Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Josh Allen Has a New DETERMINATION

Thanks
    Thanked 7,595 Times in 6,150 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Josh Allen Has a New DETERMINATION

“I just think Josh taking his game to another level really means being a great decision-maker,” McDermott said. “We’ve talked about before this offseason — and it’s been talked about — adjusting his style of play enough to keep himself healthy and to play smarter at times as well.
    “And then I just think the overall approach to the game, I’ve seen a different Josh this offseason. Not that it was bad before, but he’s got a new sense of focus, I would say, and determination — which is good.”
    The Bills have won the AFC East in each of the last three seasons. But after losing in the conference championship game in 2020, the club fell in the divisional round in 2021 and 2022.
    McDermott said he didn’t want to go into examples of how he’s seen Allen step up, saying it’s still early.
    “We’ll see today in terms of what carries over onto the field specifically,” McDermott said. “But I just think, again, his involvement in the offense, his feedback, his communication — it’s always been there. But I think even more involved approach in the offense and his dealings with coach [Ken] Dorsey and their communication and everything. So, I think that can only be good for the situation.”

Sean McDermott- Josh Allen has a new sense of focus, determination - ProFootballTalk
    33*60*95*128*141*144*160*163*204*221

Thanks
    Thanked 26,306 Times in 13,732 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Re: Josh Allen Has a New DETERMINATION

This is at least the third consecutive offseason where we’ve heard about how Josh has had some monumental change in his mentality. Whatever.

The reg season results are there. The playoff results are not. I’ll believe it when I see it.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,415 Times in 1,505 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

A little different every year. First 3, more of a proving I belong type of things. Last 2 getting into winning champions (not generic playing to win champions kind of thing). This year, I get the what I can do to win a superbowl vibe from Josh. That’s why I said before the maturity I sense. “Everything I do for a championship “ from his talk, which may include things like if my girlfriend is a distraction then she’s gone.

Thanks
    Thanked 26,306 Times in 13,732 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by ghz in pittsburgh View Post
    A little different every year. First 3, more of a proving I belong type of things. Last 2 getting into winning champions (not generic playing to win champions kind of thing). This year, I get the what I can do to win a superbowl vibe from Josh. That’s why I said before the maturity I sense. “Everything I do for a championship “ from his talk, which may include things like if my girlfriend is a distraction then she’s gone.
    I remember being young and having girlfriends be a total distraction. Understanding that relationships are a distraction is step 1 toward maturity. But, women will always be a potential distraction, especially to a young, rich, famous athlete. Real maturity is to be able to be in a relationship and not have it distract from other goals.

And, fwiw, Mahomes’ wife is the very definition of distraction, and he’s only a year older than Josh. But, Mahomes has 2 rings. So, it’s time to put hood shut up.

Unreachable Douche
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,915 Times in 4,368 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by OpIv37 View Post

And, fwiw, Mahomes’ wife is the very definition of distraction, and he’s only a year older than Josh. But, Mahomes has 2 rings. So, it’s time to put hood shut up.
    Different teams. Josh would have 3 rings right now if he played for KC and Mahomes would be run out of Buffalo.

Thanks
    Thanked 13,409 Times in 9,123 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by TacklingDummy View Post
    Different teams. Josh would have 3 rings right now if he played for KC and Mahomes would be run out of Buffalo.
    You've got to be kidding.

Unreachable Douche
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,915 Times in 4,368 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by swiper View Post
    You've got to be kidding.
    Prove me wrong. You can’t.

Flip teams, you really think Pat Mahomes would be good as he is if he was drafted by Buffalo? He would be a slightly better JP.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,415 Times in 1,505 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

I may offend some people, especially ladies here. But a serious girlfriend and some casual dating is vastly different. The latter is simply having fun for both parties, going out on a night etc. The former? I think most of us here have been there and know what it is like …

Thanks
    Thanked 30,564 Times in 17,446 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

If true, it's where he should have been last year at this time. Also, if the rumors are true that he skipped training with Palmer this off-season, I can't see that as a positive and certainly isn't an indication of 'determination' or 'focus'.
    YardRat Wall of Fame
    #56 DARRYL TALLEY
    #29 DERRICK BURROUGHS#22 FRED JACKSON #95 KYLE WILLIAMS

10. Post thanked by:

imbondz (05-23-2023)

Thanks
    Thanked 5,855 Times in 3,504 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

He did a lot of golfing this off-season…maybe he was referring to his swing.

Retired - On Several Levels Night Train's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 14,240 Times in 7,618 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

He's here throwing the ball to his new receivers this week.

That's not a narrative.
    Anonymity is an abused privilege, abused most by people who mistake vitriol for wisdom and cynicism for wit

13. Post thanked by:

Jeff1220 (05-24-2023)

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Wake me when he has a new coach to pair with that new determination

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

I love football

Thanks
    Thanked 18,367 Times in 8,980 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Josh Allen is an elite QB.

We have the wrong target in our crosshairs if we're suggesting he's the scapegoat for our playoff woes.

We have a Marvin Lewis clone coaching our team, and there's a legitimate conversation to be had about whether or not he's the guy to get us over the hump.

Great regular season coach. Lacks the true steel in when the stakes are high in the playoffs.

Successful head coaches are almost exclusively offensive minded guys nowadays.
    Disclaimer: The sentiment expressed in this post is strictly for entertainment purposes only.

Thanks
    Thanked 11,700 Times in 7,760 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by OpIv37 View Post
    This is at least the third consecutive offseason where we’ve heard about how Josh has had some monumental change in his mentality. Whatever.

The reg season results are there. The playoff results are not. I’ll believe it when I see it.
    We should make a new emoji for you and all the other Negative Nancy’s....

Thanks
    Thanked 11,700 Times in 7,760 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by TacklingDummy View Post
    I don’t buy that for a second. It’s more likely that if the QB’s were reversed the Bills would have one or two SB rings with Mahomes and KC would not with Josh Allen.

MAHOMES is the difference, not Andy Reid. Same with NE....TOM BRADY was the difference, NOT Bill Belichick.

As I accurately pointed out the undeniable facts....

Why were KC and NE the only AFC teams to get multiple trips to the AFC Championship game (the past seven years)???

The knee jerk reaction is "coaching and scheme”. But that’s not really that accurate at ALL.

The MAIN factor is the combination of coaching and QB!!!!! And, in fact, the QB is the main reason.

In NE, Belichik is considered the best HC in history....but ONLY when he had Tom Brady as QB. He lost Brady, and what happened??? NE is for ****. Only make one playoff in three seasons. And they did not really deserve the one appearance with the Bills totally embarrassing them with the worst playoff loss in Belichick's career.

Brady goes to TB, the year before with Arians as HC they have a dismal 7-9 record. Do a little better in 2020 with a 11-5 record but BRADY is the reason they went on and won the SB.

Next two years even with Brady...no more playoff success since Brady is, after all old as dirt.

In KC, Andy Reid is there for five years...all with a very good QB in Alex Smith. Can't sniff a conference championship much less a Super Bowl.

Then Patrick Mahomes comes along and POOF, they are going to the conference championship every one of his five years as starter wining there AFCC and two Super Bowls.

Yeah....all it took was the GOAT Brady to make the “coaching” look so great. And in KC, it only took the BEST QB in the NFL today, to make Reid look like a genius.

The FACT is that Josh Allen is NOT at the level of Mahomes (yet).
    He’s just not there yet. He is elite, but not elite enough to get out of his own way.

19. Post thanked by:

ghz in pittsburgh (05-24-2023)

Thanks
    Thanked 9,181 Times in 5,911 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Load of crap posted above.

NE loses Tom Brady and KC having Allen being the same thing shows potential plaque buildup in the hippocampus. Get checked out.

Comparing Andy Reid to BB… Reid is an offensive guy and a really good one, as long as his QB can extend plays he will coach to make him successful especially in the plays where he doesn’t need to extend. Josh is the second best at extending plays and Reid would have won with Josh.

KCs coaching staff is top notch. Mahomes would be killed behind the line Josh played behind. Mahomes has guts and improv like no other. But what was written above is concerning.

2020-2023 AFC East Champions! Historian's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 28,306 Times in 15,453 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Thanks
    Thanked 12,419 Times in 7,289 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Any claim that his ex GF may have caused him to not be his best is absolutely 100% garbage. I dare you morons to go tell your wife she holds you back. Omg the stupidity posted here sometimes is unreal.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by Novacane View Post
    Any claim that his ex GF may have caused him to not be his best is absolutely 100% garbage. I dare you morons to go tell your wife she holds you back. Omg the stupidity posted here sometimes is unreal.
    Who in their right mind would tell their wife that, regardless of whether it’s true? Some relationships are toxic or at the very least, distracting. We don’t know how it affected him either way, but to say with 100% certainty that it didn’t is pretty stupid