• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Woodman
    Legendary Zoner
    • Apr 2014

Dawson Knox: Teaming me with Dalton Kincaid

Dawson Knox- Teaming me with Dalton Kincaid will "open up a lot of doors" for Bills offense - ProFootballTalk

The Bills traded up in the first round to take Dalton Kincaid last month and making that kind of move can make other players at the same position feel a bit nervous about their status.
    That’s not the case for Buffalo’s top returning tight end, however. Dawson Knox called himself “super excited” about Kincaid joining the team and said he envisions the two players creating matchups that have the offense “drooling before the ball is even snapped” this season.

“It breaks your heart when someone leaves and you don’t know why.”

"It may be raining but there's a rainbow above you"

Former President Donald Trump early Thursday touted the results of a new NPR/PBSNewsHour/Marist poll showing him ahead of President Joe Biden by 8 percentage points among independents.
  • Woodman
    Legendary Zoner
    • Apr 2014

Re: Dawson Knox: Teaming me with Dalton Kincaid

“’12’ personnel is going to open up a lot of doors for the offense. . . . We want them in nickel if we want to run and if we bring in two tight ends, sometimes they will have to bring in a base linebacker,” Knox said, via Ryan O’Halloran of the Buffalo News. “That will start to expose some mismatches. It’s going to be really fun.”

Former President Donald Trump early Thursday touted the results of a new NPR/PBSNewsHour/Marist poll showing him ahead of President Joe Biden by 8 percentage points among independents.

Comment

• Lexwhat
      • Feb 2005

I said before, and still believe, that this is Beane's best 1st round draft pick since Josh Allen.

Comment

• Woodman
        Legendary Zoner
        • Apr 2014

Originally posted by Lexwhat View Post
        I said before, and still believe, that this is Beane's best 1st round draft pick since Josh Allen.
        Totally agree!

Comment

• Goobylal
          • Jan 2004

Why should Knox feel nervous? He just signed a huge contract last off-season.

Comment

• notacon
            • Aug 2012

Originally posted by Goobylal View Post
            Why should Knox feel nervous? He just signed a huge contract last off-season.
            Well...he does have some “worry” after the 2024 season. But not much.

2023 is the last year of any guaranteed salary....$1.95M.

Next season his cap number explodes to $14.4M, but there would be a $11.7M dead cap hit if released....and only a $2.7M cap savings. 2025 is more problematic as his cap hit increases to $15.4M (barring any restructure) with an even split between dead cap and cap saving...both around $7.8M.

With Kincaid being a first round pick, the Bills are assured cost controlled contract for at least four years. Which happens to coincide with Knox’s last contract year of 2026....when he will be 30 years old.

Kincaid is not a threat to Knox in terms of how they play the position. We already know that.

What is exciting is how much Kincaid opens up the offense, hopefully plugging the huge hole of lack of the passing game in the middle of the field. McKenzie was supposed to be the answer, but, sadly he was not up to the task.

The most interesting stat (from the Buffalo News article) was the low amount of 12 personnel the Bills employees last season....4%. As compared to....

Per Sharp Football Analysis, the Bills used “12” personnel on 4% of their pass plays, tied for second-lowest in the NFL with the Rams and ahead of only Cincinnati (3%). Baltimore (34%) and Kansas City (29%) led the league.
            Copying KC is welcome news. Kincaid seems to have the tools to make this a real threat.

Comment

• notacon
              • Aug 2012

Matt Bowen, ESPN Staff writer, published this take on the “2023 NFL Draft: Best team fits, landing spots for top rookies”....

Dalton Kincaid, TE, Buffalo Bills

Drafted: Round 1, No. 25

Why he is a perfect fit: The Bills ran just 32 snaps of 12 personnel (1 RB, 2 TE) last season, the lowest total in the league. But with Kincaid now in the mix, we should expect a shift in offensive philosophy from coordinator Ken Dorsey. I think Buffalo can create great pass-game matchups with two tight ends in the game. Paired with Dawson Knox, Kincaid can be the move/flex target at the position, with seam-stretching ability and catch-and-run skills.

Kincaid will be an inside, vertical stretch target for quarterback Josh Allen against split-safety coverages, but he can also be deployed as a boundary X receiver to create man-coverage mismatches. Think of him as a versatile pass-catcher who gives the Bills matchup looks against base and sub-personnel packages. He's coming off a productive year with 70 catches, 890 yards and 8 touchdowns.

Comment

• Forward_Lateral
                • Mar 2004

Remember how dangerous The Pats were with Gronk and Hernandez?

If The Bills can even come close to replicating that, look out

Comment

• Woodman
                  Legendary Zoner
                  • Apr 2014

Originally posted by Forward_Lateral View Post

Works for me.

Comment

• sukie
                    Seriously?
                    • Sep 2012

It’s all about Mr Dorsey

Comment

• swiper
                      Legendary Zoner
                      • Sep 2010

Originally posted by Forward_Lateral View Post

That's exactly what's coming. The Bills are going to be an offensive powerhouse. Can't wait.

Comment

• swiper
                        Legendary Zoner
                        • Sep 2010

Originally posted by sukie View Post
                        It’s all about Mr Dorsey
                        Why you gotta be a stick in the mud?

Comment

• Oaf
                          Do you read what you write?
                          • Jun 2007

Curious, if we were so into this setup, why not just sign Mike Gesicki in FA?

Comment

• Goobylal
                            • Jan 2004

Originally posted by Oaf View Post
                            He has the potential to be far better. Plus he'll be cheaper.
                            Last edited by Goobylal; 05-09-2023, 07:11 PM.

Comment

• Forward_Lateral
                              • Mar 2004

Originally posted by Oaf View Post
                              Is this a serious question?

Comment

Working...
                              X