• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • notacon
    • Aug 2012

Re: Eichel’s ***** ass is gonna get a Cup

Originally posted by JATMtheJATM View Post
    If you gave up on the Sabres 20 years ago, you missed two of the most beloved teams/seasons in franchise history. And that's extremely sad
    Originally posted by sukie View Post
    I live in Florida , 20 minutes from the arena in Sunrise. My hometown team is the Sabres. I’ve lived in Florida nearing 60% of my life and still my Hometown Teams are the Bills and the Sabres.

I am a true fan of my hometown teams.

If the Panthers beat the Sabres in a deep playoff run, would I brag about my suddenly new hometown team?… nope.

real fans don’t do that. Go troll a Raiders forum.
    I don’t care.

It was not only the Sabres I gave up on 20 years ago, it was the sport of hockey.

Just like I gave up on the NBA about 45 years ago (after the Braves left Buffalo) and MLB about 42 years ago after the 1981 strike.

Even with the success of my (now) hometown Golden Knights, I won’t bother with the regular season. I’m a fair-weather playoff fan. And I’m not ashamed one bit.

I will ALWAYS be a Buffalo Bills fan, no matter what.

I only was interested in the NHL and NBA because Buffalo had a team in each league. I was never an avid MLB fan. That sport has been boring for me all the time.

But I DO like Little League World Series. THAT is awesome sports entertainment. Since I got into it in 2015, it’s must watch August sports for me.

If the Sabres suddenly become relevant….I’ll probably keep an eye on them….especially during the playoffs (whenever they actually get in), but I’ll never be an avid fan of the Sabres or any other NHL team.

I could not name one player on the team today. Don’t care either. I am NOT a “real fan” of the Sabres (or the Golden Knights for that matter) and have not claimed to be.

I’m perfectly OK with that.

Comment

• notacon
      • Aug 2012

Originally posted by OpIv37 View Post
      Why the Sabres suck? Wow, I could write a grad-level thesis on that. But the crash course:

Golisano and Darcy Reiger stupidly let both Briere and Drury walk at the same time, instead choosing to move forward with a core of Thomas Vanek, Derek Roy and Jason Pominville. When Pegula bought the team, he doubled down on that decision by meddling and spending big in FA on guys who didn't pan out. The whole team was a **** show. Then, Pegula made some really bad coaching and GM hires. GM Tim Murray was the one who chose Eichel, which was one of the few things he actually got right, but it was such an obvious decision.

The problem with Eichel is that he's the kind of player that can turn a good team into a great team, but he's not the kind of player that can turn a mediocre team into a good team, and that's what the Sabres needed. Eichel is like a diva WR in the NFL. He's great when things are going well, but if the team's losing or he's not involved enough, he pouts and becomes a locker room cancer.

Then there was the Ralph Kruger era- the less said about that, the better.

The good news: Tage Thompson is a legit star, Alex Tuch has been a surprisingly good addition, Jeff Skinner has returned to form now that he has a coach who knows how to use them.... The Sabres still lack goaltending, they could use some secondary scoring and they probably need another top 4 D man, but they have talent and cap space so the future looks bright.

What irritates me about teams like Vegas winning is that the fan base hasn't put in the work. It was the same thing with the Capitals- no one cared about that team until Ovechkin, then they have a bunch of good seasons before they get a Cup. Vegas has been around what? 6 years now? And they've been very good and they're about to win a Cup. Meanwhile, you have teams like the Sabres, who have NEVER won a cup. Hell, even Leafs fans have suffered- they haven't won a Cup since before the Sabres even existed. But all these Johnny-come-lately fans get to celebrate while the die-hards suffer.
      Thanks for the primer.

I do not recognize one name that you mentioned, except for Eichel (and Alex Tuch only because it was big news when he was traded to Buffalo for Eichel)

I did recognize Wayne Gretzky as one of the talking heads on the TNT broadcast of the VGN playoff games.

He looks like any 62 year old fart does.

Comment

• OpIv37
        Acid Douching Asswipe
        • Sep 2002

Well, the ***** ass got his Cup. Gotta admit, it wasn’t close. Vegas was leagues ahead of Florida. The leaguers expansion draft rules gave them a big advantage, but they did put a great team together very quickly.
        MiKiDo Facebook
        MiKiDo Website

Comment

• Mike13
          • Aug 2005

Well this has been a ****ty 48 hours.

Comment

• YardRat
            Well, lookie here...
            • Dec 2004

And another big '**** you' for Buffalo sports fans.
            YardRat Wall of Fame
            #56 DARRYL TALLEY
            #29 DERRICK BURROUGHS#22 FRED JACKSON #95 KYLE WILLIAMS

Comment

• swiper
              • Sep 2010

Originally posted by notacon View Post
              I don’t care.

It was not only the Sabres I gave up on 20 years ago, it was the sport of hockey.

Just like I gave up on the NBA about 45 years ago (after the Braves left Buffalo) and MLB about 42 years ago after the 1981 strike.

Even with the success of my (now) hometown Golden Knights, I won’t bother with the regular season. I’m a fair-weather playoff fan. And I’m not ashamed one bit.

I will ALWAYS be a Buffalo Bills fan, no matter what.

I only was interested in the NHL and NBA because Buffalo had a team in each league. I was never an avid MLB fan. That sport has been boring for me all the time.

But I DO like Little League World Series. THAT is awesome sports entertainment. Since I got into it in 2015, it’s must watch August sports for me.

If the Sabres suddenly become relevant….I’ll probably keep an eye on them….especially during the playoffs (whenever they actually get in), but I’ll never be an avid fan of the Sabres or any other NHL team.

I could not name one player on the team today. Don’t care either. I am NOT a “real fan” of the Sabres (or the Golden Knights for that matter) and have not claimed to be.

I’m perfectly OK with that.
              No one gives a $h1t about you or what you think. Go away and stay away.

Comment

• swiper
                • Sep 2010

Originally posted by YardRat View Post
                And another big '**** you' for Buffalo sports fans.
                Eichel should be pounded in the face until he can no longer talk or drink in public places.

That said, Kevyn Adams has to rethink the decision not to let him have the surgery he wanted. Personally, I'm very happy to have Tuch, who's a great player, a great locker room presence, and a great community guy. And there is no doubt that Jack Eichel is one of hockey's biggest @$$holes.

Comment

• mightysimi
                  Buckle me in on the highway of sin
                  • Mar 2010

I would say both sides are pretty happy with the outcome of that trade and it looks less 1 sided with Vegas winning and eichel playing well

Comment

• sukie
                    Seriously?
                    • Sep 2012

Originally posted by swiper View Post
                    Eichel should be pounded in the face until he can no longer talk or drink in public places.

That said, Kevyn Adams has to rethink the decision not to let him have the surgery he wanted. Personally, I'm very happy to have Tuch, who's a great player, a great locker room presence, and a great community guy. And there is no doubt that Jack Eichel is one of hockey's biggest @$$holes.
                    Why rethink something. Move on. KA cannot do anything about the past and it’s not like a common ailment for players.

Comment

• JATMtheJATM
                      • Aug 2012

It is what it is.

What I can't help but think is "what if?"

Don't get me wrong. I like Tuch. I like Krebs. And I like Ostlund as a prospect. But those three don't come close to the worth that a healthy, engaged Eichel is. That trade didn't make the Sabres; the ingredients for a good/great team already were there. So I can't help but wonder what of the sabres let him get his surgery, heal, and trade him for closer to his value.

Oh well
                      Flag of Ukraine.svg

Comment

• notacon
                        • Aug 2012

No one gives a $h1t about you or what you think. Go away and stay away.
                        Awwwwwww....poor baby.

Funny, your negative reputation comment directed at me said "You're a perpetual loser.”, although your are so pissed off (apparently) that my adopted home team, Vegas Golden Knights, won the Stanley Cup after only six years in existence....and the Sabres have failed to do so after 53 years.

Kinda looks that the "perpetual loser” is one who is a Sabres fan....not the Golden Knights.

Comment

• notacon
                          • Aug 2012

So much hostility and violent hatred for one of the best players in this year’s playoffs and one of the biggest STARS in the NHL today.

I never watched Eichel play until this year’s playoffs. He is ****ing amazing.

I’m confident that Eichel will not ever have to pay for another drink when he’s in a public place in Vegas.....anyone in the bar at the same time that has the temerity to insult him to his face (or talk ill of Eichel at any time) will be the one who gets "pounded in the face until he can no longer talk

When he gets his turn possessing the Stanley Cup, he’ll be able to drink out of it with pride.

Comment

• notacon
                            • Aug 2012

Originally posted by OpIv37 View Post
                            Well, the ***** ass got his Cup. Gotta admit, it wasn’t close. Vegas was leagues ahead of Florida. The leaguers expansion draft rules gave them a big advantage, but they did put a great team together very quickly.
                            What was even more satisfying than my adopted home city team win, was that ****hole state Florida not only LOST the Stanley Cup but the NBA Championship in the SAME WEEK!!!!

On consecutive days!!! AWESOME!!!

Maybe Florida can become THREE-PEAT LOSER if the Tampa Bay Rays make it to the World Series and LOSE THAT TOO!!!!

Talk about pure Schadenfreude!!!

Comment

• JoshAllenMVP2021
                              • Jan 2021

Awwwwwww....poor baby.

Funny, your negative reputation comment directed at me said "You're a perpetual loser.”, although your are so pissed off (apparently) that my adopted home team, Vegas Golden Knights, won the Stanley Cup after only six years in existence....and the Sabres have failed to do so after 53 years.

Kinda looks that the "perpetual loser” is one who is a Sabres fan....not the Golden Knights.
                              We can now safely ignore everything notacon says in Bufftp. He's proven he's simply a troll account.

- - - Updated - - -

What was even more satisfying than my adopted home city team win, was that ****hole state Florida not only LOST the Stanley Cup but the NBA Championship in the SAME WEEK!!!!

On consecutive days!!! AWESOME!!!

Maybe Florida can become THREE-PEAT LOSER if the Tampa Bay Rays make it to the World Series and LOSE THAT TOO!!!!

Talk about pure Schadenfreude!!!
                              Troll account, this dude probably isn't even a Democrat
                              "I think if you have diabetes you should also have to have money or else you deserve to die" - notacon, 10/10/23

Comment

• sukie
                                Seriously?
                                • Sep 2012

Says a troll.

Comment

Working...
                                X