Is Josh Allen the very normal, simple to please man we think he is?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • YardRat
    Well, lookie here...
    • Dec 2004

Re: Is Josh Allen the very normal, simple to please man we think he is?

This was a topic over the off-season (and last season), and questioning Allen's commitment and effort isn't new this regular season. He's steadily regressed since walking off the field after 13 seconds. Maybe it is as simple as he got paid. Maybe he does have some off-field issues. Doesn't matter, he needs to store the bull**** rhetoric and get to work otherwise he's just going to be another Dan Marino / Phillip Rivers / Warren Moon / Dan Fouts.

And that's not good enough for the Buffalo fan base, or at least shouldn't be.
    YardRat Wall of Fame
    #56 DARRYL TALLEY
    #29 DERRICK BURROUGHS#22 FRED JACKSON #95 KYLE WILLIAMS

Comment

• OpIv37
      Acid Douching Asswipe
      • Sep 2002

Originally posted by Historian View Post
      I do not think he has checked out, but I kinda wonder if there isn't something going on in his personal life that is affecting his psyche.

In the game thread, I commented that he looked defeated, after just taking the lead.

This morning GMF commented on it.

Yea, it was an ugly win, but in his presser, he was despondant. You would think he was the losing quarterback.

I don't get it.

Maybe he's come to the conclusion that many of us have: Dorsey just isn't cutting it.

I’m starting to wonder if he just doesn’t deal with adversity well. We won 3 games easily. In the 3 that were close, we lost 2. And this isn’t the first season where we lose close games routinely. It’s like he doesn’t know how to handle it when things don’t go perfectly.

And yes, it’s getting harder and harder to defend Dorsey.
      MiKiDo Facebook
      MiKiDo Website

Comment

• YardRat
        Well, lookie here...
        • Dec 2004

Plus, Allen is struggling trying to find the balance between 'safe Josh' and HeroBall, and that might be part of the reason he looks unhappy during the game. He needs to learn when to unleash the beast and he's probably holding back too much right now.

For any Ted Lasso fans, maybe Allen has gotten a little bit of the Jamie Tartt treatment.
        YardRat Wall of Fame
        #56 DARRYL TALLEY

Comment

• Forward_Lateral
          • Mar 2004

Originally posted by YardRat View Post
          Plus, Allen is struggling trying to find the balance between 'safe Josh' and HeroBall, and that might be part of the reason he looks unhappy during the game. He needs to learn when to unleash the beast and he's probably holding back too much right now.

For any Ted Lasso fans, maybe Allen has gotten a little bit of the Jamie Tartt treatment.
          The play calling has not been doing him any favors either. For the life of me I do not know why they run WR/TE screens. Have they ever had one that got more than 3 yards? Then, when it's 2nd and 9, they call a shot gun run into the back of Morse for no gain. Talk about putting your players in a position to fail. If you got back and look at the losses and yesterday, I guarantee you that this happened multiple times each game.

Josh has the highest completion % of his career. His QB rating going into last night was 105 something and I think 3rd in the NFL. That's what MOST people wanted. A safe JA who takes care of the ball and doesn't do reckless things with it. Well, that's what you got, and now people are complaining?? Even last night, aside from the tipped INT, he played a careful game with no mistakes.

I don't know about you, but that's not what I want to watch. We watched that with Tyrod for 3 years. I, for one, am willing to live with mistakes from trying to do too much. This team needs Josh to do "too much" This team needs him to run. This team needs him to scramble and make back yard plays. This team does not need a mistake free QB who completes 75% of his passes.

Maybe I'm wrong, but it's how I see it right now. I think Josh, for the first time in his life, is worried about making mistakes over worried about making plays, and it's a problem.

Comment

• YardRat
            Well, lookie here...
            • Dec 2004

Originally posted by Forward_Lateral View Post
            The play calling has not been doing him any favors either. For the life of me I do not know why they run WR/TE screens. Have they ever had one that got more than 3 yards? Then, when it's 2nd and 9, they call a shot gun run into the back of Morse for no gain. Talk about putting your players in a position to fail. If you got back and look at the losses and yesterday, I guarantee you that this happened multiple times each game.

Josh has the highest completion % of his career. His QB rating going into last night was 105 something and I think 3rd in the NFL. That's what MOST people wanted. A safe JA who takes care of the ball and doesn't do reckless things with it. Well, that's what you got, and now people are complaining?? Even last night, aside from the tipped INT, he played a careful game with no mistakes.

I don't know about you, but that's not what I want to watch. We watched that with Tyrod for 3 years. I, for one, am willing to live with mistakes from trying to do too much. This team needs Josh to do "too much" This team needs him to run. This team needs him to scramble and make back yard plays. This team does not need a mistake free QB who completes 75% of his passes.

Maybe I'm wrong, but it's how I see it right now. I think Josh, for the first time in his life, is worried about making mistakes over worried about making plays, and it's a problem.
            I pretty much agree. We needed less heroball from Josh but nobody wanted him neutered. He seems to have gone to the other extreme, and as I said before he needs to find the balance between the two, and he's struggling with that.
            YardRat Wall of Fame
            #56 DARRYL TALLEY

Comment

• Typ0
              honey pie
              • Jul 2002

Originally posted by BLUTO View Post
              Assets:

-$3.5 million for his car collection

-$2.5 million in Rolex watches

-$ 2.4 million home in the Buffalo area

-$7.2 million home in in California

-dating a Hollywood celebrity??

Is he out of normal Bills fans price range??
              Dude this is such a classy list compared to hookers and blow. He should bang Taylor to get back at Kelce for 13 seconds. We can have a rematch with TS not sure where to sit.

Comment

• Chet
                Allenhu Joshbar
                • Feb 2017

Originally posted by Typ0 View Post
                Dude this is such a classy list compared to hookers and blow. He should bang Taylor to get back at Kelce for 13 seconds. We can have a rematch with TS not sure where to sit.

Comment

• Novacane
                  • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Historian View Post
                  I do not think he has checked out, but I kinda wonder if there isn't something going on in his personal life that is affecting his psyche.

In the game thread, I commented that he looked defeated, after just taking the lead.

This morning GMF commented on it.

Yea, it was an ugly win, but in his presser, he was despondant. You would think he was the losing quarterback.

I don't get it.

Maybe he's come to the conclusion that many of us have: Dorsey just isn't cutting it.

That's most likely IMO

Comment

• Novacane
                    • Jul 2002

To anyone saying Josh doesn't study film I have one question. How the hell do you know?

Comment

• YardRat
                      Well, lookie here...
                      • Dec 2004

Originally posted by Novacane View Post
                      To anyone saying Josh doesn't study film I have one question. How the hell do you know?
                      Nobody is saying he doesn't study film.
                      YardRat Wall of Fame
                      #56 DARRYL TALLEY

Comment

• Novacane
                        • Jul 2002

Originally posted by YardRat View Post
                        Nobody is saying he doesn't study film.
                        Excuse me. He doesn't study film like Brady. See Chets post. Again.....how the he'll does he know.

Comment

• OpIv37
                          Acid Douching Asswipe
                          • Sep 2002

And back to the original topic: we’re Buffalo. We’re a rust belt city with awful weather that loves hockey. It’s not LA or NYC or Vegas or even DC. We like the hardworking down-to-earth types more than the flashy showoff types who flaunt their fame and wealth.

But if Josh Allen wins a SB, he can bling out like a rap star and I won’t say one word about it.
                          MiKiDo Facebook
                          MiKiDo Website

Comment

• Mace
                            Haha...yeah you think so ?
                            • Mar 2013

I don't understand why people think Allen stopped working with Jordan Palmer.

Palmer discusses working with him this offseason ?

Comment

• Mace
                              Haha...yeah you think so ?
                              • Mar 2013

Comment

• Forward_Lateral
                                • Mar 2004

Originally posted by Mace View Post
                                I don't understand why people think Allen stopped working with Jordan Palmer.

Palmer discusses working with him this offseason ?

https://www.google.com/search?q=josh...A4LC7VSUs,st:0
                                Because people think they know everything.

Comment

Working...
                                X