• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Goobylal
    • Jan 2004

Re: Frazier gone but not forgotten???

Originally posted by jamze132 View Post
    I’m not denigrating him. He did an OK job. Don’t run from your argument…he quit or was fired. It’s really that simple and you’re doubling down on a stupid premise like you always do.
    I'm willing to say that McD felt there needed to be a change on defense and there was a mutual parting of the ways after Frazier was demoted. Whether it proves to have been the correct move remains to be seen. I find that far more palatable than believing he quit and left McD with no alternative but to call plays, which is far-fetched anyway since you can easily promote from within, at least.

Comment

• Mace
      Haha...yeah you think so ?
      • Mar 2013

Beane is straight up. Frazier will be back if he chooses...he took a leave...wasn't demoted or fired. I wish they booted him....they did not. Rest is conspiracy theory. Let it go....see what happens and go from there. It's common sense.
      Last edited by Mace; 07-01-2023, 06:56 PM.

Comment

• swiper
        Legendary Zoner
        • Sep 2010

Originally posted by Mace View Post
        Beane is straight up. Frazier will be back if he chooses...he took a leave...wasn't demoted or fired. I wish they booted him....they did not. Rest is conspiracy theory. Let it go....see what happens and go from there. It's common sense.
        A guy that takes a leave doesn't get to shop himself to three other teams as Frazier did. He was clearly fired. Beane, respectfully, told the public he was taking a leave. Period. Frazier not coming back. He and that Tony Dungy defense are passe.

Comment

• Goobylal
          • Jan 2004

Originally posted by swiper View Post
          A guy that takes a leave doesn't get to shop himself to three other teams as Frazier did. He was clearly fired. Beane, respectfully, told the public he was taking a leave. Period. Frazier not coming back. He and that Tony Dungy defense are passe.
          I have no doubt they'd take him back. But he wouldn't be calling plays. So he won't come back.

Comment

• notacon
            • Aug 2012

I’m not denigrating him. He did an OK job. Don’t run from your argument…he quit or was fired. It’s really that simple and you’re doubling down on a stupid premise like you always do.
            You still don’t understand because you don’t want to.

Frazier took a leave...a time out from coaching...a step back. He did not really “quit”, or that would have been what was expressed.

BUT, even if he DID “quit” (which he did not) the way to frame the narrative in a negative and denigrating way is to say he “quit on the team”.

IF he did quit, he quit his job, not “on the team”. There are huge differences. Again, I don't expect you to understand because your obsession with me overrides common sense and reality.

My premie is FAR from “stupid”. It’s spot on (from everything we know).

Comment

• notacon
              • Aug 2012

Originally posted by Goobylal View Post
              I have no doubt they'd take him back. But he wouldn't be calling plays. So he won't come back.
              More lame speculation that is ignorant (as in you have NO IDEA....NONE). Just another way to denigrate one of the best DC in the NFL.

Comment

• Goobylal
                • Jan 2004

Originally posted by notacon View Post

Frazier took a leave...a time out from coaching...a step back. He did not really “quit”, or that would have been what was expressed.

BUT, even if he DID “quit” (which he did not) the way to frame the narrative in a negative and denigrating way is to say he “quit on the team”.

IF he did quit, he quit his job, not “on the team”. There are huge differences. Again, I don't expect you to understand because your obsession with me overrides common sense and reality.

More lame speculation that is ignorant (as in you have NO IDEA....NONE). Just another way to denigrate one of the best DC in the NFL.
                Actions speak louder than words. McD taking over play-calling and not hiring/promoting someone to DC is all the idea I need.

Comment

• sukie
                  Seriously?
                  • Sep 2012

More lame speculation that is ignorant (as in you have NO IDEA....NONE). Just another way to denigrate one of the best former DCs in the NFL.
                  Fixed

Comment

• jamze132
                    Don’t hate…
                    • Jun 2003

Love how you’re creating some false narrative that I said he “quit on the team”. Classic naivecon.

Comment

• notacon
                      • Aug 2012

Love how you’re creating some false narrative that I said he “quit on the team”. Classic naivecon.
                      Lame.

It’s fairly clear that Gooby was the one that wrote the “quitting on the team” garbage. And then you had to stick your nose into it by YOU quoting my objection to the “quitting on the team” baloney which was an implicit support of that stupid assertion.

Classic jamze.

Comment

• notacon
                        • Aug 2012

Originally posted by Goobylal View Post
                        Actions speak louder than words. McD taking over play-calling and not hiring/promoting someone to DC is all the idea I need.
                        Except you FAIL in the time line, which does NOT support your speculation.

The facts are all I need that ALL support my assertion.

Comment

• Goobylal
                          • Jan 2004

Except you FAIL in the time line, which does NOT support your speculation.

The facts are all I need that ALL support my assertion.
                          What timeline?

Comment

• cas22
                            • Jul 2005

do any of you all really no what happened???? I mean really common sense wise.????

Comment

• Goobylal
                              • Jan 2004

Originally posted by cas22 View Post
                              do any of you all really no what happened???? I mean really common sense wise.????
                              No one knows for sure. I have a good idea what happened.

Comment

• jamze132
                                Don’t hate…
                                • Jun 2003

Lame.

It’s fairly clear that Gooby was the one that wrote the “quitting on the team” garbage. And then you had to stick your nose into it by YOU quoting my objection to the “quitting on the team” baloney which was an implicit support of that stupid assertion.

Classic jamze.
                                I mean you “quoted” me in your response so what is one supposed to believe? You’re good at creating false narratives and the entire board knows it.

Comment

Working...
                                X