Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Eichel’s ***** ass is gonna get a Cup

Thanks
    Thanked 26,308 Times in 13,733 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Eichel’s ***** ass is gonna get a Cup

6-2 late in the 3rd in game 2, Vegas already won game 1.

I was rooting for the Panthers cuz they took out Boston and Toronto, but they just aren’t physical enough to handle Vegas.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Re: Eichel’s ***** ass is gonna get a Cup

7-2 now.

I love hockey but it’s so hard to watch when the most hateable teams keep winning. Boston had a ton of cups. Dallas, Washington and Carolina have Cups. Tampa has multiple Cups. Vegas is about to get one. We have zero. Disgusting.

My battery is low and it's getting dark. ParanoidAndroid's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,708 Times in 3,427 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

He got smoked on a clean hit by Tkachuck.

Thanks
    Thanked 13,409 Times in 9,123 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Really? You had to start a stupid thread on an idiot drunk?

Mods move this to SPAM.

Thanks
    Thanked 16,508 Times in 12,046 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

I've accepted this outcome. I'm not happy with it, but whatever
    Flag of Ukraine.svg

Thanks
    Thanked 11,702 Times in 7,762 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by OpIv37 View Post
    6-2 late in the 3rd in game 2, Vegas already won game 1.

I was rooting for the Panthers cuz they took out Boston and Toronto, but they just aren’t physical enough to handle Vegas.
    I was thinking of you last night as I watched my hometown team beat the crap out for Florida with Eichel having another fantastic game. I was planning on coming here and asking you (because I know you are a Sabres fan) why the Sabres SUCK so badly and why Eichel was wasted talent there.

I also pictured you pulling your hair out in biter frustration. This post shows that I was spot on.

I never go to this section of Bills Zone because I gave up on the Sabres over 20 years ago.

Lost interest in hockey because it was pretty boring to watch. The regular season is bad enough with too many games for any one to matter (the same with NBA and MLB). Keeping track of such a dismal franchise like the Sabres, in a sport that does not capture the imagination (kinda like soccer) does not inspire anything in me.

My interest was slightly more than nothing when Vegas landed an expansion team and immediately went not only to the playoffs but to the FINALS in their first year. Golden Knights Fever was all over Vegas.

I watched some of the playoffs that year, recording games and then fast forwarded through most of them because watching the game being more of dumping the puck from end to end was boring as can be. It’s readily apparent (especially watching in in fast forward) that the back-and-forth is 80% of the “action” and verified my lack of interest.

The next several years I paid a little attention to the regular season....mostly looking at the standings from time to time....seeing the Sabres near the bottom validating my separation as a “Sabres fan” so many years ago.

Vegas’ relative quick exit from the playoffs after that first magical year and especially the deeply disappointing exit to Montreal in 2021 in the semi’s had my interest waning one again.

This year I recorded some of Vegas' playoff games and had some interest. Knowing that it really does not matter unless they got into the conference finals. That was a good series against Dallas (still hate the Stars from the 1999 finals loss....the start of my disillusion with the Sabres) with the first two games going to OT.

I started to get familiar with the players and knew the name Eichel as he was much prized draft choice that did not bring the Sabres' any closer to viability. When he was traded to Vegas I vowed to keep an eye on him since there was much excitement here with that trade.

He is obviously one of the best players on the ice in all the playoff games I have watched. Great stick handling and superior awareness and play-making ability.

After the Stars came back from a 0-3 deficit, I watched game six with much interest, and Vegas did not disappoint, blowing them out 6-0.

Now the Finals have got my full attention, as Stanley Cup Final playoff action is some of the best sports to watch.

Eichel, along with Marchessault (one of the original Golden Knights) are the heart and soul of this team. It’s a joy to watch them play together as it is the teamwork of the full roster that plays with skill, determination, discipline and toughness.

Last nights game was a particular joy. I actually watched the full game ar normal speed (only fast forwarding though the commercials).....and Eichel showed why he is so vital to the Golden Knights drive toward the Cup.

You being pissed off because Eichel has found a good home and succeeding while his talent was wasted in Buffalo is so...you. The Panthers are no match for this team.

For the first time since 1965 I may get to see my hometown team win a championship. It feels so good.

I feel your pain Opi.
    Last edited by notacon; 06-06-2023 at 02:53 PM.

Thanks
    Thanked 30,570 Times in 17,451 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

He's in the conversation for the Conn Smythe too.
    YardRat Wall of Fame
    #56 DARRYL TALLEY
    #29 DERRICK BURROUGHS#22 FRED JACKSON #95 KYLE WILLIAMS

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by YardRat View Post
    He's in the conversation for the Conn Smythe too.
    It's almost like I told you nerds he's an exceptional player when you guys were sick of him two or three years ago.

But yeah, glad they moved on from him. Krebs/tuch/ostlund will help ease the sting a bit.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by notacon View Post
    I was thinking of you last night as I watched my hometown team beat the crap out for Florida with Eichel having another fantastic game. I was planning on coming here and asking you (because I know you are a Sabres fan) why the Sabres SUCK so badly and why Eichel was wasted talent there.

I also pictured you pulling your hair out in biter frustration. This post shows that I was spot on.

I never go to this section of Bills Zone because I gave up on the Sabres over 20 years ago.

Lost interest in hockey because it was pretty boring to watch. The regular season is bad enough with too many games for any one to matter (the same with NBA and MLB). Keeping track of such a dismal franchise like the Sabres, in a sport that does not capture the imagination (kinda like soccer) does not inspire anything in me.

My interest was slightly more than nothing when Vegas landed an expansion team and immediately went not only to the playoffs but to the FINALS in their first year. Golden Knights Fever was all over Vegas.

I watched some of the playoffs that year, recording games and then fast forwarded through most of them because watching the game being more of dumping the puck from end to end was boring as can be. It’s readily apparent (especially watching in in fast forward) that the back-and-forth is 80% of the “action” and verified my lack of interest.

The next several years I paid a little attention to the regular season....mostly looking at the standings from time to time....seeing the Sabres near the bottom validating my separation as a “Sabres fan” so many years ago.

Vegas’ relative quick exit from the playoffs after that first magical year and especially the deeply disappointing exit to Montreal in 2021 in the semi’s had my interest waning one again.

This year I recorded some of Vegas' playoff games and had some interest. Knowing that it really does not matter unless they got into the conference finals. That was a good series against Dallas (still hate the Stars from the 1999 finals loss....the start of my disillusion with the Sabres) with the first two games going to OT.

I started to get familiar with the players and knew the name Eichel as he was much prized draft choice that did not bring the Sabres' any closer to viability. When he was traded to Vegas I vowed to keep an eye on him since there was much excitement here with that trade.

He is obviously one of the best players on the ice in all the playoff games I have watched. Great stick handling and superior awareness and play-making ability.

After the Stars came back from a 0-3 deficit, I watched game six with much interest, and Vegas did not disappoint, blowing them out 6-0.

Now the Finals have got my full attention, as Stanley Cup Final playoff action is some of the best sports to watch.

Eichel, along with Marchessault (one of the original Golden Knights) are the heart and soul of this team. It’s a joy to watch them play together as it is the teamwork of the full roster that plays with skill, determination, discipline and toughness.

Last nights game was a particular joy. I actually watched the full game ar normal speed (only fast forwarding though the commercials).....and Eichel showed why he is so vital to the Golden Knights drive toward the Cup.

You being pissed off because Eichel has found a good home and succeeding while his talent was wasted in Buffalo is so...you. The Panthers are no match for this team.

For the first time since 1965 I may get to see my hometown team win a championship. It feels so good.

I feel your pain Opi.
    If you gave up on the Sabres 20 years ago, you missed two of the most beloved teams/seasons in franchise history. And that's extremely sad

10. Post thanked by:

JoshAllenMVP2021 (06-07-2023)

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by notacon View Post

I feel your pain Opi.
    Why the Sabres suck? Wow, I could write a grad-level thesis on that. But the crash course:

Golisano and Darcy Reiger stupidly let both Briere and Drury walk at the same time, instead choosing to move forward with a core of Thomas Vanek, Derek Roy and Jason Pominville. When Pegula bought the team, he doubled down on that decision by meddling and spending big in FA on guys who didn't pan out. The whole team was a **** show. Then, Pegula made some really bad coaching and GM hires. GM Tim Murray was the one who chose Eichel, which was one of the few things he actually got right, but it was such an obvious decision.

The problem with Eichel is that he's the kind of player that can turn a good team into a great team, but he's not the kind of player that can turn a mediocre team into a good team, and that's what the Sabres needed. Eichel is like a diva WR in the NFL. He's great when things are going well, but if the team's losing or he's not involved enough, he pouts and becomes a locker room cancer.

Then there was the Ralph Kruger era- the less said about that, the better.

The good news: Tage Thompson is a legit star, Alex Tuch has been a surprisingly good addition, Jeff Skinner has returned to form now that he has a coach who knows how to use them.... The Sabres still lack goaltending, they could use some secondary scoring and they probably need another top 4 D man, but they have talent and cap space so the future looks bright.

What irritates me about teams like Vegas winning is that the fan base hasn't put in the work. It was the same thing with the Capitals- no one cared about that team until Ovechkin, then they have a bunch of good seasons before they get a Cup. Vegas has been around what? 6 years now? And they've been very good and they're about to win a Cup. Meanwhile, you have teams like the Sabres, who have NEVER won a cup. Hell, even Leafs fans have suffered- they haven't won a Cup since before the Sabres even existed. But all these Johnny-come-lately fans get to celebrate while the die-hards suffer.

12. Post thanked by:

notacon (06-07-2023)

Thanks
    Thanked 9,186 Times in 5,914 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

I live in Florida , 20 minutes from the arena in Sunrise. My hometown team is the Sabres. I’ve lived in Florida nearing 60% of my life and still my Hometown Teams are the Bills and the Sabres.

I am a true fan of my hometown teams.

If the Panthers beat the Sabres in a deep playoff run, would I brag about my suddenly new hometown team?… nope.

real fans don’t do that. Go troll a Raiders forum.

14. Post thanked by:

OpIv37 (06-07-2023),swiper (06-14-2023)

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by sukie View Post
    I live in Florida , 20 minutes from the arena in Sunrise. My hometown team is the Sabres. I’ve lived in Florida nearing 60% of my life and still my Hometown Teams are the Bills and the Sabres.

If the Panthers beat the Sabres in a deep playoff run, would I brag about my suddenly new hometown team?… nope.

The sabres aren't my hometown team. I became a sabres fan while the hometown team was winning Stanley cups. I just jumped on the Sabres wagon, and never jumped off

16. Post thanked by:

swiper (06-14-2023)

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Why the Sabres suck? Wow, I could write a grad-level thesis on that. But the crash course:

Golisano and Darcy Reiger stupidly let both Briere and Drury walk at the same time, instead choosing to move forward with a core of Thomas Vanek, Derek Roy and Jason Pominville. When Pegula bought the team, he doubled down on that decision by meddling and spending big in FA on guys who didn't pan out. The whole team was a **** show. Then, Pegula made some really bad coaching and GM hires. GM Tim Murray was the one who chose Eichel, which was one of the few things he actually got right, but it was such an obvious decision.

The problem with Eichel is that he's the kind of player that can turn a good team into a great team, but he's not the kind of player that can turn a mediocre team into a good team, and that's what the Sabres needed. Eichel is like a diva WR in the NFL. He's great when things are going well, but if the team's losing or he's not involved enough, he pouts and becomes a locker room cancer.

The good news: Tage Thompson is a legit star, Alex Tuch has been a surprisingly good addition, Jeff Skinner has returned to form now that he has a coach who knows how to use them.... The Sabres still lack goaltending, they could use some secondary scoring and they probably need another top 4 D man, but they have talent and cap space so the future looks bright.

What irritates me about teams like Vegas winning is that the fan base hasn't put in the work. It was the same thing with the Capitals- no one cared about that team until Ovechkin, then they have a bunch of good seasons before they get a Cup. Vegas has been around what? 6 years now? And they've been very good and they're about to win a Cup. Meanwhile, you have teams like the Sabres, who have NEVER won a cup. Hell, even Leafs fans have suffered- they haven't won a Cup since before the Sabres even existed. But all these Johnny-come-lately fans get to celebrate while the die-hards suffer.
    Dude, if you want to go tit for tat on the sabres whoas, we can start in the post Hasek era.

But let's not. Let's focus on now. The biggest crime Murray committed was not letting the team grow organically. Once they drafted Eichel, it was peddle down. Murray traded away good prospects in favor of it trades that would improve the team immediately, but not enough. And the worst part was, he traded decent prospects just to push a trade through more quickly (JT compher)

Botterill did the bare minimum. He kept skimping out on key positions, hoping what they had, or the bargain barrel acquisitions they made would pan out. They didn't.

And Adams, I'll admit I was wrong about him. I thought he was just another Pegula yes man. But he's done a great job building this team for a massive window.

But now is where the rubber meets the road. The foundation is there. Now Adams needs to make moves to build around it. Something Murray and Botterill struggled to do.

18. Post thanked by:

OpIv37 (06-07-2023)

Thanks
    Thanked 9,186 Times in 5,914 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by JATMtheJATM View Post
    The sabres aren't my hometown team. I became a sabres fan while the hometown team was winning Stanley cups. I just jumped on the Sabres wagon, and never jumped off
    Winning cups… didn’t have a goaltending issue did they.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Winning cups… didn’t have a goaltending issue did they.
    Chris Osgood is as MID as a goalie can be

Vernon was good in 97 though

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by JATMtheJATM View Post
    If you gave up on the Sabres 20 years ago, you missed two of the most beloved teams/seasons in franchise history. And that's extremely sad

I don’t care.

It was not only the Sabres I gave up on 20 years ago, it was the sport of hockey.

Just like I gave up on the NBA about 45 years ago (after the Braves left Buffalo) and MLB about 42 years ago after the 1981 strike.

Even with the success of my (now) hometown Golden Knights, I won’t bother with the regular season. I’m a fair-weather playoff fan. And I’m not ashamed one bit.

I will ALWAYS be a Buffalo Bills fan, no matter what.

I only was interested in the NHL and NBA because Buffalo had a team in each league. I was never an avid MLB fan. That sport has been boring for me all the time.

But I DO like Little League World Series. THAT is awesome sports entertainment. Since I got into it in 2015, it’s must watch August sports for me.

If the Sabres suddenly become relevant….I’ll probably keep an eye on them….especially during the playoffs (whenever they actually get in), but I’ll never be an avid fan of the Sabres or any other NHL team.

I could not name one player on the team today. Don’t care either. I am NOT a “real fan” of the Sabres (or the Golden Knights for that matter) and have not claimed to be.

I’m perfectly OK with that.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Thanks for the primer.

I do not recognize one name that you mentioned, except for Eichel (and Alex Tuch only because it was big news when he was traded to Buffalo for Eichel)

I did recognize Wayne Gretzky as one of the talking heads on the TNT broadcast of the VGN playoff games.

He looks like any 62 year old fart does.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Well, the ***** ass got his Cup. Gotta admit, it wasn’t close. Vegas was leagues ahead of Florida. The leaguers expansion draft rules gave them a big advantage, but they did put a great team together very quickly.

24. Post thanked by:

notacon (06-14-2023)

Thanks
    Thanked 3,079 Times in 2,014 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Well this has been a ****ty 48 hours.

26. Post thanked by:

sukie (06-14-2023)

Thanks
    Thanked 30,570 Times in 17,451 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

And another big '**** you' for Buffalo sports fans.