• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • DraftBoy
    Administrator
    • Jul 2002

Re: D Hop released

Originally posted by Canadian'eh! View Post
    I mean... I think Kincaid's targets depend a lot on how he plays and earns more targets. Josh will throw somewhere around 600 times. If you make plays, you'll see the ball. But if he gets 60 or so as a rookie (unless he's lighting it up) that's great (Knox and McKenzie each had 65 last year)
    I think 30ish is pretty realistic for a #2 TE who is a rookie.
    COMING SOON...
    Originally posted by Dr.Lecter
    We were both drunk and Hillary did not look that bad at 2 AM, I swear!!!!!!

Comment

• notacon
      • Aug 2012

Originally posted by DraftBoy View Post
      There is absolutely nothing that you write that is a sure thing. Don’t fool yourself.
      Same back at you.

Comment

• Mace
        Haha...yeah you think so ?
        • Mar 2013

Window is closing, nobody cares about sustained success if you never actually win anything. I’m fine with a desperation move at this point.
        Agree....but Beane is still talking about sustained success.

I just don't believe 8 games of Hopkins at this stage of his career adds imminent success or helps down the road. This is 2023 Hopkins not 2019 Hopkins.

Comment

• DraftBoy
          Administrator
          • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Mace View Post

I just don't believe 8 games of Hopkins at this stage of his career adds imminent success or helps down the road. This is 2023 Hopkins not 2019 Hopkins.
          Beane talks but nobody but the most committed of fans actually believe him. Most just know he's just talking to talk. Part of the job.
          COMING SOON...

Comment

• Canadian'eh!
            • Mar 2004

Originally posted by Mace View Post

Other than the PED suspension, Hopkins was healthy last year. No reason to think he’d miss games. His numbers were still good. Better than anyone we have besides Diggs. If they can afford him, he makes the team better.

Comment

• swiper
              • Sep 2010

It’s completely unrealistic and untrue to think any team has a window that lasts a QB’s entire career.
              That depends how you define a window. But I disagree on this point. As long as the QB is healthy.

As stated above, this fanboy false worry "the window is closing" is purely silly.
              Last edited by swiper; 05-29-2023, 04:35 AM.

Comment

• jamze132
                • Jun 2003

It’s completely unrealistic and untrue to think any team has a window that lasts a QB’s entire career.
                How many Super Bowls did the Patriots win? I’d say they had a pretty big window.
                Last edited by jamze132; 05-29-2023, 05:51 AM.

Comment

• DraftBoy
                  Administrator
                  • Jul 2002

Originally posted by jamze132 View Post
                  How many Super Bowls did the Patriots win? I’d say they had a pretty big window.
                  Is Allen a once in a generation QB?
                  COMING SOON...

Comment

• Forward_Lateral
                    • Mar 2004

Is Allen a once in a generation QB?
                    You know that can't be answered yet.

But, you make a good point. The only QB since probably Montana, that whatever team he's on had a legit shot at winning a Championship is Brady. Rodgers won MVP on a couple of not so great teams, but those teams also didn't win anything, so who cares?

There's a huge difference between playoff window and Superbowl window. Is the SB window closed for the Bills? Hell no. Will it be open as long as Josh is QB? TBD. I would be happy with one superbowl, to be honest, and I'd rather it come within the next couple of years.

- - - Updated - - -

Originally posted by jamze132 View Post
                    They had the greatest QB of all time, and the best roster management in the history of the NFL, and they got away with cheating on several occasions.

Comment

• DraftBoy
                      Administrator
                      • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Forward_Lateral View Post
                      You know that can't be answered yet.

But, you make a good point. The only QB since probably Montana, that whatever team he's on had a legit shot at winning a Championship is Brady. Rodgers won MVP on a couple of not so great teams, but those teams also didn't win anything, so who cares?

There's a huge difference between playoff window and Superbowl window. Is the SB window closed for the Bills? Hell no. Will it be open as long as Josh is QB? TBD. I would be happy with one superbowl, to be honest, and I'd rather it come within the next couple of years.

- - - Updated - - -

They had the greatest QB of all time, and the best roster management in the history of the NFL, and they got away with cheating on several occasions.
                      I think we’re a lot closer to knowing that answer than any of us would like to admit.

Also what the hell is a playoff window? That sounds like a participation trophy fans made up to make themselves feel better about failure to make the Super Bowl.
                      COMING SOON...

Comment

• ghz in pittsburgh
                        • Aug 2004

Defense wins championships. I know people will point to the Chiefs and say not the case, but I think over the history of NFL playoffs, it is still the case. Even with the Chiefs and Mahomes, you can say their defense stepped up in 2nd half of both of their superbowl victories.

Brady and Belichick winning that many championship is perfect example. Almost none of Brady's superbowl wins are on the virtual of non-stop scoring. Rather, it is Belichick's defense that met up the challenge WHEN it was really needed. With a GOAT QB, given enough tries, he'll find a way to get it done.

I somehow hope and expect the Bills to follow the same path. But we are obviously not close. The bent-but-don't-break defense works well over a course of regular season, but in the playoffs, when there is crying need to get a stop, they alway fails. Allen, on the other hand, is not yet on the same level as Mahomes/Brady, who can CONSISTENTLY provide an answer on critical moments.

As a rising superstar QB, I like Alen recongizing and taking on the challenge of getting to that vert top tier. The D though, we don't have that superstar, HOF-nominee guy in his prime. Can't you imagine the Chiefs winning both superbowls without Chris Jones? The Pats had Richard Seymour, Vrable, and a bunch secondary guys in their time.

Comment

• Forward_Lateral
                          • Mar 2004

I think we’re a lot closer to knowing that answer than any of us would like to admit.

Also what the hell is a playoff window? That sounds like a participation trophy fans made up to make themselves feel better about failure to make the Super Bowl.
                          A team that makes the playoffs instead of losing 10 games every year?

Comment

• notacon
                            • Aug 2012

Originally posted by ghz in pittsburgh View Post
                            Defense wins championships. I know people will point to the Chiefs and say not the case, but I think over the history of NFL playoffs, it is still the case. Even with the Chiefs and Mahomes, you can say their defense stepped up in 2nd half of both of their superbowl victories.

Brady and Belichick winning that many championship is perfect example. Almost none of Brady's superbowl wins are on the virtual of non-stop scoring. Rather, it is Belichick's defense that met up the challenge WHEN it was really needed. With a GOAT QB, given enough tries, he'll find a way to get it done.

I somehow hope and expect the Bills to follow the same path. But we are obviously not close. The bent-but-don't-break defense works well over a course of regular season, but in the playoffs, when there is crying need to get a stop, they alway fails. Allen, on the other hand, is not yet on the same level as Mahomes/Brady, who can CONSISTENTLY provide an answer on critical moments.

As a rising superstar QB, I like Alen recongizing and taking on the challenge of getting to that vert top tier. The D though, we don't have that superstar, HOF-nominee guy in his prime. Can't you imagine the Chiefs winning both superbowls without Chris Jones? The Pats had Richard Seymour, Vrable, and a bunch secondary guys in their time.
                            I don’t buy that axiom in today’s game.

Not saying that defense is not important. Of course it is. But when an offense fails to score, is that more because of the lack of performance of the offense or directly because of the defense???

I’d say, more than not, it’s the lack of performance of the offense. That was certainly the case for every one of the Bills four losses last season.

Every. Single. One.

To answer your question...."Can't you imagine the Chiefs winning both superbowls without Chris Jones? ABSOLUTELY YES, I CAN image that.

The more pertinent question is "
                            Can you imagine the Chiefs winning both Super Bowls without Patrick Mahomes”??? And the answer is an unequivocally absolutely 100% sure No. NO! NO, NO NO!!!

The same goes with
                            "Can you imagine the Pats winning as many Super Bowls as they did without Tom Brady”??? Same answer.....an unequivocally absolutely 100% sure No. NO! NO, NO NO!!!

When Josh Allen plays more mistake free football, like Mahomes does, the Bills will win a Super Bowl. He just has not.....yet.

That is not dissing Allen either. I belive he is the second bast QB in the NFL today. Hand in hand with Joe Burrow, with Hurts just a hair below those two. But, Mahomes is simply better. He just is.

Yes, there are individual defensive plays that are critical to success in the playoffs....my premise is that the emphasis has slowly but surely
                            shifted from defense to offense.

Plus the statement that "
                            Defense wins championships.” is a rather silly, in and of itself as it is an overgeneralization and simplification of a very complex sport, that depends on all three phases of the game (defense, offense and special teams) operating at as close to peak efficiency as possible) It’s just just as it is silly to proclaim that “Offense wins championships."

Offenses that perform at an extremely high level are almost impossible to stop by any defense. That’s the way the NFL wants it, and the rules have been changed to make that probable if not expected.

In today’s NFL, I’d say 65% offense and 35% defense.

Comment

• notacon
                              • Aug 2012

Your opinion stinks.

A “Super Bowl window” is simply a period of time when a team has a reasonable chance of getting to and winning a Super Bowl.

The Bills are well within that “window” and will probably be well within that window for the next 10 years or so....maybe longer, depending on the health of Josh Allen.

The idea that getting into the playoffs year after year is "sounds like a participation trophy fans made up to make themselves feel better about failure to make the Super Bowl” is pathetically uninformed and silly.

Repeatedly making the playoffs in the NFL is a special achievement. 78% of the NFL teams have NOT made the playoffs just TWO consecutive years.

NINETY percent of the NFL teams have NOT made the playoffs three years in a row. NINETY THREE percent of the team in the NFL have NOT made the playoffs 4 years in a row. Here are the current longest playoff streaks in the NFL...

A “participation trophy” is one where ALL participants gets an award. Getting into the playoffs several years in a row is RARE in the NFL.

You want to **** on the Bills rare achievement???....that’s your business. What it shows is what kind of “fan” you are.

Comment

• DraftBoy
                                Administrator
                                • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Forward_Lateral View Post
                                A team that makes the playoffs instead of losing 10 games every year?
                                What does making the playoffs by itself actually accomplish?
                                Last edited by DraftBoy; 05-29-2023, 01:08 PM.
                                COMING SOON...

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                😂
                                🥰
                                😘
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😞
                                😡
                                👍