• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Woodman
    Legendary Zoner
    • Apr 2014

Josh Allen Has a New DETERMINATION

“I just think Josh taking his game to another level really means being a great decision-maker,” McDermott said. “We’ve talked about before this offseason — and it’s been talked about — adjusting his style of play enough to keep himself healthy and to play smarter at times as well.
    “And then I just think the overall approach to the game, I’ve seen a different Josh this offseason. Not that it was bad before, but he’s got a new sense of focus, I would say, and determination — which is good.”
    The Bills have won the AFC East in each of the last three seasons. But after losing in the conference championship game in 2020, the club fell in the divisional round in 2021 and 2022.
    McDermott said he didn’t want to go into examples of how he’s seen Allen step up, saying it’s still early.
    “We’ll see today in terms of what carries over onto the field specifically,” McDermott said. “But I just think, again, his involvement in the offense, his feedback, his communication — it’s always been there. But I think even more involved approach in the offense and his dealings with coach [Ken] Dorsey and their communication and everything. So, I think that can only be good for the situation.”

Sean McDermott- Josh Allen has a new sense of focus, determination - ProFootballTalk

“It breaks your heart when someone leaves and you don’t know why.”

"It may be raining but there's a rainbow above you"

Former President Donald Trump early Thursday touted the results of a new NPR/PBSNewsHour/Marist poll showing him ahead of President Joe Biden by 8 percentage points among independents.
  • OpIv37
    Acid Douching Asswipe
    • Sep 2002

Re: Josh Allen Has a New DETERMINATION

This is at least the third consecutive offseason where we’ve heard about how Josh has had some monumental change in his mentality. Whatever.

The reg season results are there. The playoff results are not. I’ll believe it when I see it.
    MiKiDo Facebook
    MiKiDo Website

Comment

• ghz in pittsburgh
      • Aug 2004

A little different every year. First 3, more of a proving I belong type of things. Last 2 getting into winning champions (not generic playing to win champions kind of thing). This year, I get the what I can do to win a superbowl vibe from Josh. That’s why I said before the maturity I sense. “Everything I do for a championship “ from his talk, which may include things like if my girlfriend is a distraction then she’s gone.

Comment

• OpIv37
        Acid Douching Asswipe
        • Sep 2002

Originally posted by ghz in pittsburgh View Post
        A little different every year. First 3, more of a proving I belong type of things. Last 2 getting into winning champions (not generic playing to win champions kind of thing). This year, I get the what I can do to win a superbowl vibe from Josh. That’s why I said before the maturity I sense. “Everything I do for a championship “ from his talk, which may include things like if my girlfriend is a distraction then she’s gone.
        I remember being young and having girlfriends be a total distraction. Understanding that relationships are a distraction is step 1 toward maturity. But, women will always be a potential distraction, especially to a young, rich, famous athlete. Real maturity is to be able to be in a relationship and not have it distract from other goals.

And, fwiw, Mahomes’ wife is the very definition of distraction, and he’s only a year older than Josh. But, Mahomes has 2 rings. So, it’s time to put hood shut up.
        MiKiDo Facebook
        MiKiDo Website

Comment

• TacklingDummy
          Unreachable Douche
          • Jul 2002

Originally posted by OpIv37 View Post

And, fwiw, Mahomes’ wife is the very definition of distraction, and he’s only a year older than Josh. But, Mahomes has 2 rings. So, it’s time to put hood shut up.
          Different teams. Josh would have 3 rings right now if he played for KC and Mahomes would be run out of Buffalo.

Comment

• swiper
            • Sep 2010

Originally posted by TacklingDummy View Post
            Different teams. Josh would have 3 rings right now if he played for KC and Mahomes would be run out of Buffalo.
            You've got to be kidding.

Comment

• TacklingDummy
              Unreachable Douche
              • Jul 2002

Originally posted by swiper View Post
              You've got to be kidding.
              Prove me wrong. You can’t.

Flip teams, you really think Pat Mahomes would be good as he is if he was drafted by Buffalo? He would be a slightly better JP.

Comment

• ghz in pittsburgh
                • Aug 2004

I may offend some people, especially ladies here. But a serious girlfriend and some casual dating is vastly different. The latter is simply having fun for both parties, going out on a night etc. The former? I think most of us here have been there and know what it is like …

Comment

• YardRat
                  Well, lookie here...
                  • Dec 2004

If true, it's where he should have been last year at this time. Also, if the rumors are true that he skipped training with Palmer this off-season, I can't see that as a positive and certainly isn't an indication of 'determination' or 'focus'.
                  YardRat Wall of Fame
                  #56 DARRYL TALLEY
                  #29 DERRICK BURROUGHS#22 FRED JACKSON #95 KYLE WILLIAMS

Comment

• jamze132
                    • Jun 2003

He did a lot of golfing this off-season…maybe he was referring to his swing.

Comment

• Night Train
                      Retired - On Several Levels
                      • Jul 2005

He's here throwing the ball to his new receivers this week.

That's not a narrative.
                      Anonymity is an abused privilege, abused most by people who mistake vitriol for wisdom and cynicism for wit

Comment

• Chet
                        Allenhu Joshbar
                        • Feb 2017

Wake me when he has a new coach to pair with that new determination

Comment

• GreedoII
                          • Aug 2007

I love football

Comment

• JoeMama
                            Emotion Sickness
                            • Oct 2002

Josh Allen is an elite QB.

We have the wrong target in our crosshairs if we're suggesting he's the scapegoat for our playoff woes.

We have a Marvin Lewis clone coaching our team, and there's a legitimate conversation to be had about whether or not he's the guy to get us over the hump.

Great regular season coach. Lacks the true steel in when the stakes are high in the playoffs.

Successful head coaches are almost exclusively offensive minded guys nowadays.
                            Disclaimer: The sentiment expressed in this post is strictly for entertainment purposes only.

Comment

• notacon
                              • Aug 2012

Originally posted by OpIv37 View Post
                              This is at least the third consecutive offseason where we’ve heard about how Josh has had some monumental change in his mentality. Whatever.

The reg season results are there. The playoff results are not. I’ll believe it when I see it.
                              We should make a new emoji for you and all the other Negative Nancy’s....

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              😀
                              😂
                              🥰
                              😘
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😞
                              😡
                              👍