Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 41011121314

Thread: Frazier gone but not forgotten???

Thanks
    Thanked 13,409 Times in 9,123 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Re: Frazier gone but not forgotten???

Quote Originally Posted by sukie
    Doesn’t Andy Reid call all the plays?
    Quote Originally Posted by Goobylal View Post
    Not sure.
    Bieniemy clearly has demonstrated play-calling abilities throughout the past two seasons in Kansas City, even though Reid is the primary play caller.
    LINK

2. Post thanked by:

Goobylal (07-12-2023)

Thanks
    Thanked 30,558 Times in 17,442 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by notacon View Post
    I guess you can make up any story you want.

To believe that "they hired Holcomb to replace Frazier then put McDermott in the Coordinator position” you have to believe that Beane and McDermott AND Frazier all lied and lied and lied.
    They aren't revealing the truth.

I don’t buy it. The timeline makes zero sense. If they hired "Holcomb to replace Frazier” then they would have replaced Frazier with Holcomb. They did NOT do that.

Your speculation and conjecture is not backed up at all with the facts that we do know. None.
    The timeline makes complete sense if part of the motivation is to secure draft picks when (if) Frazier does land a job elsewhere.
    YardRat Wall of Fame
    #56 DARRYL TALLEY
    #29 DERRICK BURROUGHS#22 FRED JACKSON #95 KYLE WILLIAMS

Thanks
    Thanked 13,409 Times in 9,123 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Deniers gonna deny.

Thanks
    Thanked 5,853 Times in 3,502 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by sukie View Post
    Doesn’t Andy Reid call all the plays?
    We’ll according to Naivecon the only reason Bienimy wasn’t calling the plays is because he’s black.

Thanks
    Thanked 11,697 Times in 7,757 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by jamze132 View Post
    We’ll according to Naivecon the only reason Bienimy wasn’t calling the plays is because he’s black.
    Except I did not say that!!!

Why do you feel the need to misrepresent what I write and make **** up out of thin air????

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by YardRat View Post
    They aren't revealing the truth.
    So, they are lying. Jesus.

Feeling the need to smear good men just to support some lame made up theory reflects more abut YOUR character than theirs.

Thanks
    Thanked 9,170 Times in 5,901 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Obfuscating isn’t lying.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by sukie View Post
    Obfuscating isn’t lying.
    Except they are not being accused of “obfuscating”. They are being accused of outright, blatant lying.

In any event, they did not “obfuscate” either. That is simply a distinction without any difference.

My position stands....Feeling the need to smear good men just to support some lame made up theory reflects more abut YOUR character than theirs.

Thanks
    Thanked 9,170 Times in 5,901 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Obfuscating is making the truth unclear.

11. Post thanked by:

swiper (07-12-2023)

Thanks
    Thanked 5,092 Times in 3,572 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Remove the "we haven't decided on play-calling," which may have been a true statement, they didn't lie if McD told Frazier that he was going to lose play-calling duties and Frazier left as a result.

Thanks
    Thanked 5,853 Times in 3,502 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by notacon View Post
    Except I did not say that!!!

Why do you feel the need to misrepresent what I write and make **** up out of thin air????
    Oh come on, you were alluding to it by bringing race into the argument.

Registered User kscdogbillsfan1221's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,899 Times in 2,082 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

holy crap. the games can't begin soon enough.
    i stopped coming to the site for 3 days and we are still knee deep talking about a defensive coordinator who everyone but notacon thinks got fired. Damn. lol
    I came.
    I saw.
    I conquered.

Thanks
    Thanked 5,092 Times in 3,572 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by kscdogbillsfan1221 View Post
    holy crap. the games can't begin soon enough.
    i stopped coming to the site for 3 days and we are still knee deep talking about a defensive coordinator who everyone but notacon thinks got fired. Damn. lol
    Yup. I do it because I'm bored.

In any case, something needed to be done and however it happened, I wanted to see McD or at least someone else call the plays. We'll see if it was a mistake.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by jamze132 View Post
    Oh come on, you were alluding to it by bringing race into the argument.
    You don’t understand English very much do you???

There is a WHOLE different thing to say that "only reason Bienimy wasn’t calling the plays is because he’s black.” and "alluding to it by bringing race into the argument.”

"Only” has a specific meaning...and you are misrepresenting what I said because you don’t have a good argument.

Alluding” also has a very specific meaning, and is in no way the same as using the word “only”.

In any event, it is not ME that is “bringing race” into the “augment” about the dearth of Black heads coaches in the NFL...it is a FACT...that has been a very prominent point of discussion all aver the league for YEARS now.

Are you not paying attention?????

Interestingly, The Athletic just today published a story by Jim Trotter about this very fact today….in relation to what is going on in the XFL, who’s president is Russ Brandon that has worked for both the Buffalo Bills and Buffalo Sabers and Doug Whaley Senior VP of player personnel for the XFL who also worked for the Bills as GM, have been making inroads where the NFL has failed.

Trotter: The NFL says it wants diversity in coaching; the XFL is actually doing it

With training camp roughly a month away, Anthony Blevins was getting things in order this summer for his sixth consecutive season with the New York Giants. He had just purchased a one-way ticket to New Jersey from his offseason home in the Dallas area and was reviewing the schedule and his responsibilities as the assistant special teams coach. Then, out of the blue, he received an email from Marc Ross, executive vice president of football operations for the XFL.

The second-year league was seeking to fill its vacant head-coach position with the Vegas Vipers, and Ross wanted to know if Blevins had interest in interviewing for the job. The inquiry caught Blevins off guard because there was no forewarning. He knew Ross casually and had spoken to him briefly at the NFL Scouting Combine earlier in the year, but the possibility of being a head coach in the league never came up.

“I was kind of thinking to myself that it could be a token deal,” recalls Blevins, revealing the scar tissue from past experiences. He had spoken with at least seven NFL teams over the last few years about a coordinator position on special teams but walked away feeling some clubs were just going through the motions and checking the box that calls for them to interview a diverse candidate.

He decided to pursue the Vipers job not only because he had a genuine interest in the position, but also because he and many other Black coaches believe they do not have the luxury or privilege to decline interviews. With only the weekend to prepare, he participated in a virtual call with Ross and Doug Whaley, the senior vice president of personnel for the XFL. That was followed by another round of interviews with Dany Garcia, chairwoman and owner of the XFL; Russ Brandon, the league president; and Brian Westbrook, the Vipers’ director of player engagement.

“I wasn’t looking for anything or thinking about anything other than training camp at the time,” Blevins says. “I was just trying to get up there to New York and win some games. Then this happens. It’s really crazy how it came about. I’m excited about the opportunity. The XFL gives me the chance to show what I can do, to show I can lead men.”

Let that last sentence marinate for a moment: The XFL gives me the chance to show what I can do, to show I can lead men. That’s a damning indictment of the NFL, where, sadly, Black coaches continue to struggle to find the same opportunities. This will mark the fifth consecutive year that the country’s most popular professional sports league will open a season with only three coaches who identify as Black.

It’s truly shameful that Blevins and other minority coaches feel they have to continue the pursuit of their dreams elsewhere because most NFL owners have not shown they will have a legitimate opportunity to climb the professional ladder. The NFL likes to say diversity, equity and inclusion are core principles of the league, but that precept has yet to trickle down to the field, where capable and qualified minorities are consistently passed over for White counterparts with lesser experience and weaker resumes.

More….

Mr. Trotter mentions some undeniable facts….

Brandon Staley can have only one year of coordinator experience in the NFL and be five years removed from working as an assistant at a small college yet still get the head-coaching job with the Los Angeles Chargers, but Reggie Barlow, a former NFL player, can have winning records as a head coach at Alabama State and Virginia State, be named XFL Coach of the Year in 2023, and still not get a sniff from an NFL team — for any job.

….snip….

Bieniemy spent the past five seasons as offensive coordinator of the Kansas City Chiefs, who went to three of the past four Super Bowls and won two titles. And yet despite working closely with quarterback Patrick Mahomes, who won league and Super Bowl MVPs during that time, Bieniemy was consistently passed over for head-coach jobs.

Some attributed it to him not calling offensive plays, which was specious considering neither of his two predecessors in Kansas City (Matt Nagy and Doug Pederson) called plays but still got top jobs. Others said he didn’t interview well, although no one involved has ever confirmed that or identified just what that means. Lastly, there was the belief that he needed to separate himself from Andy Reid, who casts a long and wide shadow as one of the league’s top coaches.

More...

Saying that the ONLY reason that Eric Bieniemy has not landed a head coaching job after a stellar career and resume is because he is Black is not necessarily true…and I never said that.

But, to deny that his skin color has had a very large effect, is simply ignoring reailty.

Especially when considering that other coaches, who are White, with MUCH thinner resumes and accomplishments HAVE gotten head coaching jobs.

You want to bury your head in the sand, that’s your business.

A lot of White guys (not necessarily you....although I DO recognize that I have benefited from White privilege my whole life and have never had the same negative experiences as any Black man....many that I have worked with in the past have shared their personal experience with me....it certainly opened my eyes!!!), who have benefited from White privilege their whole lives like to ignore the elephant in the room.