2023-2024 Buffalo Sabres gameday thread !!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • JATMtheJATM
    • Aug 2012

Re: 2023-2024 Buffalo Sabres gameday thread !!

The way this team has performed since the calendar flipped is encouraging. You're also seeing that explosive offense from last year more (and then get shut out)

It's encouraging that Adams should see this team as heading in the right direction and needing to add to the team for a push next year. And I think with the right moves, they can skip simply making it and actually go for a roster that wings a playoff series. It's a stretch, but I think it's there.
    Flag of Ukraine.svg

Comment

• Novacane
      • Jul 2002

I feel they are close too but the issue is we felt that after last season and they took a step backwards. I'd make a coaching change. I'd trade Cozens for a vet leader. Maybe that player won't be as talented but I don't feel like Cozens brings it every night. That would send a message to the rest of the young players that's not going to be tolerated.

Comment

• JATMtheJATM
        • Aug 2012

Originally posted by Novacane View Post
        I feel they are close too but the issue is we felt that after last season and they took a step backwards. I'd make a coaching change. I'd trade Cozens for a vet leader. Maybe that player won't be as talented but I don't feel like Cozens brings it every night. That would send a message to the rest of the young players that's not going to be tolerated.
        I wouldnt trade a center after moving mitts. Especially cozens.
        Flag of Ukraine.svg

Comment

• Woodman
          Legendary Zoner
          • Apr 2014

Final 4-2 Sabres

“It breaks your heart when someone leaves and you don’t know why.”

"It may be raining but there's a rainbow above you"

Former President Donald Trump early Thursday touted the results of a new NPR/PBSNewsHour/Marist poll showing him ahead of President Joe Biden by 8 percentage points among independents.

Comment

• Woodman
            Legendary Zoner
            • Apr 2014

SOG 34-19 Flyers that's right we were outshot and we still smoked em.

2 points for us!

Former President Donald Trump early Thursday touted the results of a new NPR/PBSNewsHour/Marist poll showing him ahead of President Joe Biden by 8 percentage points among independents.

Comment

• Woodman
              Legendary Zoner
              • Apr 2014

Sabres scorers:

Thompson, Dahlin and Quinn with a pair.

Comment

• OpIv37
                Acid Douching Asswipe
                • Sep 2002

Frustrating that Thompson finally starts showing up when it’s too late.
                MiKiDo Facebook
                MiKiDo Website

Comment

• Woodman
                  Legendary Zoner
                  • Apr 2014

yup it's a pisser.

Comment

• JATMtheJATM
                    • Aug 2012

Originally posted by OpIv37 View Post
                    Frustrating that Thompson finally starts showing up when it’s too late.
                    It's not too late, man. A win against the wings Sunday, and they are like two points out.

These are meaningful games.

And let's not confuse "showing up" with the fact he rushed back from injury and wasn't feeling himself for months.
                    Flag of Ukraine.svg

Comment

• OpIv37
                      Acid Douching Asswipe
                      • Sep 2002

Originally posted by JATMtheJATM View Post
                      It's not too late, man. A win against the wings Sunday, and they are like two points out.

These are meaningful games.

And let's not confuse "showing up" with the fact he rushed back from injury and wasn't feeling himself for months.
                      It would take them winning out and a miraculous amount of help from other teams. At this point my consolation prize will be if they can beat the Caps again and keep them out of the playoffs and keep Obie from scoring.
                      MiKiDo Facebook
                      MiKiDo Website

Comment

• JATMtheJATM
                        • Aug 2012

Originally posted by OpIv37 View Post
                        It would take them winning out and a miraculous amount of help from other teams. At this point my consolation prize will be if they can beat the Caps again and keep them out of the playoffs and keep Obie from scoring.
                        The point is, we are in the sunset of the season, and they still matter.

And for most of the drought, we begged for this. I get this season was ultimately a let down, but we fans had no vision of important games in April two months ago. That matters. No matter how long the odds are.
                        Flag of Ukraine.svg

Comment

• Novacane
                          • Jul 2002

My worry is the winning lately will make Adams think everything is fine and do the same thing he did last offseason, Nothing!!!! UPL emergence is the only reason this season isn't a disaster. Changes need to be made.

Comment

• TheConsigliere
                            • Aug 2022

My worry is the winning lately will make Adams think everything is fine and do the same thing he did last offseason, Nothing!!!! UPL emergence is the only reason this season isn't a disaster. Changes need to be made.
                            Once Kim beats that thing she has she will resume her duties and straighten out the Sabres very quickly.

Keep the faith.

Comment

• DetoxTent
                              • Sep 2023

LOL! You don't feel like Cozens brings it every night??? WTF are you watching? He's the ONLY one that brings it every night. They paid him for it. No one works harder on this team than Cozens. And it will be his team over the next several years. What a hilarious statement you made.

Comment

• DetoxTent
                                • Sep 2023

Calm down Sally. This season they will have the second most point total they've had since the 2011-2012 season. There were injuries. Thompson's injury affected Tuch & Skinner. Quinn's injury affected Cozen's & Peterka's production. Samuelsson was hurt much of the time. Adams has to fine tune everything. But it's just fine tuning. Oloffson turned the puck over 2 or 3 times last night. He'll be gone. Skinner's time should be over too. They should replace his output with someone else. Rousek has shown us nothing. If he's the best call-up from Rochester, then I would be concerned. Biro was better. Defense seems set. Goaltenders seem set (despite what this moron says: https://thehockeynews.com/news/why-t...gap-goaltender). They need to rebuild their 3rd and 4th lines. They need guys to go to the net. Cozens is one of the only players that does that night in and night out.

- - - Updated - - -

This tight, on-target cross-ice pass from Peterka to Thompson was sick! Just as the Deke by Tuch before it:

Comment

Working...
                                X