• Show
Clear All
  • DraftBoy
    Administrator
    • Jul 2002

Re: D Hop released

Originally posted by notacon View Post
    Your opinion stinks.

A “Super Bowl window” is simply a period of time when a team has a reasonable chance of getting to and winning a Super Bowl.

The Bills are well within that “window” and will probably be well within that window for the next 10 years or so....maybe longer, depending on the health of Josh Allen.

The idea that getting into the playoffs year after year is "sounds like a participation trophy fans made up to make themselves feel better about failure to make the Super Bowl” is pathetically uninformed and silly.

Repeatedly making the playoffs in the NFL is a special achievement. 78% of the NFL teams have NOT made the playoffs just TWO consecutive years.

NINETY percent of the NFL teams have NOT made the playoffs three years in a row. NINETY THREE percent of the team in the NFL have NOT made the playoffs 4 years in a row. Here are the current longest playoff streaks in the NFL...

A “participation trophy” is one where ALL participants gets an award. Getting into the playoffs several years in a row is RARE in the NFL.

You want to **** on the Bills rare achievement???....that’s your business. What it shows is what kind of “fan” you are.
    Nobody cares unless it ends with a Lombardi. I have zero issue being a fan whose expectation is to win a title, that is the goal after all.
    COMING SOON...
    Originally posted by Dr.Lecter
    We were both drunk and Hillary did not look that bad at 2 AM, I swear!!!!!!

Comment

• Chet
      Allenhu Joshbar
      • Feb 2017

Testify DB, Testify!

Some fans are so battered from the drought that they’re content to squabble for playoff scraps

Comment

• mightysimi
        Buckle me in on the highway of sin
        • Mar 2010

As we point to the Pats, remember they went a full decade without winning 2005-2015. They made the superbowl twice in that span but didn't win so to me it doesn't count. I don't think anyone here would be happy to get to the superbowl and lose again. Every year you fail to win, is a failure to accomplish everyone's stated goal of hoisting the Lombardi.

To me that is more the window can close and re-open providing the same level of QB is there. Not that the window is closed.

That in itself is a fairly funny concept there as we are essentially only down Edmunds from last year when we were the superbowl darlings and hopefully better on the Oline and in the slot. So essentially the same team now has a closed window?

Comment

• Forward_Lateral
          • Mar 2004

Originally posted by DraftBoy View Post
          What does making the playoffs by itself actually accomplish?
          So you'd rather them suck than make the playoffs but not win a Superbowl?

OK.

Comment

• Woodman
            Legendary Zoner
            • Apr 2014

What does making the playoffs by itself actually accomplish?
            Gives you a chance to be World Champion.

Can't do it any other way I know of.

“It breaks your heart when someone leaves and you don’t know why.”

"It may be raining but there's a rainbow above you"

Former President Donald Trump early Thursday touted the results of a new NPR/PBSNewsHour/Marist poll showing him ahead of President Joe Biden by 8 percentage points among independents.

Comment

• DraftBoy
              Administrator
              • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Forward_Lateral View Post
              So you'd rather them suck than make the playoffs but not win a Superbowl?

OK.
              Doesn’t matter if they don’t win the whole thing. Unless you take some enjoyment out of participating, simply getting to the playoffs doesn’t mean anything.
              COMING SOON...

Comment

• Forward_Lateral
                • Mar 2004

Doesn’t matter if they don’t win the whole thing. Unless you take some enjoyment out of participating, simply getting to the playoffs doesn’t mean anything.
                Cool story

Comment

• swiper
                  • Sep 2010

Sure it does.

Comment

• ghz in pittsburgh
                    • Aug 2004

Originally posted by notacon View Post

In today’s NFL, I’d say 65% offense and 35% defense.

I don't want to get into extended argument here. Just say that we have different opinions. I'm more of a traditionalist who consider it is 50-50 between offense and defense, in other words, they are equally important.

Comment

• DraftBoy
                      Administrator
                      • Jul 2002

Originally posted by swiper View Post
                      Sure it does.
                      Based on?
                      COMING SOON...

Comment

• Skooby
                        Skoobasaurus-Rex
                        • Oct 2011

Defense head coach calling defensive plays, what can go wrong ?

Comment

• Bill Cody
                          • Sep 2004

Based on?
                          So if nothing matters except a title with 32 teams you should average a Super Bowl win every 32 years. Some teams have done better than that, others worse. But logically as a fan of any team if the only reason to watch the games is the trophy that's a lot of time wasted for nothing.

I think Bills fans perhaps more than just about any other fan base wants to win a title very badly. Granted. But we also watch the games to be entertained. They're GAMES. So based on THAT also. If you haven't enjoyed the last several years more than the fallow wasteland that preceded it you're not really a fan of the game or you're not being honest or both.

Comment

• Night Train
                            Retired - On Several Levels
                            • Jul 2005

You drone on in many threads about only one winner in any sport and every other team is a loser. Awesome.

Your sports fan life must be extremely frustrating, unless you freeley jump on front running bandwagons to mend the wounds.

I get what my sports team are. I have zero control over it and keep it in perspective without thin skin. Life is good and goes on.
                            Anonymity is an abused privilege, abused most by people who mistake vitriol for wisdom and cynicism for wit

Comment

• swiper
                              • Sep 2010

Based on?
                              It was already explained to you.

Comment

• Forward_Lateral
                                • Mar 2004

Originally posted by Night Train View Post
                                You drone on in many threads about only one winner in any sport and every other team is a loser. Awesome.

Your sports fan life must be extremely frustrating, unless you freeley jump on front running bandwagons to mend the wounds.

I get what my sports team are. I have zero control over it and keep it in perspective without thin skin. Life is good and goes on.
                                This. I would much rather watch a team that wins most of the weeks I watch, and if they lose in the playoffs, oh well. AT least I was entertained for the entire winter, and not miserable every week watching a turd show

Comment

Working...
                                X