Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

Thread: Frazier gone but not forgotten???

Thanks
    Thanked 11,698 Times in 7,758 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Re: Frazier gone but not forgotten???

Quote Originally Posted by Novacane View Post
    Pouting is when you're sad about something. Most of us see this is addition by subtraction! We're
    No. “Pouting” from some Bills “fans” is a childish expression of displeasure because they don’t get exactly what they want all the time....as in.....the Bills did not win a Super Bowl last year, () and did not do so, NOT because of the extremely well performing defense despite being hit with many incredibly destitute injuries, but because of the deficiencies of a sputtering mistake filled offense (which is the main reason we lost every game last year) but like a child want to place blame where it does not belongs.

Thanks
    Thanked 9,170 Times in 5,901 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by notacon View Post
    No. “Pouting” from some Bills “fans” is a childish expression of displeasure because they don’t get exactly what they want all the time....as in.....the Bills did not win a Super Bowl last year, () and did not do so, NOT because of the extremely well performing defense despite being hit with many incredibly destitute injuries, but because of the deficiencies of a sputtering mistake filled offense (which is the main reason we lost every game last year) but like a child want to place blame where it does not belongs.
    Just put “the offense was solely responsible for losing all the games and it wasn’t the fault of the greatest defense ever.” As your signature. Save yourself time. Enjoy life more. You are welcome.
    Last edited by sukie; 05-20-2023 at 01:31 PM.

Do you read what you write? Oaf's Avatar
    Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by bleve View Post
    13 seconds. I won't forget.
    You must've forgotten this was on McD, who called timeouts before both plays and was telling everyone what to do. Wallace also said a miscomm btw him and Poyer played a big role on the second play.

4. Post thanked by:

Mace (05-20-2023)

Thanks
    Thanked 7,576 Times in 6,134 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by sukie View Post
    Just put “the offense was solely responsible for losing all the games and it wasn’t the fault of the greatest defense ever.” As your signature. Save yourself time. Enjoy life more. You are welcome.
    yup!
    28**60**128**133**144**160**163**200**204**248

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Except I have never said that. Not even close. Especially the two concepts I bolded above. Which means your whole premise is simply bull****.

Why do you feel the need to misrepresent (read: lie) what I have written???

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by notacon View Post
    Except I have never said that. Not even close. Especially the two concepts I bolded above. Which means your whole premise is simply bull****.

Why do you feel the need to misrepresent (read: lie) what I have written???
    Just helping you get to the point quickly without volumes of word salad paragraphs and the misuse of the bold function.

8. Post thanked by:

Mace (05-21-2023)

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Especially last season, as I have been preaching for months with facts, the OFFENSE is what cost us every single loss and the OFFENSE is what was extremely frustrating....not the defense.

sorry I must have somehow misread the first bit

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Especially last season, as I have been preaching for months with facts, the OFFENSE is what cost us every single loss and the OFFENSE is what was extremely frustrating....not the defense.

sorry I must have somehow misread the first bit
    Jesus. It’s a comparison made in context that so much of the scuttle butt around here is ****ting on the defense. Yes, the offense cost us every single loss in comparison to the defense.

That is an undeniable truth. Do I really have to write that every single time because you don’t have the capacity to understand???

What is really dishonest is your premise that I have EVER said “...the greatest defense ever”.

You know you are engaging in
    hyperbole. How silly.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Nope. the signature suggestion would do that for you giving you more time to manscape and loofah.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

He sucks
    Jeremy Cupp

13. Post thanked by:

Mace (05-21-2023)

Thanks
    Thanked 1,948 Times in 1,276 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Anyone remember Josh Allens first game? LAC, bills played extremely soft coverage the first half, MCD took over playcalling duties and we immediately went into the crowded prowl defense with different blitz variations. We continued that most of the following season also

The last couple years weve seen Fraziers defense creep in more and more to the point where we dont see the crowded defense much at all, except for the playoffs

athe last 3 playoff games weve given up 31, 27, 42 points

KC where they scored 24 points the next week

And with Miamis 3rd string QB where he was throwing to wide open receivers the whole game.

Weve been living for years off of dominating bad QBs. Weve had good wins vs Mahomes during the regular season, but aside from him, weve seen this team be completely un prepared for QBs like Zach Wilson, Skylar Thompson, Kirk Cousins, Jared Goff

Weve also completely struggled vs the run late in seasons the last couple years. I dont think McD and Frazier saw eye to eye, because they both run completely opposite defenses

Look up Allens first game, the first half was Fraziers defense, second half is McDermotts. That will show all you need to know about their philosophies
    Not here to be right, just here to have interesting discussions about my impulsive opinions

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

If this is true then Frazier was our Biennemy. Won’t be missed and didn’t do anything of significance.

I don’t buy it. Did McD develop pussified D schemes in NC?
    Winning post, and not really arguable

Thanks
    Thanked 10,254 Times in 6,469 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

If this is true then Frazier was our Biennemy. Won’t be missed and didn’t do anything of significance.

I don’t buy it. Did McD develop pussified D schemes in NC?
    Yeah.

McD's last year in Carolina as DC? 26th in points allowed, 21st in yards allowed. He was a DC for 8 years prior to coming here...4 of those years his teams were near the bottom of the league in points allowed. 2 of those 8 years his defenses were really good however. The other two meh.

In case you didn't know that McD wasn't exactly great overall as a DC...

https://www.pro-football-reference.c...es/McDeSe0.htm

17. Post thanked by:

sukie (05-22-2023)

Thanks
    Thanked 11,470 Times in 7,087 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Pink View Post
    It's amazing the hatred some have for Frazier or how the blame on everything is placed squarely at his feet.

Maybe this year will be eye opening to some of you.

This has always been McDermott's defense.
    The lack of aggressive playcalling on gameday was Fraziers. The D under Frazier was good for regular season games. Come playoffs it wasn't good enough vs. elite teams especially KC. Some changes needed to be made and maybe Frazier didnt like them.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Nope. the signature suggestion would do that for you giving you more time to manscape and loofah.
    Sorry...I don’t do “signatures” nor do I even allow any of those to show up in my settings.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by Cali512 View Post
    Anyone remember Josh Allens first game? LAC, bills played extremely soft coverage the first half, MCD took over playcalling duties and we immediately went into the crowded prowl defense with different blitz variations. We continued that most of the following season also

The last couple years weve seen Fraziers defense creep in more and more to the point where we dont see the crowded defense much at all, except for the playoffs

athe last 3 playoff games weve given up 31, 27, 42 points

KC where they scored 24 points the next week

And with Miamis 3rd string QB where he was throwing to wide open receivers the whole game.

Weve been living for years off of dominating bad QBs. Weve had good wins vs Mahomes during the regular season, but aside from him, weve seen this team be completely un prepared for QBs like Zach Wilson, Skylar Thompson, Kirk Cousins, Jared Goff

Weve also completely struggled vs the run late in seasons the last couple years. I dont think McD and Frazier saw eye to eye, because they both run completely opposite defenses

Look up Allens first game, the first half was Fraziers defense, second half is McDermotts. That will show all you need to know about their philosophies
    I don’t buy the cherry picking canard of “the last 3 playoff games weve [sic] given up 31, 27, 42 points“.

In 2022 playoffs the Bills allowed an average of 29 PTS/G. KC allowed 25 PTS/G.

But that was not the real difference.

In 2022 playoffs the Bills scored only 22 PTS/G. KC…29.2 PTS/G

Philly – 34.7 PTS/G.

The 2021 loss to KC in OT was an anomaly. Defenses did not really matter for most of that game, in particular, at the end of the 4th quarter and in OY. Does anyone believe that if the Bills got the coin toss they would have not won that game??!?!

Of course not. It was a track meet.

How many points a team allows, in and of itself, is irrelevant. What really matters is they score more than they allow….funny this should even have to be mentioned because it is the bedrock reality in all of sports.

If one team in the last three playoff games allows only 17, 10 & 14 points, but they score only 14, 7 & 13 respectively, what the hell does that matter?!?!? Of course…NOTHING.

Last year, the Bills failure to score more than 10 points against Cincy is why they lost. I have pointed out this fact many times, unfortunately some just don’t want to accept the glaring reality….

For the playoffs, since Since 2000 (including 2022) there have been 46 teams that have scored 10 or less points (excluding Super Bowls). Their record??

0-46

The last time a team scored 10 or less points in a playoff game and won??

1997. PITT 7 – NE 6.

The Super Bowl is even MORE stark….in ALL 56 Super Bowls, one ream has scored 10 or less points SIXTEEN times. Their record????...If you are paying attention you guessed it…..

0-16.

Is NE proud that in 1997 they held Pittsburgh to only 7 points??? Well….since they scored only 6, who gives a ****???

Retired - On Several Levels Night Train's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 14,240 Times in 7,618 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Beane is the reason he's leaving.

He runs this team and spent 2 1st rounders and 2 2nd rounders on DL he wishes to see play better. The "bend don't win" idea didn't work. Obviously told McDermott he needs to change the scheme or else.

I like my narrative over the others.
    Anonymity is an abused privilege, abused most by people who mistake vitriol for wisdom and cynicism for wit

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

He stepped away intsead of being fired simple to head off the headline “Down goes Frazier”.

chew on THAT narrative.

23. Post thanked by:

Night Train (05-23-2023)

Thanks
    Thanked 5,943 Times in 3,495 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by Night Train View Post
    Beane is the reason he's leaving.

He runs this team and spent 2 1st rounders and 2 2nd rounders on DL he wishes to see play better. The "bend don't win" idea didn't work. Obviously told McDermott he needs to change the scheme or else.

I like my narrative over the others.
    I would be very surprised if McDermott does not have final say on his staff written into his contract. Or else what? He's fired? I don't think so. The lack of production from the D line picks is not on Frazier, that makes no sense. Those guys have been disappointing all on thier own. But we will see.

Thanks
    Thanked 7,576 Times in 6,134 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

The 10 yards off the line when it’s 3rd and 5 or less was maddening. 10 seconds which is actually correct due to the kick, was when his career in Buffalo should have ended. Bend don’t break is bend don’t win. Pleasant man but that won’t even get you a side of blue cheese.
    download-1.jpg