Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Bills Mafia prepared for life after Tremaine Edmunds

Thanks
    Thanked 5,086 Times in 3,569 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Re: Bills Mafia prepared for life after Tremaine Edmunds

Quote Originally Posted by notacon View Post
    I think you are wrong.

The bolded above is meaningless since it is pure conjecture. (BTW...what I wrote “I 100% do not buy your premise” its NOT a “strawman”....do you even understand what “strawman” means????)

We probably won’t ever know 100%.

But, I strongly suspect that IF there was any truth to your take ("Frazier was relieved of play-calling duties and that's why he left.”) it would have already come out. Just like the special teams call in the 13 second game was on McDermott’s shoulders.

Frazier being relieved of his play calling duties and THAT participated his stepping away from coaching for one year (instead of the much more believable and plausible scenario that he just needed a break and was frustrated by not even getting one interview for a HC positions after failing to get his shot two years in a row)...would NOT be able to kept secret and would have come out....almost without any doubt.

Jesus....just the decision to relieve a DC of play-calling duties in and of itself would be HUGE news and would NEVER be able to be contained.

Besides the fact that coaching in the NFL is a grueling job and a
    substantial health risk. The kind of stress and hours that none of here could even come close to imagining.

In fact, human nature points to IF that happened, and Frazier was that upset, he would have QUIT OUTRIGHT.

All the evidence that we DO have, does NOT point to your premise...but it does to mine. Common sense and human nature points to my premise.

Believe what you want....and I’ll believe what all the evidence points to.
    What "evidence"? You're going off of "if it happened [my] way, it would have come out." The Bills are notoriously tight-lipped. We still don't definitively know who called the plays during 13 seconds or who was responsible for the touch back prior to it. And again the only people who needed to know were Frazier, McD, Beane and Terry, and none of them would be talking. So I'll go with my evidence of McD taking over play-calling and not hiring a new DC when there was plenty of time to do so.

Thanks
    Thanked 11,695 Times in 7,755 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by Goobylal View Post
    What "evidence"? You're going off of "if it happened [my] way, it would have come out." The Bills are notoriously tight-lipped. We still don't definitively know who called the plays during 13 seconds or who was responsible for the touch back prior to it. And again the only people who needed to know were Frazier, McD, Beane and Terry, and none of them would be talking. So I'll go with my evidence of McD taking over play-calling and not hiring a new DC when there was plenty of time to do so.
    My posts stand.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

My posts stand.
    Then we have no choice but to agree to disagree. Something needed to change and I've been wanting to see McD takeover play-calling, so however it happened, I'm glad it did. Maybe it will prove to be no better or maybe worse. And then McD will be the one on the hot seat.

Thanks
    Thanked 10,254 Times in 6,469 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

I was prepared for life after Edmunds back 3 years ago.

He did have his best season last year, amazing how that happens so frequently when a player is in a contract year.

Thanks
    Thanked 9,153 Times in 5,890 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Pink, where was this his best season? What stats ? Tackles nope. TFL 3rd best. He had his third most passes defended.
    only 1 sack 1 pick.

where? I say it was an illusion

Thanks
    Thanked 7,565 Times in 6,124 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Pink View Post
    I was prepared for life after Edmunds back 3 years ago.

He did have his best season last year, amazing how that happens so frequently when a player is in a contract year.
    Not even close enough to get the payday the Bears gave him JMO.
    28**60**128**133**144**160**163**200**204**248

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by sukie View Post
    Pink, where was this his best season? What stats ? Tackles nope. TFL 3rd best. He had his third most passes defended.
    only 1 sack 1 pick.

where? I say it was an illusion
    Just watching him he wasn't just running into blockers all the time, he was reacting better to where the plays were going, he wasn't a game changer by any means but he just looked like an average player out there last year unlike the bust he looked like the previous seasons.

I had an extremely low bar for the guy admittingly.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Pink View Post
    Just watching him he wasn't just running into blockers all the time, he was reacting better to where the plays were going, he wasn't a game changer by any means but he just looked like an average player out there last year unlike the bust he looked like the previous seasons.

I had an extremely low bar for the guy admittingly.
    So illusion it was.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

So illusion it was.
    Nah.

He went from liability to average.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Then we have no choice but to agree to disagree. Something needed to change and I've been wanting to see McD takeover play-calling, so however it happened, I'm glad it did. Maybe it will prove to be no better or maybe worse. And then McD will be the one on the hot seat.
    Yes. We have to agree to disagree.

The “changes” need to be in OFFENSE, not defense. Thankfully it looks like some of the weaknesses have started to be addressed.

Last season, the OFFENSE was THE reason for every single loss. NOT the defense.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Yes. We have to agree to disagree.

The “changes” need to be in OFFENSE, not defense. Thankfully it looks like some of the weaknesses have started to be addressed.

Last season, the OFFENSE was THE reason for every single loss. NOT the defense.
    The Minnesota game was a defensive loss. And the Miami game was a result of a short week and a brutally hot environment. The Jets game sure but Josh got injured in that game.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

The Minnesota game was a defensive loss. And the Miami game was a result of a short week and a brutally hot environment. The Jets game sure but Josh got injured in that game.
    Ultimately Josh fumbled losing the Minn game and the 4th-18 to Jefferson is overlooked. (I think 4th, maybe 3rd)

Thanks
    Thanked 5,934 Times in 3,490 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Whatever you guys think about Edmunds worth or the various critiques of his play it's hard to see how the defense isn't worse now without him. Hoping for the best but I'm concerned.

14. Post thanked by:

notacon (05-18-2023)

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Ultimately Josh fumbled losing the Minn game and the 4th-18 to Jefferson is overlooked. (I think 4th, maybe 3rd)
    The 4th and 18 was in regulation. And there were defensive stops to be made prior.

Quote Originally Posted by Bill Cody View Post
    Whatever you guys think about Edmunds worth or the various critiques of his play it's hard to see how the defense isn't worse now without him. Hoping for the best but I'm concerned.
    McD will have to earn his money.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

No. Not accurate at ALL!!! You really need to read the play-by-play for these losses.

In the Minnesota game the Bills STUFFED the Vikings on the ****ing goal line TWICE (second time on 4th down). The same drive that had the impossible 4th down catch of Jefferson’s that is widely seen as THE catch of the season, the Vikes DID NOT SCORE on that driver.

The Vikes drove to a 1st and goal at the Bills THREE. The Bills STUFFED THEM.

All Josh had to do is take one or two kneel down snaps...game over. He failed...and instead fumbled the ball and handed the Vikes the go-ahead TD, instead of CLOSING THE WIN OUT!!!

In OT, the defense HELD the Vikes to a FG....after they got a 1st and goal on the Bills TWO YARD LINE. The Bills DEFENSE STUFFED THEM AGAIN....

• 1st & Goal at BUF 2

(5:17 - OT) D.Cook right end to BUF 5 for -3 yards (M.Milano).

• 2nd & Goal at BUF 5

(4:32 - OT) (Shotgun) K.Cousins sacked at BUF 15 for -10 yards (sack split by E.Oliver and S.Lawson).

• 3rd & 15 at BUF 15

(3:49 - OT) (Shotgun) K.Cousins pass incomplete short left to A.Thielen.

• 4th & Goal at BUF 15

(3:42 - OT) G.Joseph 33 yard field goal is GOOD, Center-A.DePaola, Holder-R.Wright.

The Bills roared back in PERFECT position to win the game with an OT TD. They quickly got to a 1st and 10 yard at the Vikes TWENTY YARD LINE.

Next two plays were.....under thrown incomplete pass to Knox in the end zone, ignoring Diggs open at the 15 for an easy completion and probably a first down at the 10.

Then on 2nd down another under thrown pass, this time into DOUBLE COVERAGE. INT...game over.

Miami game Josh made a couple of boneheaded plays that cost the Bills the game. Early 1st Q, ahead 7-0, 3rd and 8 on their own 14 yard line, Josh FUMBLES the ball on a sack. Hands Miami an easy 6 yard TD.

The KILLER was late in the game, down 21-17, 1:49 left, 4th down & 2 at Miami 2. Josh short hops an easy pass for the winning TD to McKenzie. Could be the lamest pass he made all season.

The Bills defense comes up HUGE AGAIN, stopping Miami COLD any their own 2....actually pushing them back one yard on the first play. The infamous “punt off the butt” play results in safety (bad for the Bills...since a free kick backed the Bills up to their own 23 yard line).

The Bills offense could not execute a simple play to get out of bounds with 18 seconds left with enough time to get the FG teem on to win the game.

Dorsey had a reaction like most Bills fans....

The Jets loss, Josh throws TWO INT’s at the worst possible times. Less than a minute into the game, a long pass has the Bills in great position, 1st and 10 at the Jets 13 yard line. BAD INT in the red zone.

The Bills defense AGAIN, come up BIG in the 3rd Q, and forces a FUMBLE. Jets have 3rd and 6 at Bills 18 yard line. They SACK Wilson and get the FUMBLE at the Bills 28.

Two plays later (the first play was a SACK for loss of 7), Josh throws ANOTHER TERRIBLE INT. Gardner runs the ball back to the Bills 19 yard line. Handing the Jets a relatively easy TD that puts them in the lead 17-14.

Yeah, Josh was “hurt”, but he was injured enough to prevent him from throwing an amazing pass right into the breadbasket of Davis....Garner is messing with him just enough to prevent a completion that would at the least put them in FG range.

So, NO, the OFFENSE was mostly at fault for all of these losses. EVERY TIME the OFFENSE had the ball in their hands with a reasonable chance to WIN THE GAME. Thy FAILED every time.

The defense played extremely well last year despite being decimated by injury after injury after injury.

The OFFENCE hardly had any substantial injuries that kept their best players off the field.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Nottie. Minn has ball on own 27, Bills up by 4. Fourth down and 18.

had the D held them the Bills take over on Minn 27 with 1:51 remaining. Vikes had only 1 time out… game over. But Nooooooo.

18. Post thanked by:

Goobylal (05-20-2023)

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Nottie. Minn has ball on own 27, Bills up by 4. Fourth down and 18.

had the D held them the Bills take over on Minn 27 with 1:51 remaining. Vikes had only 1 time out… game over. But Nooooooo.
    I know all that. The STILL STUFFED them and just had to do a couple know dow’s to win. And then a terrible INT in OT in the end zone.

There is no doubter that the OFFENSE was mostly to blame for that loss.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

But the game was over had they done their job. No need to stuff them.

21. Post thanked by:

Goobylal (05-20-2023)

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

But the game was over had they done their job. No need to stuff them.
    Oh please. What clap trap.

I cannot fault the defense for “not doing their job” on that play. It was an astounding catch by one of the best WR’s in the NFL. Once again, injuries had a third or fourth string DB defending, Cam Lewis.

Sometimes elite offensive players simply make elite plays. Just like the Bills elite offensive players do. It does not mean the defense they do it against “are not doing their jobs”.

If Josh was “doing his job” and did NOT throw TWO INTS, one in the END ZONE in OT to lose the game, and lose one HUGE fumble instead of one or twi kneel down to END THE GAME, instead handing the Vikes the go ahead TD...blah...blah...blah....

The FACT is that the defense came up big in the game and when the team needed them the most, the offense DID NOT!!!!

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

The clap trap is you throwing up the goaline stand that was unnecessary had they held on 4th and 18