Is Josh Allen the very normal, simple to please man we think he is?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • OpIv37
    Acid Douching Asswipe
    • Sep 2002

Re: Is Josh Allen the very normal, simple to please man we think he is?

Originally posted by DraftBoy View Post
    Hailee Steinfeld
    I seriously have no idea who she is. I had to google her and I don’t think I’ve ever seen anything she’s been in.
    MiKiDo Facebook
    MiKiDo Website

Comment

• Bill Cody
      • Sep 2004

Watches are dumb. The time is right on your phone. And they're annoying to wear. Other than that go Josh

Comment

• Woodman
        Legendary Zoner
        • Apr 2014

images.jpg

“It breaks your heart when someone leaves and you don’t know why.”

"It may be raining but there's a rainbow above you"

Former President Donald Trump early Thursday touted the results of a new NPR/PBSNewsHour/Marist poll showing him ahead of President Joe Biden by 8 percentage points among independents.

Comment

• Goobylal
          • Jan 2004

Originally posted by DraftBoy View Post
          True, but cars tend to hold value better than watches.
          Like the car, depends on the watch and the care and use of it. Mass produced ones depreciate.

Comment

• notacon
            • Aug 2012

Originally posted by sukie View Post
            Josh has never turned a kid down for an autograph. Taking cleats off and signing for the two shy brothers behind the line,
            hugging fans, signing babies… the guy gives back. That is his character. He’s considered the nicest of one of the nicest Gus in football.

His stuff is nothing. Doesn’t take away from the young man that was obviously raised right.
            This encapsulates what Josh Allen is all about....

I sense some extreme envy with why this thread was even started. It’s SPAM!!!!

Comment

• Woodman
              Legendary Zoner
              • Apr 2014

Originally posted by notacon View Post
              This encapsulates what Josh Allen is all about....

I sense some extreme envy with why this thread was even started. It’s SPAM!!!!
              It's entertainment .... is it good .... probably not but whateva.

Former President Donald Trump early Thursday touted the results of a new NPR/PBSNewsHour/Marist poll showing him ahead of President Joe Biden by 8 percentage points among independents.

Comment

• sahlensguy
                • Mar 2015

Yes. He shovels. He's one of us.

16694185397006-1.jpg

Comment

• Woodman
                  Legendary Zoner
                  • Apr 2014

Originally posted by sahlensguy View Post
                  Yes. He shovels. He's one of us.

[ATTACH]19893[/ATTACH]
                  No coat either he's definitely one of our's.

Comment

• BLUTO
                    • Mar 2017

Originally posted by BLUTO View Post
                    Assets:

-$3.5 million for his car collection

-$2.5 million in Rolex watches

-$ 2.4 million home in the Buffalo area

-$7.2 million home in in California

-dating a Hollywood celebrity??

Is he out of normal Bills fans price range??
                    THE POINT is - - is he really interested, devoted to being an NFL QB?

Comment

• kscdogbillsfan1221
                      • Nov 2007

Originally posted by BLUTO View Post
                      THE POINT is - - is he really interested, devoted to being an NFL QB?
                      Because he has a high income and has spent money on expensive things??

should he drive a Honda civic, wear a swatch and marry an ugly, fat *****

would that make you happy ??
                      I came.
                      I saw.
                      I conquered.

Comment

• Novacane
                        • Jul 2002

And once again the point is a dumb one

Comment

• Chet
                          Allenhu Joshbar
                          • Feb 2017

The OP didn’t articulate his point particularly well and is going with the “money and fame changed him” narrative.

With that said, he is right about Josh’s devotion to his craft. The reason for it is wholly different, however.

Josh from 2019-2021 was hungry to learn the game, prove doubters wrong, and showcase his immense talents. He sought out more one-on-one with Jordan Palmer, picked the brain of and was willing to take constructive criticism from Brian Daboll, dedicated himself to film study and went above and beyond in the off-season leading up to 2020 to get on the same page with his new superstar WR.

Brian Daboll is long since gone and he inexplicably did not retain the services of Jordan Palmer. Now he is surrounded by yes men coaches who have reached the limit of their capabilities and who know their job security is tied to whether Josh gets along with them. So Dorsey and McD coddle him and—to borrow a brilliant line from Whiplash—repeatedly tell him the two most harmful words in the English language: “Good Job.” Nobody dare rock the boat around him and suggest he hits the film room or dedicates himself to improving his craft with Jordan Palmer, because that would take away from celebrity golf or softball tournaments, commercials, or hanging out in LA with the stars.

Only one person in this organization has taken him to task: Stefon Diggs, and he has been duly vilified by the aww shucks contingent of the Bills fan base, and their townie local media. Buffalo media and “some” fans have always preferred nice guys over winners.

Anyways, this is why you get the typical Josh Allen half-hearted mea culpas after losses and/or dog**** performances. He says all the right things because he learned from Brady not to say anything remotely controversial. But unlike Brady, he won’t immediately pour over the gamefilm till the wee hours, nor will get in teammates’ or coaches’ faces when they are uninspired and failing their duties.

I still love him to death and think he is more than capable of winning a SB, but you can tell he is physically tired and mentally checked out. Reminds me of that A football life episode with Troy Aikman when he lamented that once Jimmy left there was no one to hold the team accountable and it just drained him.

Comment

• sahlensguy
                            • Mar 2015

Originally posted by Chet View Post
                            The OP didn’t articulate his point particularly well and is going with the “money and fame changed him” narrative.

With that said, he is right about Josh’s devotion to his craft. The reason for it is wholly different, however.

Josh from 2019-2021 was hungry to learn the game, prove doubters wrong, and showcase his immense talents. He sought out more one-on-one with Jordan Palmer, picked the brain of and was willing to take constructive criticism from Brian Daboll, dedicated himself to film study and went above and beyond in the off-season leading up to 2020 to get on the same page with his new superstar WR.

Brian Daboll is long since gone and he inexplicably did not retain the services of Jordan Palmer. Now he is surrounded by yes men coaches who have reached the limit of their capabilities and who know their job security is tied to whether Josh gets along with them. So Dorsey and McD coddle him and—to borrow a brilliant line from Whiplash—repeatedly tell him the two most harmful words in the English language: “Good Job.” Nobody dare rock the boat around him and suggest he hits the film room or dedicates himself to improving his craft with Jordan Palmer, because that would take away from celebrity golf or softball tournaments, commercials, or hanging out in LA with the stars.

Only one person in this organization has taken him to task: Stefon Diggs, and he has been duly vilified by the aww shucks contingent of the Bills fan base, and their townie local media. Buffalo media and “some” fans have always preferred nice guys over winners.

Anyways, this is why you get the typical Josh Allen half-hearted mea culpas after losses and/or dog**** performances. He says all the right things because he learned from Brady not to say anything remotely controversial. But unlike Brady, he won’t immediately pour over the gamefilm till the wee hours, nor will get in teammates’ or coaches’ faces when they are uninspired and failing their duties.

I still love him to death and think he is more than capable of winning a SB, but you can tell he is physically tired and mentally checked out. Reminds me of that A football life episode with Troy Aikman when he lamented that once Jimmy left there was no one to hold the team accountable and it just drained him.
                            Josh Allen is the Shaquille O'Neal of the NFL, minus the rings. Both had the greatest gifts ever and the talent to possibly be the goat, but neither strived for it.
                            Last edited by sahlensguy; 10-16-2023, 07:36 AM.

Comment

• Historian
                              2020-2023 AFC East Champions!
                              • Dec 2002

Originally posted by Chet View Post
                              Originally posted by The Historian in another thread
                              Allen looks defeated on the sideline.
                              I do not think he has checked out, but I kinda wonder if there isn't something going on in his personal life that is affecting his psyche.

In the game thread, I commented that he looked defeated, after just taking the lead.

This morning GMF commented on it.

Yea, it was an ugly win, but in his presser, he was despondant. You would think he was the losing quarterback.

I don't get it.

Maybe he's come to the conclusion that many of us have: Dorsey just isn't cutting it.

Comment

• Chet
                                Allenhu Joshbar
                                • Feb 2017

Originally posted by Historian View Post
                                I do not think he has checked out, but I kinda wonder if there isn't something going on in his personal life that is affecting his psyche.

In the game thread, I commented that he looked defeated, after just taking the lead.

This morning GMF commented on it.

Yea, it was an ugly win, but in his presser, he was despondant. You would think he was the losing quarterback.

I don't get it.

Maybe he's come to the conclusion that many of us have: Dorsey just isn't cutting it.

Good points all around, although I don’t think it’s a personal life issue since his folks are alive and well, he’s with a Hollywood actress, and hasn’t been through a messy divorce nor does he have kids.

I think your last sentence summed it up in a nutshell. He’s seeing no offensive growth whatsoever and there’s nobody on the O he can trust outside of Diggs. He is joyless out there. If Shanahan, Reid, McVay, Pederson, Daboll, McDaniel or others were calling the plays he’d be having the time of his life.

He knows the team isn’t good enough and after several years now he’s too exhausted to feign excitement

Comment

Working...
                                X