• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Typ0
    honey pie
    • Jul 2002

Re: Frazier gone but not forgotten???

Originally posted by notacon View Post
    Except there is zero evidence to back that up.

If the Bills "hired Holcomb to replace Frazier”, then Holcomb would have replaced Frazier.

He did not.

More evidence that that is a specious and ignorant (as in you do not know, and are making a declarative statement with nothing more than speculation and conjecture) statement is that four months after Frazier decided to take a year off, ERIC WASHINGTON was elevated to assistant head coach....the position that Frazier held.

If, like Gooby opines..."There is no need to for senior defensive assistants” there is alos no need for an assistant head coach.

Washington was also given the title of “senior defensive assistant” MONTHS after Frazier decided to take a break from coaching and in addition to hiring Al Holcomb with the exact same title.

Neither of them has been named defensive coordinator....which shows your assumption is not accurate.

They redesigned some roles and hired Holcomb with the $$$ allocated to Fraziers position. Basically, they hired Holcomb to replace Frazier then put McDermott in the Coordinator position ... but they will then offload components of the job to Holcomb [and/or just outright name him the coordinator before the season starts].

[this is the only pontification]

What proof do you need? You seem to be the only on in disagreement as this is what OBD has presented to the public.
    Last edited by Typ0; 07-11-2023, 01:50 PM.

Comment

• Goobylal
      • Jan 2004

Originally posted by Typ0 View Post
      They redesigned some roles and hired Holcomb with the $$$ allocated to Fraziers position. Basically, they hired Holcomb to replace Frazier then put McDermott in the Coordinator position ... but they will then offload components of the job to Holcomb [and/or just outright name him the coordinator before the season starts].

What proof do you need? You seem to be the only on in disagreement as this is what OBD has presented to the public.
      I agree they're farming-out Frazier's position (McD gets play-calling, Washington gets assistant head coach and Holcomb gets everything else). But I doubt they'll name Holcomb DC since he won't be calling plays.

And it appears to me that soon after the season was over, McD told Frazier he would no longer be calling the plays but he was welcome to stay on board. Whether McD told him or anyone else he would be doing it himself I don't know for sure, but I suspect that was his plan all along.

Comment

• notacon
        • Aug 2012

Originally posted by Typ0 View Post

I guess you can make up any story you want.

To believe that "they hired Holcomb to replace Frazier then put McDermott in the Coordinator position” you have to believe that Beane and McDermott AND Frazier all lied and lied and lied.

I don’t buy it. The timeline makes zero sense. If they hired "Holcomb to replace Frazier” then they would have replaced Frazier with Holcomb. They did NOT do that.

Your speculation and conjecture is not backed up at all with the facts that we do know. None.

Comment

• sukie
          Seriously?
          • Sep 2012

Originally posted by Goobylal View Post
          I agree they're farming-out Frazier's position (McD gets play-calling, Washington gets assistant head coach and Holcomb gets everything else). But I doubt they'll name Holcomb DC since he won't be calling plays.

And it appears to me that soon after the season was over, McD told Frazier he would no longer be calling the plays but he was welcome to stay on board. Whether McD told him or anyone else he would be doing it himself I don't know for sure, but I suspect that was his plan all along.
          Doesn’t Andy Reid call all the plays?

Comment

• Goobylal
            • Jan 2004

Originally posted by sukie View Post
            Not sure.

Comment

• swiper
              Legendary Zoner
              • Sep 2010

Originally posted by sukie
              Originally posted by Goobylal View Post
              Not sure.
              Bieniemy clearly has demonstrated play-calling abilities throughout the past two seasons in Kansas City, even though Reid is the primary play caller.
              LINK

Comment

• YardRat
                Well, lookie here...
                • Dec 2004

Originally posted by notacon View Post
                I guess you can make up any story you want.

To believe that "they hired Holcomb to replace Frazier then put McDermott in the Coordinator position” you have to believe that Beane and McDermott AND Frazier all lied and lied and lied.
                They aren't revealing the truth.

I don’t buy it. The timeline makes zero sense. If they hired "Holcomb to replace Frazier” then they would have replaced Frazier with Holcomb. They did NOT do that.

Your speculation and conjecture is not backed up at all with the facts that we do know. None.
                The timeline makes complete sense if part of the motivation is to secure draft picks when (if) Frazier does land a job elsewhere.
                YardRat Wall of Fame
                #56 DARRYL TALLEY
                #29 DERRICK BURROUGHS#22 FRED JACKSON #95 KYLE WILLIAMS

Comment

• swiper
                  Legendary Zoner
                  • Sep 2010

Deniers gonna deny.

Comment

• jamze132
                    Don’t hate…
                    • Jun 2003

We’ll according to Naivecon the only reason Bienimy wasn’t calling the plays is because he’s black.

Comment

• notacon
                      • Aug 2012

Originally posted by jamze132 View Post
                      We’ll according to Naivecon the only reason Bienimy wasn’t calling the plays is because he’s black.
                      Except I did not say that!!!

Why do you feel the need to misrepresent what I write and make **** up out of thin air????

Comment

• notacon
                        • Aug 2012

Originally posted by YardRat View Post
                        They aren't revealing the truth.
                        So, they are lying. Jesus.

Feeling the need to smear good men just to support some lame made up theory reflects more abut YOUR character than theirs.

Comment

• sukie
                          Seriously?
                          • Sep 2012

Obfuscating isn’t lying.

Comment

• notacon
                            • Aug 2012

Obfuscating isn’t lying.
                            Except they are not being accused of “obfuscating”. They are being accused of outright, blatant lying.

In any event, they did not “obfuscate” either. That is simply a distinction without any difference.

My position stands....Feeling the need to smear good men just to support some lame made up theory reflects more abut YOUR character than theirs.

Comment

• sukie
                              Seriously?
                              • Sep 2012

Obfuscating is making the truth unclear.

Comment

• Goobylal
                                • Jan 2004

Remove the "we haven't decided on play-calling," which may have been a true statement, they didn't lie if McD told Frazier that he was going to lose play-calling duties and Frazier left as a result.

Comment

Working...
                                X