• Show
Clear All
  • Lexwhat
    • Feb 2005

Re: D Hop released

Originally posted by Chet View Post
    It depends on how he prioritizes the big 3:

1. Money - not sure, but I think Ravens have the advantage there
    2. Touches - Although he would instantly be the undisputed #1 on BAL, he’d be playing with the weakest of the 3 QBs. He would also probably be the #1 wideout on KC, but likely second in receiving targets to Kelce. On Buffalo, his floor would be the #2.
    3. Winning - KC all the way. Chiefs went 17-3 last year with the Burger King B shift at WR. Mahomes is the game’s best winner, Reid is the best and most creative offensive mind, etc.

Buffalo can only best the competition (as they currently stand) in “maybe” touches, but Diggs would have to be all-in on the recruiting pitch and I’m having a hard time seeing that. Hope I’m wrong
    I can't argue about the money, but the Chiefs and Bills are similar in that regard. In the end, it just comes down to how Beane or Veach want to structure the contracts in the short and long term. But yes, Baltimore is in the best shape there.

Agree that KC offers a better chance of a Super Bowl ring than Buffalo. In fact, I would even say the Eagles (who would also be in the mix) probably offer him a better chance than Buffalo for a Ring.

I also feel that a trade might have happened on Draft day if Kincaid wasn't available. Beane made the right move there, but now he has the opportunity to snag both.

The one factor we can't overlook is Von Miller... I am convinced that the combination of Josh Allen and Von Miller is enough to make Hopkins sign. If I was betting, I would say the Bills have the best chance to sign DHop, and would go out on a limb to say it will happen.

Call me crazy... but if I was Josh Allen, I would consider taking a small pay reduction to help bring in Hopkins. It would be a very Tom Brady thing to do.
    Last edited by Lexwhat; 05-26-2023, 01:32 PM.

Comment

• Novacane
      • Jul 2002

22 mil cap hit for the Cards. They're shooting for the #1 pick.

Comment

• Chet
        Allenhu Joshbar
        • Feb 2017

Originally posted by Lexwhat View Post
        I can't argue about the money, but the Chiefs and Bills are similar in that regard. In the end, it just comes down to how Beane or Veach want to structure the contracts in the short and long term. But yes, Baltimore is in the best shape there.

Agree that KC offers a better chance of a Super Bowl ring than Buffalo. In fact, I would even say the Eagles (who would also be in the mix) probably offer him a better chance than Buffalo for a Ring.

I also feel that a trade might have happened on Draft day if Kincaid wasn't available. Beane made the right move there, but now he has the opportunity to snag both.

The one factor we can't overlook is Von Miller... I am convinced that the combination of Josh Allen and Von Miller is enough to make Hopkins sign. If I was betting, I would say the Bills have the best chance to sign DHop, and would go out on a limb to say it will happen.

Call me crazy... but if I was Josh Allen, I would consider taking a small pay reduction to help bring in Hopkins. It would be a very Tom Brady thing to do.
        I still think Diggs has to be in the recruiting triumvirate for the pitch to be successful, and if sukie is right above then hopefully that’s not an issue.

You ain’t lying about Philly either. There is **** all in the NFC right now so that’s a 6-lane highway to the NFCCG at worst

Comment

• ghz in pittsburgh
          • Aug 2004

Eagles gave AJ Brown a $100 million 4 year extension, similar to Bills to Diggs. Style wise, AJ Brown is very similar to Hopkins whereas Diggs' game is very different from Hopkins.

Comment

• Forward_Lateral
            • Mar 2004

Wow. Why would Arizona take such a hit??

Comment

• Chet
              Allenhu Joshbar
              • Feb 2017

Arizona is not the smartest franchise. They just gave a petulant child with **** work ethic the keys to the city

Comment

• ghz in pittsburgh
                • Aug 2004

So money is still the big thing? I like the comment that no team believe he is what he was

Comment

• ghz in pittsburgh
                  • Aug 2004

If he wants money? Baltimore can give the most. If he wants to go to superbowl? KC/Phily are the best bets. If he wants stats so he can cash in next year? Buffalo passes the ball all the time. If he wants sunny weather? San Diego.

Comment

• Woodman
                    Legendary Zoner
                    • Apr 2014

images.jpg

28 **60 **128 **133 **144 **160
                    163 **189 **200 **204 **248

Comment

• Night Train
                      Retired - On Several Levels
                      • Jul 2005

He soon to be 31 and had a 6 game PED suspension last year, correct ? Wow, that's elevating his brand with me.

So get rid of Harty, Sherfield, Davis , PS Shorter or get rid of him too. Shakir sits again.

I thought they were going 12 personnel with the recent top draft pick, meaning only 2 standard outside WR's on the field. ?

Didn't they already redo a lot of deals ? How much more cap issues can they kick down the road ? He's not signing for peanuts.

Legit questions without blinders.
                      Anonymity is an abused privilege, abused most by people who mistake vitriol for wisdom and cynicism for wit

Comment

• Woodman
                        Legendary Zoner
                        • Apr 2014

Nothing to worry about at all.

Comment

• sukie
                          • Sep 2012

Originally posted by Forward_Lateral View Post
                          Wow. Why would Arizona take such a hit??
                          I can’t figure that one out either.

Comment

• mightysimi
                            Buckle me in on the highway of sin
                            • Mar 2010

Originally posted by sukie View Post
                            I can’t figure that one out either.
                            Lost year anyways with their QB on the shelf for part of it. Pair that with one of the worst rosters in the league and you get a tanking team. Might as well take the cap hit when you will be crappy anyways so you can spend when you aren't. Plus they are set for a top 3 pick on their own and get one from the Texans. Might as well go all in on the rebuild.

Comment

• Woodman
                              Legendary Zoner
                              • Apr 2014

Originally posted by mightysimi View Post
                              Lost year anyways with their QB on the shelf for part of it. Pair that with one of the worst rosters in the league and you get a tanking team. Might as well take the cap hit when you will be crappy anyways so you can spend when you aren't. Plus they are set for a top 3 pick on their own and get one from the Texans. Might as well go all in on the rebuild.
                              Clear the decks!!!!

Comment

• Turf
                                • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Novacane View Post
                                22 mil cap hit for the Cards. They're shooting for the #1 pick.
                                Would it had been the same if they kept him? Does he get paid 22 million this year by the Cards?
                                Lou Saban: You can get it done, you can get it done. And what’s more, you’ve gotta get it done.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                😂
                                🥰
                                😘
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😞
                                😡
                                👍