Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Leslie Frazier visits with Packers, Commanders, Giants

Thanks
    Thanked 1,786 Times in 1,200 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Re: Leslie Frazier visits with Packers, Commanders, Giants

Quote Originally Posted by Historian View Post
    Why can't they just be honest about this stuff?
    Because they value gaslighting and manipulation more than integrity and growth?

2. Post thanked by:

Historian (06-07-2023)

Thanks
    Thanked 9,084 Times in 5,849 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by Cali512 View Post
    I think thats only for HCs

Which this is honestly the most racist rule the nfl has ever implemented

"Hey since we dont think yall are smart enough to impress the owners, well give your team draft picks to push you harder for the job"

The whole rule is a joke tbh
    No it’s for coordinators who take the same position or HC gig on another team.

Thanks
    Thanked 13,409 Times in 9,123 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by sukie View Post
    All those teams have coordinators and head coaches. He would take a positional job or an advisory role for this season.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,948 Times in 1,276 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by sukie View Post

Shows how dumb the nfl thinks black coaches are that thy have to incentivize their previous team to get them a job

These rules wouldve been great in the 90s, maybe early 2000s, but now, it feels more racist to give team's incentives to give minority coaches "more praise" because thats literally all they can do

If you were a minority, doesnt it feel worse to think that the reason you got a promotion then your team glorified you to another team, just to get draft picks?

Most of these rules are deep down racist still, its basically telling white coaches "your better than these black coaches so we need your help to get them jobs because they arent smart enough "
    Not here to be right, just here to have interesting discussions about my impulsive opinions

Thanks
    Thanked 9,084 Times in 5,849 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by swiper View Post
    All those teams have coordinators and head coaches. He would take a positional job or an advisory role for this season.
    Shut up fool.

Thanks
    Thanked 5,214 Times in 3,683 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

His 10 yard pad on 3rd & shorts in the playoffs got him canned, glad we cut bait.

8. Post thanked by:

Mad Bomber (06-07-2023),swiper (06-06-2023)

Haha...yeah you think so ? Mace's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 16,471 Times in 9,175 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

He's not a desirable young hc candidate with a dynamic philosophy. He's trying to spruce himself up for a last shot at leading a program by demonstrating desire and flexibility. He needed to step away to do this. He's too mild and passive to get turbocharged now....but leave him his attempt and be satisfied he's not our hc because I sure wouldn't hire him here if McD disappeared despite my concerns about McD.

The pro Frazier people should be honest. You want someone else to hire him.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by Mace View Post
    He's not a desirable young hc candidate with a dynamic philosophy. He's trying to spruce himself up for a last shot at leading a program by demonstrating desire and flexibility. He needed to step away to do this. He's too mild and passive to get turbocharged now....but leave him his attempt and be satisfied he's not our hc because I sure wouldn't hire him here if McD disappeared despite my concerns about McD.

The pro Frazier people should be honest. You want someone else to hire him.
    Which means his contract with the Bills was terminated. He was fired.

Thanks
    Thanked 5,070 Times in 3,555 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

I must have been in a trance when reading this thread originally, as it proves the "stepping away" was a cover for leaving because he was being demoted by the Bills. And again McD taking over play-calling shows that was the plan because otherwise he would have hired a/promoted someone to DC. I still think they would take him back, but again, not as a play-caller.

Thanks
    Thanked 11,636 Times in 7,706 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by Goobylal View Post
    I must have been in a trance when reading this thread originally, as it proves the "stepping away" was a cover for leaving because he was being demoted by the Bills. And again McD taking over play-calling shows that was the plan because otherwise he would have hired a/promoted someone to DC. I still think they would take him back, but again, not as a play-caller.
    None of that speculation is supported by the facts. In fact, from what we know, the opposite is true.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by notacon View Post
    None of that speculation is supported by the facts. In fact, from what we know, the opposite is true.
    You have no facts at all.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

You have no facts at all.
    I have all the facts on my side. I have presented them over and over and over again. You choose to ignore them.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

I have all the facts on my side. I have presented them over and over and over again. You choose to ignore them.
    You have no facts on your side. Hell this thread alone destroys everything you've said since Frazier said he left to take a year off...and then goes and interviews with not one but three teams. You think he was interviewing for next year? LOL!

16. Post thanked by:

jamze132 (07-05-2023),swiper (07-05-2023)

Thanks
    Thanked 5,816 Times in 3,478 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

The facts are…

- He either quit or was fired

- He interviewed with other teams shortly after leaving

The rest of the “he said this/that” stuff could be true, could be a lie…we’ll probably never know. Your naivety is truly astounding.
    Last edited by jamze132; 07-05-2023 at 04:27 AM.

Thanks
    Thanked 30,468 Times in 17,375 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

They hired Al Holcomb as a 'senior defensive assistant'...not filling a position at the time, creating one for him...on February 9th, about two weeks after the embarrassing loss to the Bengals. Leslie Frazier 'stepped down' almost a full three weeks later. This management doesn't do anything without study and forethought, so it's extremely not likely his departure came as a surprise in between those two days, it's a much larger possibility that a decision was made very shortly after the season was ended. It would also be very unlikely that Frazier would voluntarily take himself out of an active network that is his best path to a head job elsewhere, new HC hires are...by a large margin...currently employed by another team.

Those are facts.

Whether Frazier went to McD after the season and said 'I need a break', or McD went to Leslie and said 'We need to change' is not known, but regardless of the conversation the former represents quitting and the latter getting fired.

I still think they worked together to do what they felt was best for the team and Frazier...he doesn't have to suffer the embarrassment of getting demoted or fired, he can explore the market without that stain added to his resume', and if he does get a job Buffalo should get draft pick compensation.
    YardRat Wall of Fame
    #56 DARRYL TALLEY
    #29 DERRICK BURROUGHS#22 FRED JACKSON #95 KYLE WILLIAMS

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

You have no facts on your side. Hell this thread alone destroys everything you've said since Frazier said he left to take a year off...and then goes and interviews with not one but three teams. You think he was interviewing for next year? LOL!
    I have ALL the facts in my side.

It is a BLATANT LIE that he "goes and interviews with not one but three teams”.

ALL you have is bullcrap, speculation, conjecture and PURE LIES!!!!

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by YardRat View Post
    They hired Al Holcomb as a 'senior defensive assistant'...not filling a position at the time, creating one for him...on February 9th, about two weeks after the embarrassing loss to the Bengals. Leslie Frazier 'stepped down' almost a full three weeks later. This management doesn't do anything without study and forethought, so it's extremely not likely his departure came as a surprise in between those two days, it's a much larger possibility that a decision was made very shortly after the season was ended. It would also be very unlikely that Frazier would voluntarily take himself out of an active network that is his best path to a head job elsewhere, new HC hires are...by a large margin...currently employed by another team.

Those are facts.

Whether Frazier went to McD after the season and said 'I need a break', or McD went to Leslie and said 'We need to change' is not known, but regardless of the conversation the former represents quitting and the latter getting fired.

I still think they worked together to do what they felt was best for the team and Frazier...he doesn't have to suffer the embarrassment of getting demoted or fired, he can explore the market without that stain added to his resume', and if he does get a job Buffalo should get draft pick compensation.
    The only “facts” you present are:

"They hired Al Holcomb as a 'senior defensive assistant'...not filling a position at the time, creating one for him...on February 9th” & " Leslie Frazier 'stepped down' almost a full three weeks later”

All the rest is speculation and conjecture based on nothing except what’s in your own head.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by jamze132 View Post
    The facts are…

- He either quit or was fired

- He interviewed with other teams shortly after leaving

The rest of the “he said this/that” stuff could be true, could be a lie…we’ll probably never know. Your naivety is truly astounding.
    "He interviewed with other teams shortly after leaving” is a BLATANT LIE. Shows how weak your false narrative is.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Sure looks like I am going to have to repost my thorough refuting of the LIE that Frazier “interviewed with three teams”....

Quote Originally Posted by Cali512 View Post
    Reports are that Frazier is trying to get back into coaching and has visited the packers and commanders while visiting the giants today

So he didnt take a "year off", like the initial narrative was

This mixed with all the reports coming out of buffalo saying "the defense will be geared towards a more attacking and aggressive defense", with mcdermott, when we know fraziers history of being a more conservative defense, shows that this was definitely closer to a "firing", than Frazier wanting a break

So notty, im pretty sure this proves our point that Frazier was fired, so lets embrace McDermotts D and acknowledge Fraziers defense wasnt providing the scheme that McDermott was trying to implement
    How does this “prove” that he “didnt [sic] take a year off”?? And how does this prove that Frazier was fired???

The short answer….it doesn’t. Not in the least.

Unfortunately, you seem to be blowing out of proportion both what is happening here and especially what it means.Yes, Frazier’s intention was always “getting back into coaching”. He’s said so several times......preferably for a head coaching position and after he took a year off.

Looks like I have to explain the what is really going once again….using the facts that are knowable instead of making wild assumptions from half-baked logic based on misunderstood snippets of information.

I have to warn you that intelligent concepts take more than a few bumper sticker slogans to explain complex issues thoroughly, so this post necessarily has more words than the “Cliff Notes” crowd can handle. That’s their problem and why “half-baked logic based on misunderstood snippets of information” is their badge of dishonor.

Frazier IS “trying to get back into coaching” and has said that many times since he announced his one-year step back. That has ALWAYS been the stated goal and WHY he said he was not retiring but taking a leave from coaching. That is no secret!!!

So that makes your initial revelation “Frazier is trying to get back into coaching” rather nonsensical. With two extremely critical caveats.

#1. that it is much preferable to do so (and he has not specifically said if this is a deal breaker, but it sure sounds like it) as a HEAD COACH. Or, at the least in a “different capacity”

The obvious foundation of his frustration is, like many Black coaches in the NFL, of being passed over for the HC job.

#2. His return would be after taking a year off.What these visits do NOT do (in any way) is “prove your point” that he was “fired” OR prove that he is not taking a year off are the recent visit with three teams.

Why???
    Well, that would take one actually paying attention to what has gone on recently, what Frazier has said (in public and on the record) in addition to the NFL’s dedicated (and very public) effort to encourage Black coaches to be hired as head coaches and other high-level position on NFL teams.As was reported quite widely, during the recent NFL Owners meetings, they conducted, for the second year in a row, the “Coach Accelerator” program. It was announced by the NFL on May 17, 2023….

NFL coach accelerator program to take place during Spring League Meeting in Minneapolis

In continuation of the NFL's commitment to promoting greater diversity across the NFL, the league announced plans to host a Coach Accelerator on May 21-23 at the Spring League Meeting in Minneapolis. The Spring Accelerator follows the inaugural Coach and Front Office Accelerator and the Front Office Accelerator hosted at previous league meetings in 2022.

The Coach Accelerator aims to increase exposure between owners, executives, and diverse coaching talent, providing ample opportunity to develop and build upon their relationships. In a change to the nomination process this year, clubs were able to nominate those from outside of their organization.

The 40 participants this year are attending based on their high potential to be considered for a head coach position in the future.
    Sixteen of the participants will be returning from the May 2022 Accelerator cohort.In addition to networking, further development of the participants is a critical component of the accelerator, with curated content sessions scheduled that will further engage each participant on the advancement of their executive leadership skills and business acumen.

The 40 Black coach participants included 37 NFL coaches that are currently employed by a NFL team, including Kelly Skipper, the current RB coach for the Bills.

The other three were not presently employed by a NFL team, but have extensive NFL coaching experience.

Pep Hamilton

Kris Richard

Leslie Frazier

Obviously, every one of the 40 Black coaches that attended want to progress up the ranks in the NFL and the three that are not presently on a team are “trying to get back into coaching”.

The idea that since Frazier is visiting three teams in June that he is NOT going to take that year off is rather silly.

Why???

NFL teams do not hire coaches in June….
    their staff is set, and they are conducing OTA’s and getting ready for training camp and the upcoming season.

The cake is almost fully baked in June for every NFL team.

For Frazier, who has stated his desire to be a HC, he is not pining for another DC job. In any event, every single team in the NFL already has a DC in place….except one. The Bills.

In fact, the dedicated effort by the NFL to have more Black HC’s is based on “increased exposure between owners, executives, and diverse coaching talent, providing ample opportunity to develop and build upon their relationships.”.

That is what the “Rooney Rule" is all about. The hope that qualified Black coaches interacting via interviews with (almost) all white owners would foster relationships for future openings, or when owners get together and they talk about the interaction they had with this or that Black coach.

That furthering of “increased exposure” to owners to qualified Black coaches is what the recent team visits by Frazier is all about. Plus the fact that the INTENTION for Frazier to conduct these visits were reported a week after the Coach Accelerator program (and a week before his now reported “visits” 5/30/23) as was Frazier’s hope to “interview for head coaching jobs in 2024

The report by Albert Breer including an interview with Frazier tells the story (which disproves your half-baked theory)….

How Roger Goodell Persuaded NFL Owners to Change the Kickoff Rule

Frazier’s in an interesting place right now. He decided to take this year off after serving as Sean McDermott’s defensive coordinator for the past six years in Buffalo and, as you’d think, as he settled into spending more time at his offseason home in California, it wasn’t the most comfortable thing at first.

Frazier has spent his past 35 years, more than half of his life, coaching football.“Man, early on, this is the third month. So for me, that first month or two, it was hard, man, just trying to find my rhythm and getting used to having free time,” Frazier says. “It’s been so long, more than 30 years, since I haven’t been on a schedule this time of the year. So it was a challenge just trying to figure out what to do with myself. But over the last three or four weeks, things have gotten a lot better as far as me being organized in how I want to spend my time. And I’m thankful for it, just very, very thankful that I can do this.

“I’m so grateful that I’m in a position where we can step back and not be sweating about finances. So, just very thankful.”

He’ll start to put the free time to use this week in heading out to visit old coaching friends, with his focus on using that experience, and experiences like the accelerator, to get in the mix for jobs in January.

Maybe it happens for him. Maybe it doesn’t. Either way, he’s at peace with where he’s at.

“I really feel good about where I am,” he says. “I think my reasons for stepping away were the right reasons; I feel good about it. It just gives me a chance to see things from a different perspective, get recharged again and reenergized. I’m gonna go watch some teams in their OTAs, will probably do the same thing again in training camp, go visit some clubs as well. And then in the fall, I will really begin to take a look at what’s happening around the league, make sure I stay up on any new trends, anything that’s changing.

“And, hopefully, an owner will give me a chance to talk to him about an opportunity. If that doesn’t happen, I’m good. I’ve had a good career. I’m good. My goal is to be a head coach. I know I don’t have much time left, I’m at an age [64] where it seems like owners are going younger and younger, but I think I have some things I can bring to the table. We’ll see what happens"

Yeah…Frazier is doing exactly what he said he was going to do….”go watch some teams in their OTAs, will probably do the same thing again in training camp, go visit some clubs as well” all in a dedicated effort to achieve “my goal is to be a head coach” and
    positioning himself for a HC job in 2024.

So, no, what has been happening with Frazier does NOT, in any way, shape or form “prove” that he was “fired” or ESPECIALLY that he “didnt [sic] take a "year off".

He could be offered a HC job during the season when the inevitable firing of a HC during the seasons takes place….four in 2022, two in 2021, three in 2020…etc…etc… and that would obviously make his vow to sit out one year moot.

But, the facts belie your jumping to conclusions.
    Last edited by notacon; 07-05-2023 at 01:55 PM.

Thanks
    Thanked 5,816 Times in 3,478 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

The only “facts” you present are:

"They hired Al Holcomb as a 'senior defensive assistant'...not filling a position at the time, creating one for him...on February 9th” & " Leslie Frazier 'stepped down' almost a full three weeks later”

All the rest is speculation and conjecture based on nothing except what’s in your own head.

- - - Updated - - -

"He interviewed with other teams shortly after leaving” is a BLATANT LIE. Shows how weak your false narrative is.
    Straight from his mouth, so please STFU.

https://buffalonews.com/sports/bills...112727382.html

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

I have ALL the facts in my side.

It is a BLATANT LIE that he "goes and interviews with not one but three teams”.

ALL you have is bullcrap, speculation, conjecture and PURE LIES!!!!
    Post Edited for TOS Violation. ~DB
    Last edited by DraftBoy; 07-07-2023 at 04:08 AM.

24. Post thanked by:

jamze132 (07-05-2023)