• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Woodman
    Legendary Zoner
    • Apr 2014

Bills grossly miscalculated the loss of Tremaine Edmunds

Tackling machines don’t get lost in the wash. Such an analogy seems perfectly suited to describe what’s playing out with the linebacker competition for the Buffalo Bills. Anyone paying close attention to the Bills through two NFL preseason games knows that the team is deficient at MIKE/SAM linebacker. As an organization under the direction of head coach Sean McDermott, One Bills Drive takes great pride in having proficient play at linebacker. In many circles, the players the front office chose as starters were once among the league’s best. Of course, ownership of such status was well earned, thanks to the constant that was Matt Milano and Tremaine Edmunds. But 2023 is a different story.

The Buffalo Bills grossly miscalculated the loss of Tremaine Edmunds - Buffalo Rumblings

“It breaks your heart when someone leaves and you don’t know why.”

"It may be raining but there's a rainbow above you"

Former President Donald Trump early Thursday touted the results of a new NPR/PBSNewsHour/Marist poll showing him ahead of President Joe Biden by 8 percentage points among independents.
  • notacon
    • Aug 2012

Re: Bills grossly miscalculated the loss of Tremaine Edmunds

Yeah. I read that yesterday.

The Bills did not “miscalculate” anything. They knew full well that losing Edmunds would be big trouble and almost impossible to replace in the short term.

LB’s like him do not grow on trees.

Comment

• Forward_Lateral
      • Mar 2004

Originally posted by notacon View Post
      Yeah. I read that yesterday.

The Bills did not “miscalculate” anything. They knew full well that losing Edmunds would be big trouble and almost impossible to replace in the short term.

LB’s like him do not grow on trees.
      They didn't do themselves any favors by drafting a guy to backup Milano instead of play beside him.

Comment

• OpIv37
        Acid Douching Asswipe
        • Sep 2002

Bills didn’t have the cap space to sign him for what he got or to sign a replacement.
        MiKiDo Facebook
        MiKiDo Website

Comment

• Oaf
          Do you read what you write?
          • Jun 2007

Originally posted by OpIv37 View Post
          Bills didn’t have the cap space to sign him for what he got or to sign a replacement.
          It was fine letting him walk. Hell, I would've let Oliver prove himself for another year as well. But why not draft a replacement? Or did they?

Comment

• sukie
            Seriously?
            • Sep 2012

And he hasn’t practiced for what 18-19 days? Edmunds that is.

Comment

• jamze132
              Don’t hate…
              • Jun 2003

There’s not going to be a big drop off in production. Edmunds made some tackles…big deal.

Comment

• YardRat
                Well, lookie here...
                • Dec 2004

The only miscalculation was not replacing him earlier with a better player and/or not moving him to the edge.

If the writer wants to base their conclusion on these first two preseason games the defense hasn't shown us anything that we haven't been seeing in the regular season and playoffs already.
                YardRat Wall of Fame
                #56 DARRYL TALLEY
                #29 DERRICK BURROUGHS#22 FRED JACKSON #95 KYLE WILLIAMS

Comment

• ParanoidAndroid
                  My battery is low and it's getting dark.
                  • Apr 2004

Originally posted by Forward_Lateral View Post
                  They didn't do themselves any favors by drafting a guy to backup Milano instead of play beside him.
                  3 LB went in the 5 or 6 picks before they were up. It was unfortunate the way it fell.

Dallas got their revenge for our Kincaid pick when they snagged Overshown. And I remember wincing when Baltimore got Simpson.
                  Last edited by ParanoidAndroid; 08-24-2023, 07:21 AM.

Comment

• Forward_Lateral
                    • Mar 2004

Originally posted by ParanoidAndroid View Post
                    3 LB went in the 5 or 6 picks before they were up. It was unfortunate the way it fell.

Dallas got their revenge for our Kincaid pick when they snagged Overshown. And I remember wincing when Baltimore got Simpson.
                    I get that, but why draft a guy that doesn't fit? There had to have been a few great options at OT that could be starting right now

Comment

• notacon
                      • Aug 2012

If you are talking about Dorian Williams, there is no reason to believe that he will stay behind Milano past this season.

Gooby thinks that he will be starting MLB before this season ends. I don't agree with that because that’s not the way McD thinks, nor have they giving Williams any snaps at MLB.

Plus Bernard has not had the chance to show what he is capable of yet.

As I said in another thread, MLB is not the one position that is going to make or break the Bills season.

Comment

• Cali512
                        • Jan 2012

Firstly, i respect that notty isnt taking a victory lap on this whole thing and is still very confident in the bills staff in this situation.

Second, as someone that isnt a huge edmunds fan, i am a bit worried, but Bernard hopefully is as good as camp observers say he was and was on pace for MLB1 prior to his injury. Im excited to see how he looks this season based on what ive read. Right now we just need something back there thats not Dodson or worse
                        Not here to be right, just here to have interesting discussions about my impulsive opinions

Comment

• ParanoidAndroid
                          My battery is low and it's getting dark.
                          • Apr 2004

I get that, but why draft a guy that doesn't fit? There had to have been a few great options at OT that could be starting right now
                          I agree. I would have taken Wanya Morris or Jordan Battle. I think maybe Williams would have fallen some more.

Comment

• kscdogbillsfan1221
                            • Nov 2007

Originally posted by ParanoidAndroid View Post
                            I agree. I would have taken Wanya Morris or Jordan Battle. I think maybe Williams would have fallen some more.
                            Wanya morris was an awesome singer
                            loved boys ii men growing up
                            I came.
                            I saw.
                            I conquered.

Comment

• Woodman
                              Legendary Zoner
                              • Apr 2014

Ok!

“It breaks your heart when someone leaves and you don’t know why.”

"It may be raining but there's a rainbow above you"

Former President Donald Trump early Thursday touted the results of a new NPR/PBSNewsHour/Marist poll showing him ahead of President Joe Biden by 8 percentage points among independents.

Comment

Working...
                              X