Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Von Miller: I feel like I’ll be ready to go Week 1

Thanks
    Thanked 7,571 Times in 6,130 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Von Miller: I feel like I’ll be ready to go Week 1

Von Miller- I feel like I'll be ready to go Week 1 - ProFootballTalk

Bills pass rusher Von Miller recently guaranteed that he’ll play by Week Six at the latest, but it might be earlier than that.
    Miller says that based on how he feels right now, he expects to play on Monday, September 11, when the Bills open their season at the Jets.
    28**60**128**133**144**160**163**200**204**248

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Re: Von Miller: I feel like I’ll be ready to go Week 1

“You know I love guarantees,’’ Miller told Mike Klis of 9 News in Denver. “It’s me, it’s Von. I love guarantees. I want to play. In 2013, I had [ACL] surgery in January and I played at the beginning of August in the preseason. So that put me around seven months, eight months.
    “And 10 years removed from that, 2023, I have a whole new outlook. I know exactly where I’m supposed to be at two months, four months, six months and in the position where I’m at now, I feel great, I feel comfortable. I feel like I’ll be ready to go at the start of the season.
    “But at the same time, I trust our GM, I trust our athletic trainers, I trust our team, our owners. Whenever it’s time for the me to play, I’ll be ready to go. I want to be ready week 1 versus the Jets. Aaron Rodgers, Monday Night Football.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,407 Times in 1,497 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

I doubt starting game 1. But I expect him to be able to come back sooner than Tre's case. The main reason is Von did not have a full tear. Remember it was initially diagnosed as just a MCL, out two weeks. Then they decided to go surgery and it was there it was discovered some tear of ACL.

4. Post thanked by:

notacon (06-03-2023)

Thanks
    Thanked 26,296 Times in 13,726 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

In Sept, we play the Jets, Raiders and Commies. Should be 2-1 at worst. I’d rather have a on in January than Sept.

Ease him back.

6. Post thanked by:

Mad Bomber (06-02-2023),YardRat (06-02-2023)

Retired - On Several Levels Night Train's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 14,240 Times in 7,618 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Just place him next to the window... since it's closing.

Don't want to pinch his knuckles.
    Anonymity is an abused privilege, abused most by people who mistake vitriol for wisdom and cynicism for wit

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

When he's ready ..... prefer it's at 100%.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by Night Train View Post
    Just place him next to the window... since it's closing.

Don't want to pinch his knuckles.
    Window is closed. All the teams we are competing with are getting better. We are stagnant cuz of the cap situation. 2020? We weren’t there yet. 2021 should have been our year but Frazier blew it with 13 seconds. 2022? Maybe if the Hamlin thing didn’t happen, but probably not. The Bills had zero answers for Cincy.

Now, at the very least, Cincy and KC are ahead of us in the AFC, maybe Miami if Tua stays healthy. In the Div, Bills are still better than the Jets and NE but they won’t be pushovers, and both teams have potential to take at least one from us.

And, if by some miracle, we get out of the AFC, Philly or Dallas will be tough.

There’s no easy path to a SB win. That’s kinda the point. But it’s hard to imagine a situation where the Bills get an easier path than what they had in 2021 and 2022 during Josh’s career, and they failed to get it done in either of those situations. There’s no reason to believe they will get it done in a tougher situation.

Thanks
    Thanked 9,168 Times in 5,900 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by OpIv37 View Post
    Window is closed. All the teams we are competing with are getting better. We are stagnant cuz of the cap situation. 2020? We weren’t there yet. 2021 should have been our year but Frazier blew it with 13 seconds. 2022? Maybe if the Hamlin thing didn’t happen, but probably not. The Bills had zero answers for Cincy.

Now, at the very least, Cincy and KC are ahead of us in the AFC, maybe Miami if Tua stays healthy. In the Div, Bills are still better than the Jets and NE but they won’t be pushovers, and both teams have potential to take at least one from us.

There’s no easy path to a SB win. That’s kinda the point. But it’s hard to imagine a situation where the Bills get an easier path than what they had in 2021 and 2022 during Josh’s career, and they failed to get it done in either of those situations. There’s no reason to believe they will get it done in a tougher situation.
    You feel outside the draft there is no improvement? None of the D additions are improvements ? The 37 new WR signed… same as McKenzie starting? No improvement top to bottom in the RB room? Reaalllly? Nothing? They did win quite a few games last year even with all the injuries and on field dying and such… Reallllllly? Hyde being back and Rapp being picked up for depth. Poonah in the house… we have a RB over 5’11”… Really? Frazier is gone… sitting home counting to 13 over and over with chronic OCD… no improvement? Josh has a new doo, Elbow, and GF… nothing?
    Last edited by sukie; 06-02-2023 at 10:27 PM.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by sukie View Post
    You feel outside the draft there is no improvement? None of the D additions are improvements ? The 37 new WR signed… same as McKenzie starting? No improvement top to bottom in the RB room? Reaalllly? Nothing? They did win quite a few games last year even with all the injuries and on field dying and such… Reallllllly? Hyde being back and Rapp being picked up for depth. Poonah in the house… we have a RB over 5’11”… Really? Frazier is gone… sitting home counting to 13 over and over with chronic OCD… no improvement? Josh has a new doo, Elbow, and GF… nothing?
    Uhhh, what D improvements? Frazier was overrated, but as Bills fans, we know better than anyone that “different” doesn’t necessarily mean “better”. We’ve signed journeyman WR’s before… it helped for a hot minute but didn’t lead to sustained success. Hyde’s back for now, but who knows how effective he will be. White never regained the same effectiveness, and even if Hyde recovers fully, someone else will likely get injured. The 2021 injury luck will never recur.

Josh’s elbow? Maybe, but his playing style means he will likely be injured again. And even if that doesn’t happen, the main problem with the O is that it lacks talent. Josh is spectacular, but instead of building around him, the Bills have just allowed him to be the whole thing. And now, their options for improvement are limited due to the cap situation. This season could be a huge setback, and it’s looking more and more likely that Josh could join Jim Kelly as an amazing individual player who fails ro ever win a title.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Poona ford improves the Line. Started for Seattle last 4 seasons. Only 27.
    Taylor Rapp was a great pickup. We were lacking in Safeties.
    having White, Hyde back from day 1 is an improvement.

all we lost is an athletic freak who stat wise is not horrible.

WR room got better. The nast few signing I would agree are journeymen, tall journeymen. But Harty- Sherefield are improvements over McK, an the dude that was a Jet… name escapes me cuz he was on IR. Oh yeah. Crowder.

RB room improved.

Adding McGovern to the Oline has to be more than a lateral move.

13. Post thanked by:

Mad Bomber (06-03-2023),notacon (06-03-2023)

Thanks
    Thanked 5,852 Times in 3,501 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

We’re a better team now than we were last year. We’ll win 12-14 games and the division.

15. Post thanked by:

Historian (06-17-2023),notacon (06-03-2023)

Thanks
    Thanked 11,696 Times in 7,756 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by OpIv37 View Post

What almost total BALONEY!!

Why in the world do you even consider yourself a Bills “fan”?!?!?

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Poona ford improves the Line. Started for Seattle last 4 seasons. Only 27.
    Taylor Rapp was a great pickup. We were lacking in Safeties.
    having White, Hyde back from day 1 is an improvement.

all we lost is an athletic freak who stat wise is not horrible.

WR room got better. The nast few signing I would agree are journeymen, tall journeymen. But Harty- Sherefield are improvements over McK, an the dude that was a Jet… name escapes me cuz he was on IR. Oh yeah. Crowder.

RB room improved.

Adding McGovern to the Oline has to be more than a lateral move.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by jamze132 View Post
    We’re a better team now than we were last year. We’ll win 12-14 games and the division.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,793 Times in 1,206 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

I agree some windows have closed...but other windows have opened too. Unfortunately, OP is correct a couple of big windows have closed and that is going to have impact on success.

Frazier is gone but McDermott is taking over? How can you really know if this is good or bad considering all the gaslighting they do?

Thanks
    Thanked 11,696 Times in 7,756 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Von Miller is not the person who decides when he he will play.

We’ll know a lot more right before training camp starts by virtue of him being placed on the PUP list (or not), which has to be done at that time.

The next event will be if they (and make no mistake, that decision is ALL on Bills management and not the player) decide to place him in injured reserve (if they declined to put him on PUP).

21. Post thanked by:

sukie (06-14-2023)

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

All professional players are always ready to go, want the ball, not ready to quit.

23. Post thanked by:

notacon (06-14-2023)

2020-2023 AFC East Champions! Historian's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 28,289 Times in 15,440 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Frazier is gone… sitting home counting to 13 over and over with chronic OCD

2020-2023 AFC East Champions! Historian's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 28,289 Times in 15,440 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

It's a talent-laden American conference for sure.....but the Bills got better too.

They are still the team to beat in the East.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by Historian View Post
    It's a talent-laden American conference for sure.....but the Bills got better too.

They are still the team to beat in the East.
    Cowherd has Fins winning East. Let’s hope that ages poorly… by week 11