Clear All
  • Woodman
    Legendary Zoner
    • Apr 2014

Re: All news NFL

Chiefs’ roster moves include the release of WR Anthony Miller

“It breaks your heart when someone leaves and you don’t know why.”

"It may be raining but there's a rainbow above you"

Former President Donald Trump early Thursday touted the results of a new NPR/PBSNewsHour/Marist poll showing him ahead of President Joe Biden by 8 percentage points among independents.

Comment

• Woodman
      Legendary Zoner
      • Apr 2014

Packers sign seventh-rounders Michael Pratt, Kalen King

Former President Donald Trump early Thursday touted the results of a new NPR/PBSNewsHour/Marist poll showing him ahead of President Joe Biden by 8 percentage points among independents.

Comment

• Woodman
        Legendary Zoner
        • Apr 2014

Xavier Worthy- I don’t think being 169 pounds is going to be a problem

Comment

• Woodman
          Legendary Zoner
          • Apr 2014

Eagles sign fifth-rounder Trevor Keegan

Comment

• Woodman
            Legendary Zoner
            • Apr 2014

Chiefs sign 17 undrafted rookies, cut three players

The Chiefs cut a handful of players on Friday and they dropped three more on Saturday while adding 17 undrafted rookies to their roster.
            Wide receiver Jacob Copeland, tight end Izaiah Gathings, and safety Tyree Gillespie were all waived off of the 90-man roster. Defensive end Jordan Smith, wide receiver Shi Smith, and wide receiver Anthony Miller were dropped on Friday and the Chiefs also withdrew their exclusive rights free agent tender offer to linebacker Cole Christiansen.
            Former TCU running back Emani Bailey is one of the 17 undrafted free agents who joined the team. Bailey ran 223 times for 1,209 yards and eight touchdowns last season and also posted 25 catches for 184 yards.

Comment

• Woodman
              Legendary Zoner
              • Apr 2014

J.J. Watt- I told DeMeco Ryans I'll play if the Texans need me - NBC Sports

J.J. Watt says he’s ready, willing and able to play for the Texans this season, if head coach DeMeco Ryans needs him.

Watt said at his charity softball game on Saturday that he let Ryans know he’ll play for the Texans if they think he’d make the difference for him.

“I’ve had 12 great years in this league and I’m very thankful to have walked away healthy and playing great,” Watt said. “I told DeMeco last year, I said, ‘Don’t call unless you absolutely need it, but if you ever do call, I’ll be there.’ And he knows not to call unless he absolutely needs it. This is the last year I’ll tell him that, because I’m not going to keep training the way I’ve been training, but he knows that if he ever truly does need it, I’ll be there for him. I don’t anticipate that happening — they’ve got a very good group.”

Comment

• Woodman
                Legendary Zoner
                • Apr 2014

St. Louis keeps showing it should have an NFL team - NBC Sports

Comment

• Woodman
                  Legendary Zoner
                  • Apr 2014

Patriots see Caedan Wallace moving from Penn State right tackle to NFL left tackle - NBC Sports

Incumbent right tackle Mike Onwenwu will stay on that side, while Wallace — who played all but six of his college snaps at right tackle — is expected to move to left tackle, according to Mike Reiss of ESPN.

Wallace said he is “super confident” in his ability to move to left tackle, and Patriots director of scouting Eliot Wolf said Wallace is “athletic enough to make the switch,” and a “really good pass-protector.”

In the first round, the Patriots drafted the player they hope will be their franchise quarterback in Drake Maye. They also hope that Wallace, their third-round pick, will be protecting Maye’s blind side for years to come.

Comment

• Woodman
                    Legendary Zoner
                    • Apr 2014

ESPN Bet is off to a bad start - NBC Sports

How is ESPN Bet doing so far? To quote the Bubble Boy, “Not too good.”

Before going any farther with this, here’s a disclaimer. NBC has a gambling deal with DraftKings; PFT the online operation has had no gambling deal, ever.

We’ve had opportunities. We’ve passed, for various reasons. Among other things, I’ve got lingering concerns that too many people will view sports betting as a way to make money and not what it truly is — a form of entertainment that entails, for the vast majority of those who do it, a high degree of certainty that you will lose money.

Comment

• Woodman
                      Legendary Zoner
                      • Apr 2014

Jordan Love’s current deal gave him a chance to turn around rocky start to 2023

It’s now a given that Jordan Love is the guy in Green Bay. That he truly can become the third straight franchise quarterback for the Packers, dating back to Brett Favre. And that raises the very real question of whether he should have held firm a year ago, forcing the Packers to either pick up his fifth-year option or let him enter a contract year.
                      There’s another side to this. If Love hadn’t done a deal that gave him a two-year commitment from the Packers, they wouldn’t have picked up his fifth-year option (per source). Also, the Packers were 2-5 after seven games.

Comment

• Woodman
                        Legendary Zoner
                        • Apr 2014

Mike Macdonald provides first reaction to Byron Murphy on practice field

The Seahawks have to be thrilled that defensive tackle Byron Murphy slid all the way to them at No. 16. And if Murphy is pissed that he fell that far, even better.
                        Murphy, who has signed his rookie contract, is participating in the team’s rookie minicamp. On Saturday, coach Mike Macdonald shared his first impression of the potentially dominant defender.
                        “Tough to really truly evaluate because of the tempo, but overall, a good start,” Macdonald told reporters. “We’re not going to crown him right now like he’s the next best defensive tackle of all time, but we’re really excited about it. He shows all the bend and the strength at the point of attack and acceleration. Need to get in a little bit better shape, so we can get through a whole practice and fly around like we expect him to but he understands that just like the rest of these guys, it’s so hard to stay in this elite shape the way the calendar is set up. So he’ll get there but we’ll be pushing them in the meantime.”

Comment

• Woodman
                          Legendary Zoner
                          • Apr 2014

Jordan Travis- I think about being Aaron Rodgers's successor a lot - NBC Sports

Quarterback Jordan Travis isn’t expected to be in the Jets lineup during his rookie season, but the fifth-round pick has eyes on taking over the starting job in the future.
                          Travis will be sitting behind Aaron Rodgers and Tyrod Taylor once he’s cleared to return from the broken leg that ended his 2023 season and stunted Florida State’s shot at a berth in the college football playoffs. He said at the team’s rookie minicamp that he will “watch every little thing that they do” in order to see what it takes to be Rodgers’ successor as the No. 1 quarterback for the Jets.

Comment

• Woodman
                            Legendary Zoner
                            • Apr 2014

Tom Brady makes telling #Deflategate joke at roast - NBC Sports

The Tom Brady roast entailed plenty of jokes targeting low-hanging fruit. For Brady, one of the easiest items is #Deflategate.
                            Near the end of the event that literally was as long as a football game (and, like a football game, had maybe four or five moments that mattered), Brady made a joke about his punishment for his involvement in the scam to take the air out of footballs.
                            “The NFL spent $20 million and found it was ‘more probable than not’ that I was ‘generally aware’ that someone may have deflated my footballs,” Brady said. “You could have just given me the $20 million and I would just told you I ****ing did it.”
                            It got a big laugh, in part because it felt like a confession.

Comment

• Woodman
                              Legendary Zoner
                              • Apr 2014

Xavier Worthy on Patrick Mahomes- It's amazing to have a QB that wants you - NBC Sports

Just after he’d been selected in this year’s draft, Chiefs receiver Xavier Worthy extolled the virtues of playing with quarterback Patrick Mahomes.

The three-time Super Bowl-winning QB wasn’t on the field with Worthy over the weekend at Kansas City’s rookie minicamp. But Worthy noted that Mahomes has already started to develop their relationship.

“I talked to him connected with him a little bit,” Worthy said on Saturday, via John Dixon of ArrowheadPride.com. “He was excited about me coming into the camp.

“It’s amazing just to be able to have that quarterback that wants you. … That means they’re obviously going to try to find a way to get you the ball and make you a part of the offense.”

Comment

• Woodman
                                Legendary Zoner
                                • Apr 2014

Seahawks pass on Taulia Tagovailoa, for now - NBC Sports

Former Maryland quarterback Taulia Tagovailoa, the younger brother of Dolphins quarterback Tua Tagovailoa, was invited to Seattle’s rookie minicamp on a tryout basis. He was one of several tryout players at the rookie minicamp.

One got a job, so far. It was not Taulia.

Defensive tackle Buddha Jones has a roster spot.

Tagovailoa joined Chevan Cordeiro as the quarterbacks at the minicamp. Here’s what Macdonald said about them, generally, on Saturday: “It was good to see them complete some balls today. I was a little upset we didn’t take the ball away more on defense. . . . I thought they threw the ball well. Being able to operate the offense with the cadences — we weren’t just snapping on one every time — so operation was solid, and I thought we handled the ball well for sure.”

Comment

Working...
                                X