Clear All
  • sukie
    Seriously?
    • Sep 2012

Re: Bills no pressure like last year.

Originally posted by Woodman View Post
    The Crown fits best after the season.

Hate the pre-crown ceremony.
    We know you were all over that coronation… who you trying to kid?

Comment

• TigerJ
      • Jul 2002

Perhaps from the perspective of sports talking heads around the country there is no pressure on the Bills, but I think Bills mafia is hungry for the next step and will be putting psychological pressure on Terry Pegula to start making more significant changes (head coach and GM) if Buffalo doesn't go further in the playoffs this season.
      I've made up my mind. Don't confuse me with the facts.

I'm the most reasonable poster here. If you don't agree, I'll be forced to have a hissy fit.

Comment

• Mr. Pink
        Peterman Sucks!
        • Mar 2006

Originally posted by TigerJ View Post
        Perhaps from the perspective of sports talking heads around the country there is no pressure on the Bills, but I think Bills mafia is hungry for the next step and will be putting psychological pressure on Terry Pegula to start making more significant changes (head coach and GM) if Buffalo doesn't go further in the playoffs this season.
        Honestly, when you're right on the doorstep but can't knock down the door to get in, changing things up HC and GM is probably the right way to go.

Comment

• sukie
          Seriously?
          • Sep 2012

Originally posted by Mr. Pink View Post
          Honestly, when you're right on the doorstep but can't knock down the door to get in, changing things up HC and GM is probably the right way to go.
          Coordinators is a start

Comment

• Mr. Pink
            Peterman Sucks!
            • Mar 2006

Originally posted by sukie View Post
            Coordinators is a start
            The right start, in my opinion, is the GM.

After all he is the guy who is bringing in the talent so either the talent he's bringing in isn't good enough or your coaching staff cannot reach those guys who are brought in.

Which means you need someone different, with a different scouting department and pro personnel director to bring in talent.

And we can all be honest, Beane and his staff are absolutely horrible at evaluating collegian talent. If he didn't draft Allen he would have been out the door because pretty much everything else he's done during the draft has been abysmal during his time here.

Comment

• sukie
              Seriously?
              • Sep 2012

Still really hard to dump a GM that loses due to 10 seconds.

last years laundry list of hurdles and obstacles was daunting. Not a GMs fault

Comment

• swiper
                Legendary Zoner
                • Sep 2010

I like this. No one has the Bills even making the Super Bowl. I guess playoff futility has created a “show me” attitude with all the talking heads.

the Bills are anywhere from 4th to 10th in league preseason power rankings. (The 10 is a guess with Acho having Buffalo as 7th in AFC behind Fins and Jets.

no mention at all about Josh and MVP in a sentence. We are basically good. That’s it.

I love this. Can’t wait.

- Josh is healthy. That elbow was more problematic.
                - James Cook will get the nod but as of now the RB room is much more talented than start of last year.
                - Sherrod , Harty, Rookie Shorter along with Shakir Davis and Diggs is a better WR group
                - Kincaid is a weapon and hopefully an opposing teams problem
                - the inside of the OLine got upgraded. The Irishman was a steal in The 2nd.

- DLine has serious competition. Prove it play from a few should be fun
                - full strength Hyde Poyer Tre. Elam came in second half
                - look for rotational LB play. Howard from the Rams is terrific in coverage.
                - love the LB draft pick… Williams. One word “Instincts”.
                - Dorsey is now less green
                - I like McD calling the D

sure no massive FA signings but the ones made seem like smart moves.

oh Von is coming back. Some here think old… dude had 8.5 sacks . Who else had that many in a shortened season?
                LOL

Comment

• swiper
                  Legendary Zoner
                  • Sep 2010

What you pay for and read is not what I’m talking about.

Cowherd has them 5. Joy Taylor, his former cohost, has a show. Emmanuel Acho had the Bills 7 th in the AFC some rando Vegas betting show had them at 5 in NFL.

this is a welcome precipitous plummet from last year.

Josh is either 2 or 3 in QB rank so something is giving everyone pause.

Pause away. I hated the preseason anointing.
                  LOL. Who cares? Who is Colin Cowherd? Answer: no one. No one knows how to take the Bills because of the changes that have occurred. They still have Allen so the sky is the limit. But if a Poyer or a Miller gets hurt again, poof.

Comment

• sukie
                    Seriously?
                    • Sep 2012

I’m not complaining about it . I was pointing out that no one his Buffalo a real shot . They have teams with bigger stories.

it’s refreshing without the pressure of expectations.

Comment

• Kenny
                      • Aug 2004

Originally posted by Mace View Post
                      The team peaked and became timid...reflecting McDermott...who has no "all in" drive whatever. Adequate has become the standard...and they assume it will work out.

This is not a championship team.
                      Defense was too timid, but I think the offense was too aggressive. Going for the homerun ball on consecutive downs when we were 2nd and short, and then again on 3rd and short. Plays that were too long to develop, etc...

Coaching and playcalling was as much of a factor in our crappy second half last season (basically starting in that second half vs. the Packers) as much as anything else.

Dorsey obviously needs to improve, taking the easy/high probability yards when there. And defense... just hoping McD can bring some of that magic he had when he was last DC. Frazier's crappy bend and dont break defense looks great against the non-playoff teams, but it's just free yards for teams with any above average QB.

Comment

• Night Train
                        Retired - On Several Levels
                        • Jul 2005

Originally posted by Mr. Pink View Post
                        Like Cleveland ?

" I wish we were Cleveland "
                        Anonymity is an abused privilege, abused most by people who mistake vitriol for wisdom and cynicism for wit

Comment

• Mr. Pink
                          Peterman Sucks!
                          • Mar 2006

Originally posted by Night Train View Post
                          Like Cleveland ?

" I wish we were Cleveland "
                          Cleveland also might need a change in coaching as well.

Stefanski makes some head scratching decisions at times.

We'll find out if Cleveland is now for real with a good offseason and Watson who shouldn't be rusty.

If Watson looks like he did last year, then it is likely time for wholesale changes, GM, Scouting, Coaching.

Comment

• notacon
                            • Aug 2012

Reading some of these sour puss posts (with incredibly lame suggestions on who to get rid and where “changes” need to be made) reminds me how ecstatic I am that the professionals running the Bills don’t listen to a word they say....nor should they.

Comment

• Mace
                              Haha...yeah you think so ?
                              • Mar 2013

Originally posted by notacon View Post
                              Reading some of these sour puss posts (with incredibly lame suggestions on who to get rid and where “changes” need to be made) reminds me how ecstatic I am that the professionals running the Bills don’t listen to a word they say....nor should they.
                              Yeah...the professionals have us rolling in conference and league titles to defer to their expertise. That Bengals game was encouraging that we're on the right path. Hello ?

Comment

• Chet
                                Allenhu Joshbar
                                • Feb 2017

Originally posted by notacon View Post
                                It’s really quite simple. Talented teams will always compete for the playoffs, especially when the talent disparity is so wide within their own division (other 3 AFCE teams have been mostly garbage since 2020). Come playoff time, just about every team is loaded with talent and the difference comes down to coaching and scheme.

Are you suggesting that coaching changes don’t/didn’t need to be made? If not, explain

Comment

Working...
                                X