• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Woodman
    Legendary Zoner
    • Apr 2014

Re: All news NFL

With Zach Wilson still in concussion protocol, the New York Jets will start Trevor Siemian on Sunday against the Washington Commanders -- New York's third quarterback change in the past five weeks.
    Siemian could get the call next week, too. Because of a quick turnaround, Wilson also could be sidelined Thursday night against the Cleveland Browns.

Jets go back to Trevor Siemian with Zach Wilson in protocol - ESPN

“It breaks your heart when someone leaves and you don’t know why.”

"It may be raining but there's a rainbow above you"

Former President Donald Trump early Thursday touted the results of a new NPR/PBSNewsHour/Marist poll showing him ahead of President Joe Biden by 8 percentage points among independents.

Comment

• Woodman
      Legendary Zoner
      • Apr 2014

"I really didn't grasp how significant it was until I watched it," Pittman said. "I remember sitting in my locker and then my wife came in crying, my daughter was crying. And that's the first time that I was like, 'Maybe this was bad.'"
      Kazee was ejected from the game and, on Monday, suspended without pay for the remainder of the regular season. He will forfeit about $208,000 in salary during the suspension.

Colts' Michael Pittman clears protocol but doesn't recall hit - ESPN

Former President Donald Trump early Thursday touted the results of a new NPR/PBSNewsHour/Marist poll showing him ahead of President Joe Biden by 8 percentage points among independents.

Comment

• Woodman
        Legendary Zoner
        • Apr 2014

JACKSONVILLE, Fla. -- Jaguars quarterback Trevor Lawrence was back on the practice field Friday but still must clear the NFL's concussion protocol to play in Sunday's game against the Tampa Bay Buccaneers.
        Coach Doug Pederson said Friday morning that if Lawrence, who is listed as questionable, does not clear the protocol by the time the team leaves for Tampa on Saturday, he won't make the trip and backup quarterback C.J. Beathard would make his first start since the final regular-season game in 2020 with the San Francisco 49ers.

Trevor Lawrence back at practice, must clear concussion protocol - ESPN

Comment

• Woodman
          Legendary Zoner
          • Apr 2014

Before legalized gambling, teams that played fast and loose with the rules regarding the reporting of injuries created potential problems between themselves and the league. With legalized gambling prevalent throughout most of the country, teams that engage in injury-report irregularities can now create separate problems for themselves and the league.

The first tangible example of the full-blown DraftKings/FanDuel era comes from the $100,000 in fines imposed on the Falcons and coach Arthur Smith for failing to disclose running back Bijan Robinson’s Week 7 illness. Though he played in the game, Robinson had limited snaps and only one touch — his lowest amount of the year, by far.

Bijan Robinson injury-report fine opens potential can of worms for NFL - NBC Sports

Comment

• Woodman
            Legendary Zoner
            • Apr 2014

He is the third quarterback on the active roster along with Easton Stick and Will Grier, who signed with the team earlier this week. This is the second time the Chargers have signed Duggan to the 53-player roster this season. The team waived him Monday before re-signing him to the practice squad Wednesday. The Chargers drafted the former TCU quarterback in the seventh round this spring.

Chargers sign Max Duggan to 53-player roster - NBC Sports

Comment

• Woodman
              Legendary Zoner
              • Apr 2014

“I am grateful for my 11 years as GM of the San Diego/LA Chargers,” Telesco wrote. “It was an experience my family and I will never forget. The NFL is a people business and I am thankful for the hard work, time sacrificed and loyalty of so many. Thank you Players, Coaches, Scouts, Trainers, Doctors, Video, Equipment, Public Relations, Grounds Crew, Security, Player Engagement, Digital Media, and specifically Ed McGuire and JoJo Wooden. We are looking forward to our next chapter and we will always be Bolt Fans.”

Tom Telesco says thank you to the Chargers - NBC Sports

Comment

• Woodman
                Legendary Zoner
                • Apr 2014

“I feel like this is a great move for me at this stage of my career,” he said, via the Pittsburgh Tribune-Review. “We have good corners who can be a cornerstone for this team. This could be my second career.”Steelers coach Mike Tomlin said Peterson’s ability to be a jack of all trades is one of the reasons Pittsburgh signed him. “Position flexibility and his willingness and ability to do that really has allowed us to function,” Tomlin said. “But given a normal cycle in terms of preparedness, it’s going to be less of an issue.” The Steelers are fighting for their playoff lives and hoping that Peterson can have a big day at a new position.

Patrick Peterson glad to move to free safety, thinks it can extend his career - NBC Sports

Comment

• Woodman
                  Legendary Zoner
                  • Apr 2014

Steelers want Mike Tomlin back, with an extension - NBC Sports

In fact, a source with knowledge of the situation tells PFT that the Steelers intend to extend Tomlin’s contract before the 2024 season begins. Already, Tomlin is directly involved in roster planning for 2024 and 2025. He’s giving no indication that he’s unhappy or disgruntled or ready for something new. Could another team call the Steelers in the offseason and try to essentially trade for Tomlin? Sure. But the Steelers don’t want Tomlin to go. And they have no reason to believe Tomlin wants to be anywhere other than where he currently is.

Comment

• Woodman
                    Legendary Zoner
                    • Apr 2014

The Vikings’ playoff chances got slimmer in Sunday’s loss to the Lions and any hopes of defying the odds won’t be helped by a report about the severity of edge rusher D.J. Wonnum’s quad injury. Head coach Kevin O’Connell said after Sunday’s loss that he had “great concern” about Wonnum’s condition and Ian Rapoport of NFL Media reports that he suffered a partial tear of the quad during the 30-24 loss. That likely ends Wonnum’s season.

Report- D.J. Wonnum suffered a partially torn quad - NBC Sports

Comment

• Woodman
                      Legendary Zoner
                      • Apr 2014

My resume is on the grass. What do you want?” Pierce said, via Tyler Dragon of USA Today. “I can put up a fancy presentation. I’ve seen that before. I can put up stats. I can put up my resume. But the best thing that happened for me was an opportunity. I said this maybe last week, the worst day I was going to be as a head coach was my first day. And each day is my job, and I really take pride in growing each and every day to get better. No different than when I was a player to get better.

Antonio Pierce- My resume is on the grass - NBC Sports

Comment

• Woodman
                        Legendary Zoner
                        • Apr 2014

La’El Collins to work out with Cowboys on Tuesday

The offensive lineman is apparently healthy after tearing his ACL and MCL late last season while playing for the Bengals. Collins recently worked out with the Bills after working out for the Jets and Giants back in October.
                        Cincinnati released Collins from the reserve/physically unable to perform list in September.
                        Collins spent his first six seasons with Dallas, starting 71 games for the club. He signed with Cincinnati in the 2022 offseason.
                        He would likely be signed to the Cowboys practice squad and then work his way into game shape.

Comment

• Woodman
                          Legendary Zoner
                          • Apr 2014

Lions cut Isaiah Buggs

Defensive lineman Isaiah Buggs won’t be part of the Lions’ playoff run this month.
                          Buggs posted a message saying farewell to Detroit on social media on Tuesday and multiple reports indicate that the Lions have waived him off of their 53-man roster. The Lions haven’t made any official announcement of a move at this point.
                          Buggs signed with the Lions in 2022 and he’s appeared in 27 games for the team over the last two seasons. He had 58 tackles, two sacks, a forced fumble, and a fumble recovery in those appearances.

Comment

• Woodman
                            Legendary Zoner
                            • Apr 2014

Jets will cut Dalvin Cook

Cook’s agents at LAA Sports announced on Tuesday, via Tom Pelissero of NFL Media, that their client and the Jets have mutually agreed to part ways. The hope is for Cook to catch on with a team going to the playoffs and he will be subject to waivers once his departure from the Jets becomes official.
                            According to multiple reports, Cook will forfeit his remaining guaranteed money in order to facilitate the move. His deal called for a guaranteed $5.8 million salary this year.
                            Cook signed with the Jets this summer as a free agent in a move that gave the Jets insurance against Breece Hall not being all the way back from his torn ACL. Hall turned out to be in great shape, however, and Cook has just 67 carries for 214 yards and 15 catches for 78 yards this season.

Comment

• Woodman
                              Legendary Zoner
                              • Apr 2014

Bobby Wagner certain he will play in 2024

Comment

• Woodman
                                Legendary Zoner
                                • Apr 2014

Mike Vrabel on his future- I want to be here next year

Comment

Working...
                                X