X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • swiper
    • Sep 2010

How much do NHL Players Hate Buffalo?

O'Reilly wanted out. Eichel wanted out. Reinhart wanted out. Montour wanted out. Ristolainen wanted out. You can add McNabb, Zach Bogosian, etc.

Going back to the O'Reilly trade, On July 1, 2018 the Sabres trade O' Reilly to the Blues for Patrik Berglund, Vladamir Svboda, and Tage Thompson. We all knew how that turned out. Berglund was the best player coming to Buffalo. He had decent stats. He got to Buffalo and slacked off, finally quitting the team in December of 2018. He quit hockey altogether to get out of Buffalo. The whole situation was kept kinda quiet at the time. This comes out now. He hated Buffalo so much:

NHL News: Patrik Berglund on his no-trade list, Buffalo, and leaving the NHL

Berglund: “Ya. So with two weeks leading up to that point, I’m calling my agent, and we’re not going to mention, never going to say his f#@$ing name. And I was like, should I give my list? Like how does this work? And he was like, ‘No, no, no. It doesn’t work like that. If they want to move you, they have to contact us.’

I’m in Sweden. I played golf the day before. Sleeping, and I wake up the next morning and I have a 100 texts. A 100 phone calls. And I know right away.

Like Buffalo was obviously first on my list. First team that I would never want to go to. I’d rather, like I did, I’d rather quit playing hockey then go on this team.
  • POTLAND PSILBYLO
    Asst to Dean Vernon Wormer
    • Nov 2012

Re: How much do NHL Players Hate Buffalo?

I'm sure some do, and some don't. Look at Tuch.

Comment

• swiper
      • Sep 2010

Comment

• swiper
        • Sep 2010

Turns out Berglund is not a stand-up guy:

Patrik Berglund arrested on charges of assault and rape

Comment

• sukie
          Seriously?
          • Sep 2012

That was so when the Sabres were an organizational dumpster fire. I’d take Tage over O’Reilly all day long

Comment

• OpIv37
            Acid Douching Asswipe
            • Sep 2002

The team was a **** show back then. And, Buffalo is weird. It's a small market where hockey gets a lot of attention.

That being said, he comes off like a spoiled brat. I know the org sucked and it was being run by morons at the time, but he's still making millions to play hockey. Working for the worst hockey team is still better than driving the best big rig or working in the best factory or working in the best call center or waiting tables at the best restaurant...
            MiKiDo Facebook
            MiKiDo Website

Comment

• Novacane
              • Jul 2002

Win and players will want to come here.

Comment

Working...
              X