Is Josh Allen the very normal, simple to please man we think he is?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Forward_Lateral
    • Mar 2004

Re: Is Josh Allen the very normal, simple to please man we think he is?

Originally posted by YardRat View Post
    I pretty much agree. We needed less heroball from Josh but nobody wanted him neutered. He seems to have gone to the other extreme, and as I said before he needs to find the balance between the two, and he's struggling with that.
    They (the coaches) need to remove the fear of making mistakes. If he makes a mistake, live with it and move on. Brett Favre made plenty of horrible mistakes, but nobody told him to reel it in.

Comment

• Mike13
      • Aug 2005

Originally posted by DraftBoy View Post
      Hailee Steinfeld
      Originally posted by OpIv37 View Post
      I seriously have no idea who she is. I had to google her and I don’t think I’ve ever seen anything she’s been in.
      She was in the remake of True Grit when she was a little kid.

Comment

• notacon
        • Aug 2012

Originally posted by OpIv37 View Post
        And back to the original topic: we’re Buffalo. We’re a rust belt city with awful weather that loves hockey. It’s not LA or NYC or Vegas or even DC. We like the hardworking down-to-earth types more than the flashy showoff types who flaunt their fame and wealth.

But if Josh Allen wins a SB, he can bling out like a rap star and I won’t say one word about it.
        $1,000 for lame assumptions, Alex

Hate to tell you but VEGAS is a LOT like Buffalo in that "We like the hardworking down-to-earth types more than the flashy showoff types who flaunt their fame and wealth.”

The backbone of Vegas ARE the hardworking down-to-earth types who clean the hotel rooms, sweat in the kitchen, park the cars, carry the baggage and stand on their feet for 8 hours dealing cards to the "flashy showoff types who flaunt their fame and wealth”.

The locals (for the most part) can’t STAND the "flashy showoff types who flaunt their fame and wealth”. They can't STAND the ****ty tourists that think they can come here and do anything they want....making fools of themselves. The conventioneers that flood the city and let loose because they are away from their spouses.

That’s why we keep them restricted to the Strip. Locals do not go to the Strip. They just work there, putting up with the "flashy showoff types who flaunt their fame and wealth”

The locals LOVE hockey too. The biggest difference between Buffalo and Vegas when it comes to hockey is that we have a WINNER here....from the get go.

Comment

• Chet
          Allenhu Joshbar
          • Feb 2017

Originally posted by Novacane View Post
          Excuse me. He doesn't study film like Brady. See Chets post. Again.....how the he'll does he know.
          He studies film, but not like Brady. That’s a fact.

Because if it is not, and he actually does watch film like Brady, then the alternative reason for him making the same mistakes 3 years in a row is much more alarming: he’s stupid.

I refuse to believe that. His motivation is not what it used to be because he’s surrounded by yes men and losers.

Comment

• YardRat
            Well, lookie here...
            • Dec 2004

Originally posted by Novacane View Post
            Excuse me. He doesn't study film like Brady. See Chets post. Again.....how the he'll does he know.
            "He doesn't study film like Brady" is not "he doesn't study film".

And it's highly likely he doesn't. Probably Brady himself riding Josh's ass all day during the golf match about not being committed enough is ample evidence to at least consider it.
            YardRat Wall of Fame
            #56 DARRYL TALLEY
            #29 DERRICK BURROUGHS#22 FRED JACKSON #95 KYLE WILLIAMS

Comment

• Forward_Lateral
              • Mar 2004

And it's highly likely he doesn't. Probably Brady himself riding Josh's ass all day during the golf match about not being committed enough is ample evidence to at least consider it.
              In fairness, nobody studies film like Brady and BB.

Comment

• Chet
                Allenhu Joshbar
                • Feb 2017

Originally posted by Forward_Lateral View Post
                In fairness, nobody studies film like Brady and BB.
                No doubt about that. It takes sacrifice and a burning ambition to be the best. Mahomes and Reid seem to be on the path, never resting on their laurels

Comment

• Historian
                  2020-2023 AFC East Champions!
                  • Dec 2002

One thing I was thinking about, was the commercial curse.

Normally, it hits the first draft pick, like Mayfield with insurance and RG3 with Subway.

It took the national media a couple years to find Josh Allen out of Wyoming, but now it seems like he is in a lot of commercials, including Sunday ticket.

Yes, I know they are filmed in the off-season, but it's still a big distraction.

Comment

• Forward_Lateral
                    • Mar 2004

Originally posted by Chet View Post
                    No doubt about that. It takes sacrifice and a burning ambition to be the best. Mahomes and Reid seem to be on the path, never resting on their laurels
                    How do you know that?

Are you in the Chiefs' facilities? Do you have insider knowledge?

Anything else is just an assumption, for all you know Mahomes doesn't watch any film.

Comment

• Chet
                      Allenhu Joshbar
                      • Feb 2017

How do you know that?

Are you in the Chiefs' facilities? Do you have insider knowledge?

Anything else is just an assumption, for all you know Mahomes doesn't watch any film.
                      My insider knowledge is that they keep winning SBs and making AFC championships despite multiple roster and coaching changes.

Comment

• Forward_Lateral
                        • Mar 2004

My insider knowledge is that they keep winning SBs and making AFC championships despite multiple roster and coaching changes.
                        That doesn't mean Mahomes studies endless hours of tape or prepares any different than anyone else. You can study film for days, if you don't know what you are studying, it's pointless.

Comment

• Chet
                          Allenhu Joshbar
                          • Feb 2017

That doesn't mean Mahomes studies endless hours of tape or prepares any different than anyone else. You can study film for days, if you don't know what you are studying, it's pointless.
                          What’s your theory then for what the Chiefs have been able to accomplish, and why the Bills have accomplished nothing? I’m sure you have some wild ones

Comment

• OpIv37
                            Acid Douching Asswipe
                            • Sep 2002

Originally posted by notacon View Post
                            $1,000 for lame assumptions, Alex

Hate to tell you but VEGAS is a LOT like Buffalo in that "We like the hardworking down-to-earth types more than the flashy showoff types who flaunt their fame and wealth.”

The backbone of Vegas ARE the hardworking down-to-earth types who clean the hotel rooms, sweat in the kitchen, park the cars, carry the baggage and stand on their feet for 8 hours dealing cards to the "flashy showoff types who flaunt their fame and wealth”.

The locals (for the most part) can’t STAND the "flashy showoff types who flaunt their fame and wealth”. They can't STAND the ****ty tourists that think they can come here and do anything they want....making fools of themselves. The conventioneers that flood the city and let loose because they are away from their spouses.

That’s why we keep them restricted to the Strip. Locals do not go to the Strip. They just work there, putting up with the "flashy showoff types who flaunt their fame and wealth”

The locals LOVE hockey too. The biggest difference between Buffalo and Vegas when it comes to hockey is that we have a WINNER here....from the get go.
                            Yet, the city makes all their money off the show offs who flaunt their fame and wealth, and the only reason they are able to do that is because the city promotes itself as a place where people can do whatever they want. “What happens in Vegas stays in Vegas.”

I get it. I’ve lived in places that attract tourists. They’re annoying as hell. I’ve been a tourist in places where you can feel the hostility from the locals. I’m sure the Vegas locals are annoyed by the tourists, but the city has made “rich tourists acting like *******s” the backbone of the economy.

As far as hockey, well Vegas was handed a winner. The expansion draft was designed to make them instantly successful. And, I’ve never been there, but I highly doubt anyone there cared about hockey before they were gift wrapped a winner as their first major professional team. If the NBA was first, they’d love basketball. If MLB was first, they’d love baseball, etc.
                            MiKiDo Facebook
                            MiKiDo Website

Comment

• Forward_Lateral
                              • Mar 2004

What’s your theory then for what the Chiefs have been able to accomplish, and why the Bills have accomplished nothing? I’m sure you have some wild ones
                              13 seconds of idiotic coaching and playing

Comment

• notacon
                                • Aug 2012

Brady was also "riding Josh's ass all day during the golf match about" him being fat and chubby.

Sorry, but your "evidence" is not only NOT "ample" it's absurdly silly.

The "fact" is that no one here knows that "He (Josh) studies film, but not like Brady."...and saying that is a "fact" is also absurdly silly.

No surprise this crap is coming from two of the Negative Nancy's that plague this forum.

Comment

Working...
                                X