Jets win deserves 'asterisk' because refs missed penalty, 'MNF' rules analyst says

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Woodman
    Legendary Zoner
    • Apr 2014

Jets win deserves 'asterisk' because refs missed penalty, 'MNF' rules analyst says

Jets win deserves 'asterisk' because refs missed penalty, 'MNF' rules analyst says | Fox News

The New York Jets defeated the Buffalo Bills in overtime with an electric punt return touchdown from rookie Xavier Gipson Monday night.

But "Monday Night Football" rules analyst John Parry said officials on the field likely missed a penalty during Gipson’s return.

Jets player Chazz Surratt threw a block on Bills player Quintin Morris that was illegal, according to Parry.

“It breaks your heart when someone leaves and you don’t know why.”

"It may be raining but there's a rainbow above you"

Former President Donald Trump early Thursday touted the results of a new NPR/PBSNewsHour/Marist poll showing him ahead of President Joe Biden by 8 percentage points among independents.
  • Woodman
    Legendary Zoner
    • Apr 2014

Re: Jets win deserves 'asterisk' because refs missed penalty, 'MNF' rules analyst say

It was extremely obvious ..... Morris got leg whipped at the 25 yard line .... ball shoulda been placed at the 40.

Former President Donald Trump early Thursday touted the results of a new NPR/PBSNewsHour/Marist poll showing him ahead of President Joe Biden by 8 percentage points among independents.

Comment

• Novacane
      • Jul 2002

Re: Jets win deserves 'asterisk' because refs missed penalty, 'MNF' rules analyst say

Who cares. Martin should have kicked a better punt and the coverage team should have covered better.

Comment

• Woodman
        Legendary Zoner
        • Apr 2014

Originally posted by Novacane View Post
        Who cares. Martin should have kicked a better punt and the coverage team should have covered better.
        Punt God anybody?

His punt was mediocre but it was over 40 I'm pretty sure .... that should allow for some pretty good coverage most times ..... I wish he coulda boomed one myself ..... but still that leg whip needed to be called ..... a game winning scoring play needs to be reviewed maybe

Comment

• YardRat
          Well, lookie here...
          • Dec 2004

That's stupid, they would have ended up kicking the FG and winning anyway. Most likely.
          YardRat Wall of Fame
          #56 DARRYL TALLEY
          #29 DERRICK BURROUGHS#22 FRED JACKSON #95 KYLE WILLIAMS

Comment

• Goobylal
            • Jan 2004

Originally posted by Novacane View Post
            Who cares? Regardless of the actual punt, penalties need to be called.

- - - Updated - - -

Originally posted by YardRat View Post
            That's stupid, they would have ended up kicking the FG and winning anyway. Most likely.
            There's no guarantee they'd have moved into FG range.

Comment

• YardRat
              Well, lookie here...
              • Dec 2004

Originally posted by Goobylal View Post

- - - Updated - - -

I know, that's why I said 'most likely'.
              YardRat Wall of Fame
              #56 DARRYL TALLEY
              #29 DERRICK BURROUGHS#22 FRED JACKSON #95 KYLE WILLIAMS

Comment

• Woodman
                Legendary Zoner
                • Apr 2014

Originally posted by Goobylal View Post

- - - Updated - - -

It's just as easy to believe they could of turned the ball over.

Comment

• kscdogbillsfan1221
                  • Nov 2007

Quite frankly, at that point the bills didn’t deserve to win. I’m good with the no call
                  I came.
                  I saw.
                  I conquered.

Comment

• Forward_Lateral
                    • Mar 2004

They should’ve called better plays with possession. Running directly into the back of Morse on 2nd and 15 basically waived the white flag. Cowardly

Comment

• imbondz
                      Democrats are people too
                      • Jan 2003

I saw it live and didn’t care they didn’t call it.
                      My faith doesn’t make me perfect, it makes me forgiven.

Comment

• Buffalogic
                        Rumblin' Stumblin' Bumblin'
                        • Feb 2006

Originally posted by Forward_Lateral View Post
                        They should’ve called better plays with possession. Running directly into the back of Morse on 2nd and 15 basically waived the white flag. Cowardly
                        As soon as they handed it off I said ‘hate that’ then cook was tackled 2 yards later.

Comment

• Dr. Lecter
                          Zero for Zero!
                          • Mar 2003

Let's not whine about calls. The Bills did a great job of losing that on their own.

And really - they said Allen's back foot was on the LOS on the pass to Diggs, but..........
                          Originally posted by mysticsoto
                          Lecter is right in everything he said.

Comment

• Forward_Lateral
                            • Mar 2004

Originally posted by Dr. Lecter View Post
                            Let's not whine about calls. The Bills did a great job of losing that on their own.

And really - they said Allen's back foot was on the LOS on the pass to Diggs, but..........
                            Exactly. All the missed clip or trip or whatever call did was put us out of our misery.

Comment

• Woodman
                              Legendary Zoner
                              • Apr 2014

Originally posted by imbondz View Post
                              I saw it live and didn’t care they didn’t call it.
                              Just glad to get it over at that point I get it.

We really should have cruised to an easy win.

Run the big dogs a lot more in the 2nd half and it's a wrap.

Take those tempting and dangerous calls away from Josh.

Victory was just a cloud of dust away but we insisted to take the hard way.

Up 10 at the half and no QB on the other side they have no way to come back if you just play smash mouth .... and take what they give in the shorter pass variety ..... just end each drive with a kick.

1) Punt don't force **** you didn't need to.
                              2) Point after touchdown
                              3) Kick a FG.

Comment

Working...
                              X