2023-2024 Buffalo Sabres gameday thread !!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • OpIv37
    Acid Douching Asswipe
    • Sep 2002

Re: 2023-2024 Buffalo Sabres gameday thread !!

Originally posted by Woodman View Post
    Wow you sound so positive ..... save the negative stuff for after it actually happens.

That was as about as dominant an overtime that I or anybody else has ever seen.
    Never should have gotten there. We were up 2 in the first and didn’t score again til OT.
    MiKiDo Facebook
    MiKiDo Website

Comment

• Woodman
      Legendary Zoner
      • Apr 2014

Originally posted by OpIv37 View Post
      Never should have gotten there. We were up 2 in the first and didn’t score again til OT.
      2 teams battle ...... **** is gonna happen.

Everybody loves it when it's easy ..... but we know it usually doesn't happen that way.

“It breaks your heart when someone leaves and you don’t know why.”

"It may be raining but there's a rainbow above you"

Former President Donald Trump early Thursday touted the results of a new NPR/PBSNewsHour/Marist poll showing him ahead of President Joe Biden by 8 percentage points among independents.

Comment

• JATMtheJATM
        • Aug 2012

I agree. But that's not what happened. Hockey is a weird game.

I'm happy they came away with the win and some positives are starting to surface.
        Flag of Ukraine.svg

Comment

• OpIv37
          Acid Douching Asswipe
          • Sep 2002

2 teams battle ...... **** is gonna happen.

Everybody loves it when it's easy ..... but we know it usually doesn't happen that way.
          Of course it isn’t easy. But two teams beat us in regulation. We’ve beaten 0 teams in regulation.
          MiKiDo Facebook
          MiKiDo Website

Comment

• Woodman
            Legendary Zoner
            • Apr 2014

Originally posted by JATMtheJATM View Post
            I agree. But that's not what happened. Hockey is a weird game.

I'm happy they came away with the win and some positives are starting to surface.
            Gotta stay positive.

Former President Donald Trump early Thursday touted the results of a new NPR/PBSNewsHour/Marist poll showing him ahead of President Joe Biden by 8 percentage points among independents.

Comment

• JATMtheJATM
              • Aug 2012

Of course it isn’t easy. But two teams beat us in regulation. We’ve beaten 0 teams in regulation.
              It's three games in. It'll come.
              Flag of Ukraine.svg

Comment

• Woodman
                Legendary Zoner
                • Apr 2014

Really that's where you go

Comment

• JATMtheJATM
                  • Aug 2012

I've had more time to digest the game. I'll address OPivs concerns.

It always stinks to give up a late goal and give a team a point (or more) especially a team you're expecting to compete with for a playoff spot. Especially after they went out and got a two goal lead.

It does take the wind out of the sail of a win. There's Definitely a "but...." after that win.

That said, Tampa isn't a pushover. They aren't the juggernaut they used to be, but they're a team the Sabres should be near when the standings shake out. So a win, in any way, is a great outcome.

There's slight concern about Tage. He just doesn't look like himself yet. That said, he had 3 points in his first 7 games last year before he got 11 in 3. Nothing to panic over.

I get the feeling this is the sort of game that gets things rolling, perhaps slowly. Especially with Cozens finally scoring, and Levi playing his best game of the season so far. But the power play has got to get going.
                  Flag of Ukraine.svg

Comment

• Woodman
                    Legendary Zoner
                    • Apr 2014

Loving the direction ..... that's really the bottom line in anything.

We're on a mission!

Comment

• Skooby
                      Skoobasaurus-Rex
                      • Oct 2011

Love the overtime format so damn exciting ..... I'll play anybody with these guys in an OT situation just so dynamic holy ****.
                      I told my wife right at the start of OT there’s no better team than the Sabres 3 on 3, we are really fast and the open room on the ice will be a death show for our opponents. Time of possession in OT, 99% Sabres.

Comment

• Woodman
                        Legendary Zoner
                        • Apr 2014

Originally posted by Skooby View Post
                        I told my wife right at the start of OT there’s no better team than the Sabres 3 on 3, we are really fast and the open room on the ice will be a death show for our opponents. Time of possession in OT, 99% Sabres.
                        They were just awesome.

When did the Lightning get their 1% unless your counting the shots on their goal.

Comment

• JATMtheJATM
                          • Aug 2012

Originally posted by Skooby View Post
                          The 3 on 3 OT will change, though, as it's become less of an end to end, rush on rush it was at the beginning, and more of a slow burn. Like what the Sabres did last night is now the text book attack style of 3 on 3. And that's not what the NHL wants.

I firmly believe the NHL will institute a shot clock in OT down the line.
                          Flag of Ukraine.svg

Comment

• Woodman
                            Legendary Zoner
                            • Apr 2014

****ing idiots if they change.

Comment

• OpIv37
                              Acid Douching Asswipe
                              • Sep 2002

The 3 on 3 isn’t hockey. It’s a way to end it quickly that draws interest from people who aren’t really hockey fans. It’s a slam dunk competition. It’s a home run derby. It’s NBA Jam. It has elements of the game but it isn’t how the game was meant to be played.

It’s an opportunity for skill players to have the time and space to make highlight reel plays, instead of the only school 20 min OT that dragged on into the night and often resulted in the most hated outcome in North American sports: a tie.

You can argue the merits of 3 on 3 OT and the shootout. It’s exciting and it gets eyes on the game. But it isn’t hockey.
                              MiKiDo Facebook
                              MiKiDo Website

Comment

• JATMtheJATM
                                • Aug 2012

The 3 on 3 isn’t hockey. It’s a way to end it quickly that draws interest from people who aren’t really hockey fans. It’s a slam dunk competition. It’s a home run derby. It’s NBA Jam. It has elements of the game but it isn’t how the game was meant to be played.

It’s an opportunity for skill players to have the time and space to make highlight reel plays, instead of the only school 20 min OT that dragged on into the night and often resulted in the most hated outcome in North American sports: a tie.

You can argue the merits of 3 on 3 OT and the shootout. It’s exciting and it gets eyes on the game. But it isn’t hockey.
                                In fairness, regular season OT was never longer than 5 minutes. And they didn't even have OT until the 70s or 80s. After 60 minutes, the game would just end in a tie.

Edit: 1983
                                Flag of Ukraine.svg

Comment

Working...
                                X