2023-2024 Buffalo Sabres gameday thread !!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Woodman
    Legendary Zoner
    • Apr 2014

Re: 2023-2024 Buffalo Sabres gameday thread !!

3-1 final.

We win !!!!!

“It breaks your heart when someone leaves and you don’t know why.”

"It may be raining but there's a rainbow above you"

Former President Donald Trump early Thursday touted the results of a new NPR/PBSNewsHour/Marist poll showing him ahead of President Joe Biden by 8 percentage points among independents.

Comment

• sukie
      Seriously?
      • Sep 2012

Originally posted by Woodman View Post
      No.

Levi won the OT game.
      I meant pulling splinters out of butt cheeks…. Has comrie backed up all year?

Comment

• Woodman
        Legendary Zoner
        • Apr 2014

Originally posted by sukie View Post
        I meant pulling splinters out of butt cheeks…. Has comrie backed up all year?
        Not sure myself.

Former President Donald Trump early Thursday touted the results of a new NPR/PBSNewsHour/Marist poll showing him ahead of President Joe Biden by 8 percentage points among independents.

Comment

• Woodman
          Legendary Zoner
          • Apr 2014

1st start was tonight as I'm sure you are aware.

Comment

• Woodman
            Legendary Zoner
            • Apr 2014

I missed a couple games unfortunately.

Comment

• JATMtheJATM
              • Aug 2012

Happy about this win. Hopefully it gets em going
              Flag of Ukraine.svg

Comment

• Woodman
                Legendary Zoner
                • Apr 2014

We needed it.

Comment

• OpIv37
                  Acid Douching Asswipe
                  • Sep 2002

Gotta love this one. The Sabres committed some penalties in the 1st, but it was complete domination after that. In the 2nd, the Islanders had one PP and 1 good shift, but it was all Sabres other than that. PK has been dominant. Isles were the best faceoff team coming in, but Sabres dominated that too.

Varlamov was the only Islander that showed up. He’s the only reason this game wasn’t a complete slaughter. Comrie deserved the shutout. The one goal he gave up was a fluke in garbage time.

PP didn’t score but they were organized. They had shots and zone time. It’s a clear improvement.

Cozens remains the best player on this team. I like the new line alignment. Cozens/Tuch/Skinner is just insane talent. Having Tage and Greenway on the same line is so much size but still talented. I hope Tage doesn’t see it as a demotíon. The sample size is small but it looks like a better distribution of talent.

Mixed feelings on Tuch fighting. I love the fact that he stood up for the dirty hit on Skinner that wasn’t called, and he won the fight. And I don’t care about him taking the extra 2 for instigating when it was a dirty hit on a star and our PK is unreal. But, he’s one of our top offensive players and it took him off the ice for 5.

Islanders put their dirty 4th line out on the ice after the 2 late goals for the Sabres in the 2nd. Their line got called for a penalty but committed at least 3 that weren’t called. Good coaching and good discipline on the Sabres. No reason to fight when you’re up 2-0 at home.
                  MiKiDo Facebook
                  MiKiDo Website

Comment

• DetoxTent
                    • Sep 2023

Originally posted by sukie View Post
                    I thought UPL was the backup… hmmmmm
                    Comrie is probably the best goalie on the roster right now. 6-1-1 in his last 8 starts. Levi young star. They are trying to let him get his feet wet. But it is Comrie & Levi. UPL is trade bait.

Comment

• DetoxTent
                      • Sep 2023

Biggest disappointment last night is Comrie not getting the shut out. With Levi & UPL, this acquisition gets marginalized. He's good and wants to show he is an NHL starting goaltender. The Sabres should announce him as their number 1 starter and ride him for as long as they can. The team plays hard in front of him too. So you know they like him.

Comment

• DetoxTent
                        • Sep 2023

For those of you that missed it, Adam Pelech took a cheap shot at Jeff Skinner. Alex Tuch buried him.

Comment

• DetoxTent
                          • Sep 2023

Comment

• DetoxTent
                            • Sep 2023

For those that missed it, Adam Pelech took a cheap shot at Jeff Skinner. Alex Tuch pummeled him for that.

Originally posted by Paul Hamilton
                            Another big part of this game came at 10:16 of the second period. Ryan Pulock took a cheap shot at Skinner and Alex Tuch couldn’t get there fast enough. He pounded Pulock and sent a message to the Islanders that they weren’t going to put up with that.

Comment

• DetoxTent
                              • Sep 2023

Originally posted by Paul Hamilton
                              Another big part of this game came at 10:16 of the second period. Ryan Pulock took a cheap shot at Skinner and Alex Tuch couldn’t get there fast enough. He pounded Pulock and sent a message to the Islanders that they weren’t going to put up with that.

Comment

• JATMtheJATM
                                • Aug 2012

Originally posted by OpIv37 View Post
                                Gotta love this one. The Sabres committed some penalties in the 1st, but it was complete domination after that. In the 2nd, the Islanders had one PP and 1 good shift, but it was all Sabres other than that. PK has been dominant. Isles were the best faceoff team coming in, but Sabres dominated that too.

Varlamov was the only Islander that showed up. He’s the only reason this game wasn’t a complete slaughter. Comrie deserved the shutout. The one goal he gave up was a fluke in garbage time.

PP didn’t score but they were organized. They had shots and zone time. It’s a clear improvement.

Cozens remains the best player on this team. I like the new line alignment. Cozens/Tuch/Skinner is just insane talent. Having Tage and Greenway on the same line is so much size but still talented. I hope Tage doesn’t see it as a demotíon. The sample size is small but it looks like a better distribution of talent.

Mixed feelings on Tuch fighting. I love the fact that he stood up for the dirty hit on Skinner that wasn’t called, and he won the fight. And I don’t care about him taking the extra 2 for instigating when it was a dirty hit on a star and our PK is unreal. But, he’s one of our top offensive players and it took him off the ice for 5.

Islanders put their dirty 4th line out on the ice after the 2 late goals for the Sabres in the 2nd. Their line got called for a penalty but committed at least 3 that weren’t called. Good coaching and good discipline on the Sabres. No reason to fight when you’re up 2-0 at home.
                                Varlamov was on my short list of "available" goaltenders that I wanted. But it was unlikely he was going to leave the Island
                                Flag of Ukraine.svg

Comment

Working...
                                X