Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Bills Mafia prepared for life after Tremaine Edmunds

Thanks
    Thanked 11,697 Times in 7,757 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Re: Bills Mafia prepared for life after Tremaine Edmunds

Quote Originally Posted by Goobylal View Post
    I disagree. If they were planning on keeping things the same, they would have just kept Frazier.
    Except the decision to go was Frazier’s, not the Bills.

Haha...yeah you think so ? Mace's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 16,494 Times in 9,189 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by notacon View Post
    He didn't really leave yet.

3. Post thanked by:

notacon (05-14-2023)

Thanks
    Thanked 13,409 Times in 9,123 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by Night Train View Post
    They will run the 4-2-5. Taron Johnson is our slot corner. Milano, who is basically a hybrid safety playing the so called will position...and one more . Who that is will be determined in the summer. Might be a rotation. I have zero idea until they show something.
    An adaptation that was necessary because of all the passing. Wish they would move back to promoting the run game a bit more. The best football is a mix of the both.

Thanks
    Thanked 5,093 Times in 3,572 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

I'd be willing to be they told him he would no longer be calling plays on game day and he chose to leave.

Thanks
    Thanked 7,575 Times in 6,134 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by Mad Bomber View Post
    Cheer up…Dorian Williams has a good head of hair.
    So he has that going for him which is nice.
    28**60**128**133**144**160**163**200**204**248

7. Post thanked by:

Mad Bomber (05-14-2023)

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

I'd be willing to be they told him he would no longer be calling plays on game day and he chose to leave.
    I doubt that very much. There is zero evidence of that.

Even if there was, that still does not support what you wrote....that "If they were planning on keeping things the same, they would have just kept Frazier.” which states pretty cleary that the decision to take a year off was the Bills, and not Frazier’s.

Now you are walking back that uninformed (as in you have no idea) take and admitting that “..he (Frazier) close to leave”.

You can’t have it both ways.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

I doubt that very much. There is zero evidence of that.

Even if there was, that still does not support what you wrote....that "[COLOR=#333333]If they were planning on keeping things the same, they would have just kept Frazier.” which states pretty cleary that the decision to take a year off was the Bills, and not Frazier’s.

Now you are walking back that uninformed (as in you have no idea) take and admitting that “..he (Frazier) close to leave”.

You can’t have it both ways.
    I meant keeping Frazier {I}as DC and calling plays[/I]. People have been calling for McD to take play-calling away from him. Do you think it's a coincidence that he is suddenly going to be calling the plays?

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

I meant keeping Frazier {I}as DC and calling plays[/I]. People have been calling for McD to take play-calling away from him. Do you think it's a coincidence that he is suddenly going to be calling the plays?
    Are the “people” who may have “been calling for McD to take play-calling away from him” fans on sites like this??? Spare me.

Sorry, but the all the information, and those from “insiders”....the people that are in the know are not saying anything like this....

Insider Sheds New Light on Bills DC Leslie Frazier’s Mysterious Exit

While Frazier has never publicly explained his decision to step away from football, one insider has quashed rumors that he was pushed out by head coach Sean McDermott or general manager Brandon Beane. The Athletic’s Joe Buscaglia shed some light on the departure of the longtime defensive coordinator, noting that Beane gave a very telling answer about Frazier’s decision to leave.

Leslie Frazier Left on His Own Accord, Insider Hints

In a mailbag column for The Athletic, a fan asked Buscaglia whether there was any chance that Frazier decided to leave after learning that head coach Sean McDermott planned to call defensive plays next season or that the team decided to add Al Holcomb as a senior defensive assistant.

Buscaglia pointed out that Beane never hinted at anything of the sort, saying the Bills general manager would have been forthright if that were the case.

….snip….

Leslie Frazier’s Exit May Have Still Made Waves

Despite Buscaglia’s speculation that the Bills did not force Frazier out of his job, there are still hints that his departure made some waves within the organization and left other coaches unhappy with the public reaction. After some fans who’d heaped blame on Frazier celebrated his departure, one unnamed Bills defensive assistant coach told The Athletic’s Tim Graham that it was “embarrassing” to see that reaction.

“It’s embarrassing anybody could get so pumped up about losing Coach Frazier,” Graham quoted the unnamed coach. “He’s a pillar.”

More…
    Yeah....the assistant coach who is “embarrassed” (probably more pissed off than embarrassed) is talking (disgustingly so) directly to those “people” who may have “been calling for McD to take play-calling away from him”

Another example of some “fans” not knowing the first clue what they are talking about (in respect to what goes on within the Bills organization) in order to **** on a Bills coach.

Here is the originally published “mailbag" comment that is referred to above...

Is there any chance Leslie Frazier decided to step away from the Bills after learning that Sean McDermott planned to call defensive plays in 2023? Or could he have been upset by the addition of Al Holcomb to the coaching staff? — Kevin C.

I know there were quite a few wondering if Frazier’s decision to take a year off had more to it, but Beane is a straight shooter in interview settings. If he didn’t want to shed more light on something, he would say something like, “I don’t really want to get into all of that,” rather than saying something completely untrue. When asked, point blank, if Frazier would have been the defensive coordinator in 2023 if Frazier wanted to, Beane succinctly said the job would have remained with Frazier. The coach is now 64 years old, has been overlooked for head coaching jobs and interviews for years since arriving in Buffalo and just went through one of the most mentally exhausting seasons any NFL team has faced. That’s what I’d point to above all else.
    This is the Tim Graham article that the assistant coach is quoted....and the title to the article tells it all....

Graham: Why Bills fans got their fickle wish with Leslie Frazier’s exit

Four months ago, Buffalo Bills fans were asking me about defensive coordinator candidates if Leslie Frazier left for a head coaching job.

This week, the Bills announced Frazier has decided to leave the team for 2023.

Much of the fan reaction was pathetic.

Fans feverishly celebrated the departure of a leader who is beloved by his players, who had a significant role in establishing an exemplary culture after nearly two decades of misery, who helped turn a laughingstock into a Super Bowl contender.

The attitude was predictable, however. My most recent mailbag was stuffed with questions and comments about firing Frazier, firing offensive coordinator Ken Dorsey, firing head coach Sean McDermott, firing general manager Brandon Beane and firing just about everyone aside from the medical staff.

At least with Frazier,Bills fans have gotten their fickle wish.

Frazier interviewed for three top NFL jobs last year, and now there’s a segment of Buffalo’s fan base glad he’s no longer anywhere near the staff.

As one of Frazier’s defensive assistants told me here at the NFL Scouting Combine, “It’s embarrassing anybody could get so pumped up about losing coach Frazier. He’s a pillar.”

…snip…

We’re left with questions over Frazier’s need for a sabbatical and the timing of his decision.

The revelation created a buzz in Indianapolis, where folks wondered whether the Bills merely decided to part ways and concocted a tale so the classy Frazier could save face.

That conspiracy doesn’t add up. Beane said Frazier still would be Buffalo’s defensive coordinator if Frazier didn’t want time away and that there was no knowledge of any health-related issues.

I don’t believe Frazier would lie either. In a text to NFL Network reporter Ian Rapoport, Frazier said he was “just taking a break.”

This isn’t a ruse.

A sensible explanation is that Frazier is beaten down after a grueling season followed by frustrations over a lack of opportunities to be a head coach again.

He will be 64 next month and must be wondering what else there is to prove.

A lot more…
    Like I said above....the idea that Frazier was pushed out, or left because of the phantom idea that defensive play calling was being taken away...I doubt VERY MUCH and there is zero evidence of that....except in the musings on ill informed “fans” guessing.

The upshot is that a lot of Bills “fans” suck. They don’t deserve an elite team.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Do you really believe that?

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

There isn't anyone else because they didn't replace Frazier. McD isn't going to trust the fresh Holcomb...and took over playcalling sometimes anyway. Frazier will be back if he wants to be. Beane said so.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Are the “people” who may have “been calling for McD to take play-calling away from him” fans on sites like this??? Spare me.

Sorry, but the all the information, and those from “insiders”....the people that are in the know are not saying anything like this....

Insider Sheds New Light on Bills DC Leslie Frazier’s Mysterious Exit

Yeah....the assistant coach who is “embarrassed” (probably more pissed off than embarrassed) is talking (disgustingly so) directly to those “people” who may have “been calling for McD to take play-calling away from him”

Another example of some “fans” not knowing the first clue what they are talking about (in respect to what goes on within the Bills organization) in order to **** on a Bills coach.

Here is the originally published “mailbag" comment that is referred to above...

This is the Tim Graham article that the assistant coach is quoted....and the title to the article tells it all....

Graham: Why Bills fans got their fickle wish with Leslie Frazier’s exit

Like I said above....the idea that Frazier was pushed out, or left because of the phantom idea that defensive play calling was being taken away...I doubt VERY MUCH and there is zero evidence of that....except in the musings on ill informed “fans” guessing.

The upshot is that a lot of Bills “fans” suck. They don’t deserve an elite team.
    Yeah, like I said, Frazier could have stayed as the DC in name, but with McD calling the plays. IOW a demotion.

And no one is happy to see him go because he's a good coach and person, but they needed to make changes on defense. So now McD gets his chance. And then he's on the hot seat.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by Mace View Post
    There isn't anyone else because they didn't replace Frazier. McD isn't going to trust the fresh Holcomb...and took over playcalling sometimes anyway. Frazier will be back if he wants to be. Beane said so.
    Fair enough. But which came first: Frazier being told play-calling was being taken away or him leaving and then McD taking over play-calling?

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Fair enough. But which came first: Frazier being told play-calling was being taken away or him leaving and then McD taking over play-calling?
    I'm no fan of Frazier....but I haven't seen anything that said McD was taking over playcalling before Frazier said he was taking a season off ?

16. Post thanked by:

notacon (05-15-2023)

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

I'm no fan of Frazier....but I haven't seen anything that said McD was taking over playcalling before Frazier said he was taking a season off ?
    If that's the way it happened, and I believe it is, you weren't going to see it before it happened. There were only 2 people that needed to be in the original loop: McD telling Beane he was doing it, and those guys aren't letting that slip.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

If that's the way it happened, and I believe it is, you weren't going to see it before it happened. There were only 2 people that needed to be in the original loop: McD telling Beane he was doing it, and those guys aren't letting that slip.
    See...I don't know....and to me it would be worse because it's unfortunately not a defense built for McD's Jim Johnson background.....and so...to me outside hiis comfort zone. McD has taken over playcalling before with no evidence it bothered the placid Frazier. I just don't believe it myself but I see where you're coming from and can't conclusively prove otherwise either.

Thanks
    Thanked 24,454 Times in 14,166 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

That’s because the new narrative is just spin to justify previous opinions that now appear to be completely off base. It happens.
    COMING SOON...
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr.Lecter
    We were both drunk and Hillary did not look that bad at 2 AM, I swear!!!!!!

20. Post thanked by:

Mace (05-15-2023)

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

See...I don't know....and to me it would be worse because it's unfortunately not a defense built for McD's Jim Johnson background.....and so...to me outside hiis comfort zone. McD has taken over playcalling before with no evidence it bothered the placid Frazier. I just don't believe it myself but I see where you're coming from and can't conclusively prove otherwise either.
    Wait, you think McD built a defense he doesn't feel comfortable coaching?

Quote Originally Posted by DraftBoy View Post
    That’s because the new narrative is just spin to justify previous opinions that now appear to be completely off base. It happens.
    Why is it "completely off base" that McD was going to take over play-calling, thus prompting Frazier to leave?

Thanks
    Thanked 24,454 Times in 14,166 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Wait, you think McD built a defense he doesn't feel comfortable coaching?

Why is it "completely off base" that McD was going to take over play-calling, thus prompting Frazier to leave?
    Because you’re making up a secret conversation between McD and Beane to act like it was totally going to happen that way.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by DraftBoy View Post
    Because you’re making up a secret conversation between McD and Beane to act like it was totally going to happen that way.
    Look, it's year 5 with Josh and the Bills are no closer to a SB appearance, much less win. Something had/has to change and since Dorsey was in his first year as OC, this was the move that needed to be made. Personally I think this should have happened last season, i.e. after 13 seconds, but here we are. Again if it happened they way I think it did, only 2 (maybe also Terry) needed to be involved in the conversation, thus we weren't going to hear about it beforehand since they wouldn't reveal it, at the very least out of respect for Frazier. If you believe that things were going to stay exactly the same and Frazier just quit, then that's your opinion and while I disagree with it completely, I'll defend your right to believe it and not call it "completely off base."

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Let me amend what I said and change it to "we just finished year 5..."