DERRICK BURROUGHS#22 FRED JACKSON #95 KYLE WILLIAMS

7. Post thanked by:

Mace (03-26-2023),sukie (03-26-2023),The last buffalo fan (03-27-2023)

Thanks
    Thanked 11,694 Times in 7,755 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

I told you that the Bills did not want Bobby Wagner. It made little sense considering their cap situation and the more pressing needs for offensive skill players.

Sure looks like Wagner going to retire after this season.

Thanks
    Thanked 4,528 Times in 2,691 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by notacon View Post
    I told you that the Bills did not want Bobby Wagner. It made little sense considering their cap situation and the more pressing needs for offensive skill players.

Scoring points was not the issue last year. The “skill position” needs are nothing compared to the ability to actually stop another team when needed, or being able to actually run the ball occasionally.

Beane and McD seem to have a thing for “finesse” players all over the field and seem to want to play like the greatest show on turf, outside, in Buffalo.

Wagner is a blood and guts LB with skill. This was the move they needed, and they missed out

10. Post thanked by:

swiper (03-26-2023),The last buffalo fan (03-27-2023)

Thanks
    Thanked 24,441 Times in 14,158 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by Canadian'eh! View Post
    Scoring points was not the issue last year. The “skill position” needs are nothing compared to the ability to actually stop another team when needed, or being able to actually run the ball occasionally.

Beane and McD seem to have a thing for “finesse” players all over the field and seem to want to play like the greatest show on turf, outside, in Buffalo.

Wagner is a blood and guts LB with skill. This was the move they needed, and they missed out
    David and Wagner both going for 1 yr and $7M hurts a bit. Would have been a nice add to replace Edmunds.
    COMING SOON...
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr.Lecter
    We were both drunk and Hillary did not look that bad at 2 AM, I swear!!!!!!

12. Post thanked by:

swiper (03-31-2023),The last buffalo fan (03-27-2023)

Haha...yeah you think so ? Mace's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 16,490 Times in 9,187 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Beane suggested the answer might be in house (Dodson...Bernard...Spector)....I have this feeling it won't end well.

14. Post thanked by:

swiper (03-26-2023),The last buffalo fan (03-27-2023)

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by Mace View Post
    Beane suggested the answer might be in house (Dodson...Bernard...Spector)....I have this feeling it won't end well.
    I have always thought that Dodson was a better LB than many give him credit for.

16. Post thanked by:

Mace (03-26-2023),The last buffalo fan (03-27-2023)

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by swiper View Post
    I have always thought that Dodson was a better LB than many give him credit for.
    I don't disagree...I'm just not confident he's the starting mlb that improves the likely defense. I'd be dandy with him on a side if we used 3.

18. Post thanked by:

swiper (03-31-2023),The last buffalo fan (03-27-2023)

Thanks
    Thanked 24,441 Times in 14,158 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by Mace View Post
    I still can’t believe they are going to let a Pro Bowl LB walk and replace him with a bunch of dudes we know aren’t near the same level. Dodson is probably an under the radar guy, I agree with Swiper there.

For as much as Edmunds had holes in his game, he still served an important role on this team that needs to be filled. Maybe they are going Campbell in Round 1.

20. Post thanked by:

Mace (03-27-2023),The last buffalo fan (03-27-2023)

Thanks
    Thanked 1,961 Times in 1,235 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

I've complained about this a lot the last couple of years with this regime, but they never have any young guys waiting to take over as the next man up. Few teams do this well, the Steelers used to be the best at this, especially at LB and recently WR.

We went into 22 draft with a big gigantic hole at CB, we take a CB. We go into 23 draft with gigantic holes at Safety and LB, luckily Poyer came back. To their credit they did take a LB in the 3rd round last year, it may or may not work out, but at least they took someone a year earlier when in prior years they just went into offseason with glaring hole at CB until they had no choice but to grab one in the first. I feel like this approach last season caused them to miss out on a good add at WR, because instead of going best player available they went with biggest need for sure. This year is for sure going to be DT/LB because they have no one, especially at DT, all vets and Oliver will walk.

Took too many DEs, and RBs, simple as that. 3 day 2 running backs, not how you want to spend your capital if you ask me.
    Last edited by kingJofNYC; 03-27-2023 at 08:43 AM.

22. Post thanked by:

Mace (03-27-2023),swiper (03-31-2023),YardRat (03-27-2023)

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Maybe Wagner didn't want to come to Buffalo, and not for $7million. He's been on the West coast his whole career. Maybe he just wanted to finish his career at the place he called home for 10 of the last 11 years.

24. Post thanked by:

swiper (03-27-2023)

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by Jeff1220 View Post
    Maybe Wagner didn't want to come to Buffalo, and not for $7million. He's been on the West coast his whole career. Maybe he just wanted to finish his career at the place he called home for 10 of the last 11 years.
    That thought occurred to me as well.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by Canadian'eh! View Post

Every loss from 2022 was because of the offense failing. Every. Single. Loss.

Last season the Bills DID stop another team when needed. The EPITOME of this was the Minny loss, where the Bills STOPPED MINNY COLD on FIVE consecutive plays INSDIE the Bills THREE YARD LINE.

TWICE the Bills STUFFED Minny on 3rd and 1 AND 4th and 1.

They had the game won with 41 seconds to go, Minny had only one time out left...two kneel downs win the game. We all know hat happened.

The Miami loss, Bills have a chance to go ahead with a TD (probably for the win)....Josh short hops the ball on 4th down to a wide open McKenzie. Bills had ANOHER chance to win the game (after the defense STUFFED Miami and forced them to punt)...the offense just could not get it done.

Jets loss, Gabe Davis drops a ball thrown RIGHT INTO HIS BREADBASKET.

I agree that "being able to actually run the ball occasionally is important (at least from RB’s not called Josh Allen) which is why I have opined that IF the blue chip, top 5 overall RB, Bijan Robinson drops to the Bills at #27, they would be fools to not seriously contemplate picking him.

RB IS, in
    fact, an offense “skill position”.

Bobby Wagner would not have brought the Bills any closer a Super Bowl MORE than adding more offensive weapons.

THE story for the loss to Cincy in the playoffs was not the defensive lapse (although they should have done better) it was the TOTAL FAILURE of the offense to do ANYTHING.

Scoring only TEN MEASLY POINTS almost GUARANTEES A LOSS in ANY NFL game. The Bills defense had nothing to do with the Bills inept offense in that game.
    The facts are clear (as I
    have posted before)....

In the 2022 regular season, there were SEVENTY ONE teams that scored 10 points or less. Their W-L record in those games?.....

2-69.

Week #11….NE 10 – NYJ 3.
    Week #13….BAL 10 – DEN 9.

Playoffs is even more stark. Since 2000 (including 2022 so far) there have been 45 teams that have scored 10 or less points (excluding Super Bowls). Their record??...

0-45.

The last time a team scored 10 or less points in a playoff game and won??

1997. PITT 7 – NE 6.

The Super Bowl is even MORE stark….in ALL 56 Super Bowls, one ream has scored 10 or less points SIXTEEN times. Their record????...If you are paying attention you guessed it…..

0-16.

Interestingly, the last team to score 10 or less points in a SB was not very long ago….2020 season, Tampa Bay 31 – Kansas City – 9.

Facts are facts. You only have to listen to them.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by DraftBoy View Post
    I still can’t believe they are going to let a Pro Bowl LB walk and replace him with a bunch of dudes we know aren’t near the same level. Dodson is probably an under the radar guy, I agree with Swiper there.

For as much as Edmunds had holes in his game, he still served an important role on this team that needs to be filled. Maybe they are going Campbell in Round 1.
    I sure hope not. That would be a wasteful reach. Jack Campbell certainly has potential, but he’s not worth a first round pick. 2nd round?...probably.

If any of the top WR’s are on the board at #27....Quentin Johnson, Addison, Smith-Njigba, Flowers, Downs, Hyatt, Tillman and the Bills pick Campbell...it would be a BIG mistake.

Registered User Forward_Lateral's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 8,061 Times in 4,265 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Notty, you need to cut back on the number of words you use. Nobody here reads past 2 lines.

The defense got absolutely abused vs the Bengals in the divisional round, the game that mattered the most.

The defense cost them the Chiefs divisional game 2 years ago.

The clear weakness of the team, overall, is the defense. The scheme, the players, the play calling, whatever you want to blame.

29. Post thanked by:

YardRat (03-27-2023)

Thanks
    Thanked 30,527 Times in 17,420 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by notacon View Post

So if Buffalo doesn't sign a player, it's because they don't want him?

Asking for a friend...

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by DraftBoy View Post

I certainly hope you are right....I've just become dubious about this program process and suspect you might not be.