• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • DetoxTent
    • Sep 2023

Re: Levi

Originally posted by jamze132 View Post
    Ulmark would be nice to have.
    Ullmark is not as good as he looks. He only looks good because of the team that is playing in front of him. The past 2 or 3 months, UPL has been every bit as good as Ullmark if not betterl The issue is the team that plays in front of him sucks. The Sabres need a solid veteran pair of defenders as starters, not Dahlin (Mr I think I'm Bobby Orr) and whoever. Samuelsson wasn't playing too well before he got hurt. Power is a wet-behind-ears kid who badly needed a year or 2 in the AHL, just like Levi. Connor Clifton brought the Boston attitude/work ethic with him, which is a breath of fresh air. Young Johnson and Joki are solid 2nd/3rd pairing guys. Eric Johnson is going to get traded any day now. Then Oloffson (thank God) and maybe more. Sellers we have become.

Comment

• mightysimi
      Buckle me in on the highway of sin
      • Mar 2010

Originally posted by JATMtheJATM View Post
      Well he also dominated at the college level. Goalies are voodoo. Levi might end up going busy, but he definitely earned his stock increase
      Not sure there is a history of NCAA goalies stepping in right away and playing well. It's not anywhere near the same level.

Even guys who played in NCAA that ended up being good like Hellebuyck or Demko played multiple years in the minors.

I agree goalies are voodoo and one can get hot at any minute but he will always be a guy that needs to do more than say guys like Helle or Demko due to his size. You know as a goalie that 80% of it is being in the right spot. when you are bigger, more stuff hits you when you are in the right spot. It really is just basic physics. For every guy who is Saros, there are 100's that aren't due to size.

Again, I am cheering for him as I want/need him to succeed. I just worry about it based on recent NHL history.

Comment

• JATMtheJATM
        • Aug 2012

Originally posted by mightysimi View Post
        Not sure there is a history of NCAA goalies stepping in right away and playing well. It's not anywhere near the same level.

Even guys who played in NCAA that ended up being good like Hellebuyck or Demko played multiple years in the minors.

I agree goalies are voodoo and one can get hot at any minute but he will always be a guy that needs to do more than say guys like Helle or Demko due to his size. You know as a goalie that 80% of it is being in the right spot. when you are bigger, more stuff hits you when you are in the right spot. It really is just basic physics. For every guy who is Saros, there are 100's that aren't due to size.

Again, I am cheering for him as I want/need him to succeed. I just worry about it based on recent NHL history.
        It seems the sabres have learned from his down play and he's sticking in Roch for a while.

Even Miller was bad in the NHL until he was 25 (one game he was shellacked by the wings and was crying in the locker room)

I get he has shown flashes. I get there was hype around him. He shouldn't have been in Buffalo for so long once it was evident he wasn't ready.
        Flag of Ukraine.svg

Comment

• mightysimi
          Buckle me in on the highway of sin
          • Mar 2010

Yeah agree with the last point for sure. I hope he can turn it around, I always cheer for the smaller guys knowing the deck is stacked against them for the most part.

Comment

• JATMtheJATM
            • Aug 2012

Originally posted by mightysimi View Post
            Yeah agree with the last point for sure. I hope he can turn it around, I always cheer for the smaller guys knowing the deck is stacked against them for the most part.
            And part of that last part is the absolute incompetence of Adams to address a weakness. Leaving a green, unready prospect up in the National League because he's the better option than your true backup?

Then you go out, and you get a backup. A backup can't cost that much to acquire on the trade market. Or ****, there's gotta be free agents who they can try. Just insane to me
            Flag of Ukraine.svg

Comment

Working...
            X