Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Eichel’s ***** ass is gonna get a Cup

Thanks
    Thanked 13,409 Times in 9,123 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Re: Eichel’s ***** ass is gonna get a Cup

Quote Originally Posted by notacon View Post
    I don’t care.

It was not only the Sabres I gave up on 20 years ago, it was the sport of hockey.

Just like I gave up on the NBA about 45 years ago (after the Braves left Buffalo) and MLB about 42 years ago after the 1981 strike.

Even with the success of my (now) hometown Golden Knights, I won’t bother with the regular season. I’m a fair-weather playoff fan. And I’m not ashamed one bit.

I will ALWAYS be a Buffalo Bills fan, no matter what.

I only was interested in the NHL and NBA because Buffalo had a team in each league. I was never an avid MLB fan. That sport has been boring for me all the time.

But I DO like Little League World Series. THAT is awesome sports entertainment. Since I got into it in 2015, it’s must watch August sports for me.

If the Sabres suddenly become relevant….I’ll probably keep an eye on them….especially during the playoffs (whenever they actually get in), but I’ll never be an avid fan of the Sabres or any other NHL team.

I could not name one player on the team today. Don’t care either. I am NOT a “real fan” of the Sabres (or the Golden Knights for that matter) and have not claimed to be.

I’m perfectly OK with that.
    No one gives a $h1t about you or what you think. Go away and stay away.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by YardRat View Post
    And another big '**** you' for Buffalo sports fans.
    Eichel should be pounded in the face until he can no longer talk or drink in public places.

That said, Kevyn Adams has to rethink the decision not to let him have the surgery he wanted. Personally, I'm very happy to have Tuch, who's a great player, a great locker room presence, and a great community guy. And there is no doubt that Jack Eichel is one of hockey's biggest @$$holes.

3. Post thanked by:

Novacane (06-19-2023)

Buckle me in on the highway of sin mightysimi's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,027 Times in 1,388 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

I would say both sides are pretty happy with the outcome of that trade and it looks less 1 sided with Vegas winning and eichel playing well

Thanks
    Thanked 9,185 Times in 5,914 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by swiper View Post
    Eichel should be pounded in the face until he can no longer talk or drink in public places.

That said, Kevyn Adams has to rethink the decision not to let him have the surgery he wanted. Personally, I'm very happy to have Tuch, who's a great player, a great locker room presence, and a great community guy. And there is no doubt that Jack Eichel is one of hockey's biggest @$$holes.
    Why rethink something. Move on. KA cannot do anything about the past and it’s not like a common ailment for players.

Thanks
    Thanked 16,508 Times in 12,046 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

It is what it is.

What I can't help but think is "what if?"

Don't get me wrong. I like Tuch. I like Krebs. And I like Ostlund as a prospect. But those three don't come close to the worth that a healthy, engaged Eichel is. That trade didn't make the Sabres; the ingredients for a good/great team already were there. So I can't help but wonder what of the sabres let him get his surgery, heal, and trade him for closer to his value.

Oh well
    Flag of Ukraine.svg

Thanks
    Thanked 11,702 Times in 7,762 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

No one gives a $h1t about you or what you think. Go away and stay away.
    Awwwwwww....poor baby.

Funny, your negative reputation comment directed at me said "You're a perpetual loser.”, although your are so pissed off (apparently) that my adopted home team, Vegas Golden Knights, won the Stanley Cup after only six years in existence....and the Sabres have failed to do so after 53 years.

Kinda looks that the "perpetual loser” is one who is a Sabres fan....not the Golden Knights.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

So much hostility and violent hatred for one of the best players in this year’s playoffs and one of the biggest STARS in the NHL today.

I never watched Eichel play until this year’s playoffs. He is ****ing amazing.

I’m confident that Eichel will not ever have to pay for another drink when he’s in a public place in Vegas.....anyone in the bar at the same time that has the temerity to insult him to his face (or talk ill of Eichel at any time) will be the one who gets "pounded in the face until he can no longer talk

When he gets his turn possessing the Stanley Cup, he’ll be able to drink out of it with pride.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by OpIv37 View Post
    Well, the ***** ass got his Cup. Gotta admit, it wasn’t close. Vegas was leagues ahead of Florida. The leaguers expansion draft rules gave them a big advantage, but they did put a great team together very quickly.
    What was even more satisfying than my adopted home city team win, was that ****hole state Florida not only LOST the Stanley Cup but the NBA Championship in the SAME WEEK!!!!

On consecutive days!!! AWESOME!!!

Maybe Florida can become THREE-PEAT LOSER if the Tampa Bay Rays make it to the World Series and LOSE THAT TOO!!!!

Talk about pure Schadenfreude!!!

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Awwwwwww....poor baby.

Funny, your negative reputation comment directed at me said "You're a perpetual loser.”, although your are so pissed off (apparently) that my adopted home team, Vegas Golden Knights, won the Stanley Cup after only six years in existence....and the Sabres have failed to do so after 53 years.

Kinda looks that the "perpetual loser” is one who is a Sabres fan....not the Golden Knights.
    We can now safely ignore everything notacon says in Bufftp. He's proven he's simply a troll account.

- - - Updated - - -

What was even more satisfying than my adopted home city team win, was that ****hole state Florida not only LOST the Stanley Cup but the NBA Championship in the SAME WEEK!!!!

Maybe Florida can become THREE-PEAT LOSER if the Tampa Bay Rays make it to the World Series and LOSE THAT TOO!!!!

Troll account, this dude probably isn't even a Democrat

Thanks
    Thanked 9,185 Times in 5,914 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Says a troll.

12. Post thanked by:

notacon (06-14-2023)

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by JoshAllenMVP2021 View Post
    We can now safely ignore everything notacon says in Bufftp. He's proven he's simply a troll account.
    BaaaaaWaaaaaWaaaaa.

Since it’s rather obvious that you really don't give a crap about the Sabres or NHL hockey (I already explained that the only reason I posted here is because my adopted home town was about to win the Stanley Cup) since it sure looks like you have never posted in this folder....rather it seems like you are obsessed with following ME....just so you can (attempt to and FAIL) gaslight me.

That’s more than creepy.

Anyway, doing THAT is the textbook definition of a “troll”

Looks like 99.9% of your insipid posts are in the Spin Zone. Probably best if you stay there....as evidenced by this bit of lame trolling....

Troll account, this dude probably isn't even a Democrat

I suspect that a large majority of posters that frequent the Spin Zone have this exact sentiment about your account.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

BaaaaaWaaaaaWaaaaa.

Since it’s rather obvious that you really don't give a crap about the Sabres or NHL hockey (I already explained that the only reason I posted here is because my adopted home town was about to win the Stanley Cup) since it sure looks like you have never posted in this folder....rather it seems like you are obsessed with following ME....just so you can (attempt to and FAIL) gaslight me.

That’s more than creepy.

Anyway, doing THAT is the textbook definition of a “troll”

Looks like 99.9% of your insipid posts are in the Spin Zone. Probably best if you stay there....as evidenced by this bit of lame trolling....

I suspect that a large majority of posters that frequent the Spin Zone have this exact sentiment about your account.
    Republican Troll Account says what?

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

So much hostility and violent hatred for one of the best players in this year’s playoffs and one of the biggest STARS in the NHL today.

I never watched Eichel play until this year’s playoffs. He is ****ing amazing.

I’m confident that Eichel will not ever have to pay for another drink when he’s in a public place in Vegas.....anyone in the bar at the same time that has the temerity to insult him to his face (or talk ill of Eichel at any time) will be the one who gets "pounded in the face until he can no longer talk

When he gets his turn possessing the Stanley Cup, he’ll be able to drink out of it with pride.
    Crawl back under your rock loser troll. Come back when you have something actually productive to say and not breaking the attack the post, not the poster rule, troll.

You know less about hockey than the nothing you know about football. You are essentially a human void of anything worthwhile to say.
    Last edited by swiper; 06-14-2023 at 07:39 PM.

Thanks
    Thanked 26,308 Times in 13,733 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Just gotta point this out: those Florida teams may have lost, but they still made millions for their deep playoff runs. As Bills fans, we know as well as anyone how bad it sucks to be on the cusp of a championship and have it ripped away, but I’d rather see that **** hole state suffer financially than just have some sports fans tortured.

And FWIW…. Eichel was a whiner and a crybaby in Buffalo. Part of me doesn’t completely blame him, because the organization was such a **** show during his time here. But I don’t feel like he has the heart of a hockey player. The talent is there. He was a point per game player after his rookie year, despite the organizational dysfunction. I just don’t see the tenacity and desire of a hockey player from him.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by OpIv37 View Post
    Just gotta point this out: those Florida teams may have lost, but they still made millions for their deep playoff runs. As Bills fans, we know as well as anyone how bad it sucks to be on the cusp of a championship and have it ripped away, but I’d rather see that **** hole state suffer financially than just have some sports fans tortured.

And FWIW…. Eichel was a whiner and a crybaby in Buffalo. Part of me doesn’t completely blame him, because the organization was such a **** show during his time here. But I don’t feel like he has the heart of a hockey player. The talent is there. He was a point per game player after his rookie year, despite the organizational dysfunction. I just don’t see the tenacity and desire of a hockey player from him.
    It may be true that "Eichel was a whiner and a crybaby in Buffalo”....but....saying "I just don’t see the tenacity and desire of a hockey player from him” is not very realistic considering his performance during this year's playoffs.

Eichel showed all that and MORE. Almost every time he was on the ice he was the best player. He did everything. Never shied away from a hit. He back-checked, fore-checked and was a awesome playmaker, unselfish with the puck feeding his teammates which made him #1 in points for the playoffs (26) and, far and away #1 in assists (20).

Jack Eichel, Stanley Cup champion — How he rewrote his story with a sensational postseason

The first seven years of Eichel’s NHL career didn’t go as planned. As the No. 2 overall pick by the Buffalo Sabres in 2015, he entered the league as a teenager with the crushing weight of a franchise on his shoulders. There were plenty of spectacular goals and moments in Buffalo, but also a lot of losing, a lot of criticism heaved Eichel’s way, and a neck injury that ended his run as a Sabre before the team ever qualified for the playoffs.

Following his neck surgery — which came after a trade to Vegas in Nov. 2021 — many people in the hockey world wondered if he’d ever be the same player again. Even if he could, would that lead to wins? It hadn’t to that point.

Since then, Eichel has answered all of those questions, and proven untrue many of the criticisms levied over his career. In his first postseason, he was an integral part of a tight-knit locker room. He was brilliant with and without the puck, sacrificed his body, thrived in physical playoff hockey and won hockey’s ultimate prize.

…snip….

It was a lot of work, but it paid off. Eichel was a force in the postseason. He led the NHL with 26 points in 22 games, the third-most points by a player in his first playoff run in NHL history. He danced up the ice with the puck on his stick and bullied his way into dangerous areas to set teammates up for backdoor goals. He was equally tenacious without the puck, hounding the puck carrier with a physical, efficient backcheck.

...snip...

Winning is everything for Eichel and he did a lot of it, up until he got to the NHL.

“From Day 1 in Buffalo, he was a young guy who was highly touted and came in with some swagger, but it wasn’t over-cockiness,” said Foligno, who was a five-year veteran when Eichel arrived in Buffalo as the No. 2 overall pick. “This guy loves to compete, he loves to win and he wants to be the best. That’s what you want from your teammates.”

The thought that Eichel was some sort of villain during his time in Buffalo is laughable to Foligno. He described him as an outgoing, fun kid who was always involved in team dinners and functions. But as the losses piled up, it weighed on Eichel.

“All the stuff that happened in Buffalo with Jack, I think, just came from the competitiveness of Jack hating to lose, and as a player I don’t find anything wrong with that,” Foligno said. “I think where things got crisscrossed, with Jack’s comments in Buffalo at times, was that he loved everything about the Buffalo Sabres organization and the city and the fans. He just wanted to win.

“There’s a lot of harm done when you lose, because it becomes a pretty easy habit. You have a young kid now, who’s used to winning all the time, coming into a room that knows how to lose. That was the biggest thing that was upsetting for him. Jack wasn’t OK with it.”

…a LOT more…

Sure sounds like a player I want on MY team.

He was just as deserving to win the Conn Smythe trophy as Marchessault this year, and he (Marchessault) won it (instead of Eichel) in large part because he was an original “misfit” Golden Knight.

I don’t give a crap if Eichel’s an ass hole or not. And I suspect you would not have given a crap either if the Sabres were a competitive team, like actually getting in the ****ing playoffs, much less winning a Stanley Cup while he was there.

I’m sure he is soooooo concerned what bitter, frustrated and disgruntled Sabres fans think of him as he enjoys the Stanley Cup parade on the Strip tonight.

Vegas Golden Knights victory parade expected to rival New Year’s Eve on Strip, planners say

Jack Eichel holds Stanley Cup the he played a HUGE (and critical) part in WINNING it for the VGN.............

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

The victory parade was covered by every local TV station with hours of air time. I’ve never lived in a city that had the opportunity to celebrate a Championship in today’s modern NFL, NHL, NBA or MLB.

Last time the Bills won a Championship was 1965 in the old AFL. I don’t remember if they had victory parades back then.

The Buffalo Sabres will always have special place in my heart. If they ever start playing like a real professional NHL team, and get in the playoffs, I will be rooting for them 100%%

In fact, if the Golden Knights and Sabres EVER meet in the playoffs, it (of course) will be in a Stanley Cup Final, and I would be 100% behind the Sabres.

Until then....it’s great to live in a city with a champion.

Jack Eichel is a HERO in Vegas....

Buckle me in on the highway of sin mightysimi's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,027 Times in 1,388 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

The drone cup in the sky was pretty cool.

21. Post thanked by:

notacon (06-19-2023)

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by mightysimi View Post
    The drone cup in the sky was pretty cool.
    They know how to party in Vegas!!

Not quite Best in the World.... ckg927's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,516 Times in 4,889 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

All I will say is this: If Buffalo had the crew we do now WITH Eichel, the Cup might well be raised in WNY.

The question I have with the Golden Knights is this: Yes, they have GM's who aren't afraid to wheel & deal. But you also have to build a foundation for a consistent winning team. You have to draft well. Can anyone honestly say that Vegas has a good farm system? What's going to happen when players like Pietrangelo, Marchessault, etc age out or their contracts become untenable? Then what do the Golden Knights do?

Seattle is even more new to the NHL than Vegas and it only took them 2 years to get to the playoffs. They've drafted well and made decent FA signings.
    "We've got a lot to cover. The good news is...I've got the time and I ain't going anywhere." -CM Punk, AEW Rampage, 8/20/21

"I see things in black and white and I have a zero tolerance policy for ****ty people." -Jon Moxley, AEW Dynamite, 1/6/21