2023-2024 Buffalo Sabres gameday thread !!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • DetoxTent
    • Sep 2023

Re: 2023-2024 Buffalo Sabres gameday thread !!

Originally posted by JATMtheJATM View Post
    Time to start looking at prospects
    They have been. Rosen was sent back down. Kulich too. Biro has been up and back. Savoie was sent back.

They have to get Quinn and Thompson back then put back the top two lines: Skinner-Thompson-Tuch and Quinn-Cozens-Peterka.

Then Greenway-Mittelstadt-Olofsson/Benson and Girgensons-Krebs-Okposo.

Comment

• JATMtheJATM
      • Aug 2012

So frustrating. The sabres have tons of assets. They can move some and get youth that can help now as well as retain that depth. Is Adams afraid to pull the trigger? Or did he get lucky last year with a bunch of young guys who had career years?

Is Pegula still trying to run the show?
      Flag of Ukraine.svg

Comment

• Novacane
        • Jul 2002

I didn't even realize they had a game yesterday and lost again until this morning. I'm checking out again. I'm sick of the same old story.

Comment

• JATMtheJATM
          • Aug 2012

Scratch that. Tage is IN tonight
          Flag of Ukraine.svg

Comment

• OpIv37
            Acid Douching Asswipe
            • Sep 2002

This team is unwatchable. The fans deserve better but we will never get it. Glad I only watched the recap.
            MiKiDo Facebook
            MiKiDo Website

Comment

• TheConsigliere
              • Aug 2022

Originally posted by OpIv37 View Post
              This team is unwatchable. The fans deserve better but we will never get it. Glad I only watched the recap.
              Please watch Thursday Night’s game in Boston.

Comment

• Novacane
                • Jul 2002

We wanted separation. Now we're getting it.

Comment

• JATMtheJATM
                  • Aug 2012

They get down 4 nothing and suddenly they turned into a good team.

Too little too late, but some encouraging signs.

Unless this team rattles off 7 straight or something, this season is over
                  Flag of Ukraine.svg

Comment

• JATMtheJATM
                    • Aug 2012

Originally posted by DetoxTent View Post
                    They have been. Rosen was sent back down. Kulich too. Biro has been up and back. Savoie was sent back.

They have to get Quinn and Thompson back then put back the top two lines: Skinner-Thompson-Tuch and Quinn-Cozens-Peterka.

Then Greenway-Mittelstadt-Olofsson/Benson and Girgensons-Krebs-Okposo.
                    I meant for the draft
                    Flag of Ukraine.svg

Comment

• OpIv37
                      Acid Douching Asswipe
                      • Sep 2002

From the Athletic:

Now it’s early December, and Granato was again talking about a new plateau after the Sabres lost their third of four straight losses. They’re 10-14-2, last in the Atlantic Division in terms of point percentage. They have a minus-16 goal differential, second worst in the conference. On this date last season, the Sabres were 12-13-1 with a plus-nine goal differential even with that eight-game losing streak in November.
                      How did we get WORSE than last year? We have so many young guys who were playing so well at the end of last season. Look, no one who knows anything about the game expected the Sabres to be Cup contenders this year, but no one expected them to regress and be last in the division either. While the team still lacks talent compared to the contenders, there is too much talent to be THIS bad.
                      MiKiDo Facebook
                      MiKiDo Website

Comment

• Mr. Pink
                        Peterman Sucks!
                        • Mar 2006

Should have made a serious effort for Kane.

At least it would have kept up interest, sold tickets and sold merch.

As I said before, this team is going nowhere.

And I don't understand why they tend to just not show up for the first half of games and play really well for the second half of games. Once, against Pittsburgh this didn't hurt them, but every other game they put themselves into too large of a hole to dig out of.

Comment

• JATMtheJATM
                          • Aug 2012

Originally posted by Mr. Pink View Post
                          Should have made a serious effort for Kane.

At least it would have kept up interest, sold tickets and sold merch.

As I said before, this team is going nowhere.

And I don't understand why they tend to just not show up for the first half of games and play really well for the second half of games. Once, against Pittsburgh this didn't hurt them, but every other game they put themselves into too large of a hole to dig out of.
                          Kane isnt what they need. The Sabres have enough perimeter princesses on the team. They don't need another that is in decline
                          Flag of Ukraine.svg

Comment

• ckg927
                            Not quite Best in the World....
                            • Aug 2012

Originally posted by JATMtheJATM View Post
                            Kane isnt what they need. The Sabres have enough perimeter princesses on the team. They don't need another that is in decline
                            And I would argue that with Peterka's rise this year...and with Quinn on track to return sooner rather than later...Buffalo's reasoning is "WHY do we need Kane?"

Further, they have been 5 players who've had hip resurfacing surgery. NONE of them have come back to form.
                            John Hemingway(facing certain death): I want to see Buffalo win the Super Bowl.
                            David Coltrane(threatening John): Nobody's going to live that long, pal.

-The John Larroquette Show, "A Dark and Stormy Night", 4/12/94

Comment

• ckg927
                              Not quite Best in the World....
                              • Aug 2012

Originally posted by OpIv37 View Post
                              You WILL get it when Pegula sells this team to someone who gives a damn about winning. He does NOT and never HAS. It has been 12 seasons since we've had playoff hockey. Quite frankly, my patience is gone. Changes have to be made. The fish rots from the head down.
                              John Hemingway(facing certain death): I want to see Buffalo win the Super Bowl.
                              David Coltrane(threatening John): Nobody's going to live that long, pal.

-The John Larroquette Show, "A Dark and Stormy Night", 4/12/94

Comment

• JATMtheJATM
                                • Aug 2012

Originally posted by ckg927 View Post
                                And I would argue that with Peterka's rise this year...and with Quinn on track to return sooner rather than later...Buffalo's reasoning is "WHY do we need Kane?"

Further, they have been 5 players who've had hip resurfacing surgery. NONE of them have come back to form.
                                I guess Kane wanted a second year and much of the Sabres interest was tied into the owners desire to have Kane. Keep Pegula away from decisions.
                                Flag of Ukraine.svg

Comment

Working...
                                X