2023-2024 Buffalo Sabres gameday thread !!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • DetoxTent
    • Sep 2023

Re: 2023-2024 Buffalo Sabres gameday thread !!

Pegula just needs to get a hockey guy to run things. The Kevyn Adams youth movement has hit a hiccup. He paid players who subsquently stopped producing. Who are the scorers? Every player not named Peterka is responsible. Especially the guys that got paid. Thompson has turned into Olofsson. He is a one trick pony. He has the whole team trying to feed him the puck at the dot for the one big shot. Every team in the league knows its coming. They are putting "spies" on him now. Skinner disappeared. Tuch has largely disappeared. Mittlestadt not scoring enough. Dahlin is a sieve. Granato gives him too much ice time. Krebs has gone from an exciting prospect to a place holder. Power tries, but probably is getting a little too much ice time for where he is at. And nobody goes to the net. If they are leaving it all for Greenway to do, they have failed.

Kevyn Adams is too stubborn. If he is going to bring in veterans, he needs to be allowed to bring in better players than Greenway and Eric Johnson, who are nothing more than B-movie stars. And he has to be willing to do it. It was hard to watch Dallas come in with guys like Duchene and Pavelski. Players that would have looked good in blue & gold. It's frustrating to watch.
    Last edited by DetoxTent; 02-11-2024, 08:42 AM.

Comment

• JATMtheJATM
      • Aug 2012

Originally posted by DetoxTent View Post
      Pegula just needs to get a hockey guy to run things. The Kevyn Adams youth movement has hit a hiccup. He paid players who subsquently stopped producing. Who are the scorers? Every player not named Peterka is responsible. Especially the guys that got paid. Thompson has turned into Olofsson. He is a one trick pony. He has the whole team trying to feed him the puck at the dot for the one big shot. Every team in the league knows its coming. They are putting "spies" on him now. Skinner disappeared. Tuch has largely disappeared. Mittlestadt not scoring enough. Dahlin is a sieve. Granato gives him too much ice time. Krebs has gone from an exciting prospect to a place holder. Power tries, but probably is getting a little too much ice time for where he is at. And nobody goes to the net. If they are leaving it all for Greenway to do, they have failed.

Kevyn Adams is too stubborn. If he is going to bring in veterans, he needs to be allowed to bring in better players than Greenway and Eric Johnson, who are nothing more than B-movie stars. And he has to be willing to do it. It was hard to watch Dallas come in with guys like Duchene and Pavelski. Players that would have looked good in blue & gold. It's frustrating to watch.
      I think you hit the nail on the head with the last part. Plenty of players who aren't stars, but still really productive, good players, have been available and Adams hasn't even thought about them.

I will tell you this though. After yesterday's game, I saw JJ working on his shot in the tunnel while we were going to our locker room. Good to see him working overtime to get better
      Flag of Ukraine.svg

Comment

• JATMtheJATM
        • Aug 2012

Kill me

Flag of Ukraine.svg

Comment

• Novacane
          • Jul 2002

They were going to lose with him. The can lose without him.

Comment

• Woodman
            Legendary Zoner
            • Apr 2014

7-0 Sabres

“It breaks your heart when someone leaves and you don’t know why.”

"It may be raining but there's a rainbow above you"

Former President Donald Trump early Thursday touted the results of a new NPR/PBSNewsHour/Marist poll showing him ahead of President Joe Biden by 8 percentage points among independents.

Comment

• Novacane
              • Jul 2002

Comment

• OpIv37
                Acid Douching Asswipe
                • Sep 2002

Can we just play the Kings every night?
                MiKiDo Facebook
                MiKiDo Website

Comment

• DetoxTent
                  • Sep 2023

Originally posted by OpIv37 View Post
                  You hit the nail on the head. This win was more about a totally listless Kings team than anything special that the Sabres are. WGR reports that Granato yelled at them after the last loss. They go on to suggest this is why they won so big. LOL. If that's the case, why isn't he yelling at them 82 times a year? This is lame. And the Sabres clearly have some talented players that coaching is not preparing mentally for these losses.

Comment

• JATMtheJATM
                    • Aug 2012

You hit the nail on the head. This win was more about a totally listless Kings team than anything special that the Sabres are. WGR reports that Granato yelled at them after the last loss. They go on to suggest this is why they won so big. LOL. If that's the case, why isn't he yelling at them 82 times a year? This is lame. And the Sabres clearly have some talented players that coaching is not preparing mentally for these losses.
                    It shouldn't take till mid February when they're all but out for Granato to demand better. Should have happened in November
                    Flag of Ukraine.svg

Comment

• DetoxTent
                      • Sep 2023

Originally posted by JATMtheJATM View Post
                      It shouldn't take till mid February when they're all but out for Granato to demand better. Should have happened in November
                      100%.

Comment

• DetoxTent
                        • Sep 2023

Rumors about Kulich, Tuch, Mittelstadt....

Marek: “Oh, I listen, I’m with you. 100%. And I think of, you know, other owners and I’ll think of, you know, someone like Terry Pegula, who’s always really likes Zemgus Girgensons. He’s really like the player, really liked the person.

Friedman: “Again, like you brought in Buffalo with the ends, you know, they’re, they’re talking about we need help now. And we have mentioned about how they’re taking look at some of their kids and I don’t think, maybe some of the ones that haven’t made the NHL yet, and I don’t think (Jiri) Kulich is one of them. I, I had some people who specifically told me that, that they were, they were asking about Kulich and they’re like, ‘No.'”

And he and you know, like, I completely agree with you. You gotta have veterans around some of these guys. Like there are people who say to m,e while you look at Chicago, they want three Stanley Cups and the kids were all the drivers. And I said yeah, they were and those, a lot of those kids are going to the Hall of Fame. You know, Keith was a little bit older but I think that team is more the exception than the rule. We we get caught up in exceptions a lot as opposed to the rule. And you have to have good veterans.”

By the way, you know, the other thing I heard I actually on the, on the weekend was, I think some teams had asked Buffalo about (Alec) Tuch. And I think Buffalo just said, you know, we’re not we’re not doing that.”

The (Casey) Mittelstadt one I think is really interesting. You know, I’m big, as you know, I’m big Andrew Peters and Craig Rivet fans.”

Marek: “Yep.”

Friedman: “And then they have a Mittelstadt out there and I think the Sabres privately have pushed back on the idea that they are actively shopping him. But I think everybody can see here it’s pay him or move on. Like that’s, if you ask people around the league you know Buffalo’s at that point. Are you committing, especially as we said on Friday with everybody else getting paid, you basically have to make a choice. And it’s gonna be a big arb(itration) number too. Big arb number.”

Marek: “Yes it will. Yes it will.”

Comment

• JATMtheJATM
                          • Aug 2012

Rumors about Kulich, Tuch, Mittelstadt....
                          I'm not gonna lie. Id rather listen to this. Reading this was kinda tough.

Apparently Peters is getting slammed as Adams said there is zero truth to the Mittlestadt rumors
                          Flag of Ukraine.svg

Comment

• Woodman
                            Legendary Zoner
                            • Apr 2014

Originally posted by OpIv37 View Post

Former President Donald Trump early Thursday touted the results of a new NPR/PBSNewsHour/Marist poll showing him ahead of President Joe Biden by 8 percentage points among independents.

Comment

• Woodman
                              Legendary Zoner
                              • Apr 2014

Originally posted by JATMtheJATM View Post
                              Yup.

Just a bit late!

Comment

• JATMtheJATM
                                • Aug 2012

Tokarski called up as UPL is day to day with an injury
                                Flag of Ukraine.svg

Comment

Working...
                                X