Thread: Ryan Johnson signs with the Sabres

Thanks
    Thanked 13,409 Times in 9,123 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Ryan Johnson signs with the Sabres

Hurray! Big win for Kevyn Adams. This is the defensive youngster that was threatening to go to free agency. This is a big signing for Adams. Good job.

Johnson forgoes free agency to sign with the Sabres

Johnson was the 31st overall pick in 2019.
    Buffalo, NY (WGR 550) – The Buffalo Sabres have signed 2019 first-round pick Ryan Johnson to a two-year entry-level contract. The Minnesota Gophers defenseman could have become an unrestricted free agent in August, but that rarely happens.

Johnson was the first-round pick acquired in the Ryan O’Reilly deal. He was the final pick of the first round because the St. Louis Blues had just won the Stanley Cup.

Johnson, who turns 22 in July, played four seasons with Minnesota scoring nine goals and 50 assists for 59 points in 143 games. In 40 games this season, Johnson had four goals and 14 assists for 18 points.

After Development Camp last season, Johnson thought long and hard about signing then, but he decided he wanted to go back to Minnesota and try to win a national championship. The Gophers lost to Quinnipiac in overtime. The Bobcats captain, Zach Metsa is now a teammate with the Amerks.

In camp Johnson said he loves this organization and talked about his decision to sign or go back for his senior season, “Buffalo is a great organization. Right now, I’m just evaluating the camp and the staff, and just taking some time too, because it’s a really tough decision for me. I want to make sure I’m doing it with confidence.”

Johnson also played for Team USA in the 2021 World Junior Championship picking up a goal and three assists for four points in seven games.

Johnson will report to the Rochester Americans who play Game 3 of the AHL Eastern Conference Final on Saturday. The best-of-seven-series is tied 1-1.
    Last edited by swiper; 05-27-2023 at 08:59 AM.

Thanks
    Thanked 13,409 Times in 9,123 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Re: Ryan Johnson signs with the Sabres

Thanks
    Thanked 16,431 Times in 11,989 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Re: Ryan Johnson signs with the Sabres

**** yes
    Flag of Ukraine.svg