Results 1 to 20 of 20

Thread: Levi

  1. #1
    Registered User jamze132's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    Virginia
    Posts
    29,041
    Thanks
    7,729
    Thanked 5,829 Times in 3,486 Posts
    Power to Give Rep
    104

    Levi

    He was highly touted? Guy sucks!

  2. #2
    Registered User DetoxTent's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2023
    Posts
    553
    Thanks
    237
    Thanked 110 Times in 94 Posts
    Power to Give Rep
    2

    Re: Levi

    Well, perhaps, they coaches should be seasoning him in the AHL for awhile?

  3. #3
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    grand rapids
    Posts
    58,730
    Thanks
    12,162
    Thanked 16,476 Times in 12,024 Posts
    Power to Give Rep
    141

    Re: Levi

    Set up to fail. No one jumps from college to pro. This guy isn't the exception. They're gonna ruin this kid
    Flag of Ukraine.svg

  4. #4
    Registered User DetoxTent's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2023
    Posts
    553
    Thanks
    237
    Thanked 110 Times in 94 Posts
    Power to Give Rep
    2

    Re: Levi

    Mercifully they pulled him after 5 goals against. Should have done it after 3rd one IMO.

  5. #5
    Registered User sukie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    21,269
    Thanks
    4,495
    Thanked 9,136 Times in 5,881 Posts
    Power to Give Rep
    63

    Re: Levi

    Rebound in traffic… D let 2 Bruins stand on top of him… 1-0
    one time cross ice pass… no chance top shelf… 2-0
    3 on one break… 3-0

  6. #6
    Peterman Sucks! Mr. Pink's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    the fifth ring of hell
    Posts
    35,303
    Thanks
    2,755
    Thanked 10,254 Times in 6,469 Posts
    Power to Give Rep
    97

    Re: Levi

    Said it last April, the kid isn't ready for the NHL.

    Same stuff going on as then.

  7. #7
    Legendary Zoner Woodman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    63,803
    Thanks
    5,597
    Thanked 7,553 Times in 6,112 Posts
    Power to Give Rep
    178

    Re: Levi

    Waited far too long.
    28 **60 ***128 **133 **144
    160 *163 ** 200 **204 **248

  8. #8
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    grand rapids
    Posts
    58,730
    Thanks
    12,162
    Thanked 16,476 Times in 12,024 Posts
    Power to Give Rep
    141

    Re: Levi

    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Pink View Post
    Said it last April, the kid isn't ready for the NHL.

    Same stuff going on as then.
    They didn't have a choice last April. They do now

  9. #9
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    grand rapids
    Posts
    58,730
    Thanks
    12,162
    Thanked 16,476 Times in 12,024 Posts
    Power to Give Rep
    141

    Re: Levi

    I'm cautious about this, but it almost looks like the Sabres are utilizing Levi in an aggressive way. They're sending him to Roch to get games in, but when UPL needs a break, they're calling him up to play a single game. Not an ideal plan, but way better than leaving him to back up UPL

    But also, it is the Sabres week off, so maybe they plan on recalling him long term once that breaks
    Last edited by JATMtheJATM; 02-02-2024 at 09:01 AM.

  10. #10
    Registered User jamze132's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    Virginia
    Posts
    29,041
    Thanks
    7,729
    Thanked 5,829 Times in 3,486 Posts
    Power to Give Rep
    104

    Re: Levi

    UPL was looking semi-decent before the break. Something needs to click for one of these guys if we have any shot at the playoffs.

  11. #11
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    grand rapids
    Posts
    58,730
    Thanks
    12,162
    Thanked 16,476 Times in 12,024 Posts
    Power to Give Rep
    141

    Re: Levi

    Quote Originally Posted by jamze132 View Post
    UPL was looking semi-decent before the break. Something needs to click for one of these guys if we have any shot at the playoffs.
    We really don't unless they rattle off like 8 of 10 and have a 6-2-2 pace after that.

    At least Levi is getting time in Roch

  12. #12
    Buckle me in on the highway of sin mightysimi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Victoria
    Posts
    6,274
    Thanks
    929
    Thanked 2,015 Times in 1,379 Posts
    Power to Give Rep
    28

    Re: Levi

    I think highly touted is a stretch. He was a 7th round pick but was a hot name after his world junior run.

    I sure hope he turns out as Canada is running out of goalies that don't assault people.

  13. #13
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    grand rapids
    Posts
    58,730
    Thanks
    12,162
    Thanked 16,476 Times in 12,024 Posts
    Power to Give Rep
    141

    Re: Levi

    Quote Originally Posted by mightysimi View Post
    I think highly touted is a stretch. He was a 7th round pick but was a hot name after his world junior run.

    I sure hope he turns out as Canada is running out of goalies that don't assault people.
    Well he also dominated at the college level. Goalies are voodoo. Levi might end up going busy, but he definitely earned his stock increase

  14. #14
    Registered User jamze132's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    Virginia
    Posts
    29,041
    Thanks
    7,729
    Thanked 5,829 Times in 3,486 Posts
    Power to Give Rep
    104

    Re: Levi

    Ulmark would be nice to have.

  15. #15
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    grand rapids
    Posts
    58,730
    Thanks
    12,162
    Thanked 16,476 Times in 12,024 Posts
    Power to Give Rep
    141

    Re: Levi

    Quote Originally Posted by jamze132 View Post
    Ulmark would be nice to have.
    Sabres jerked him around. Similar to Reinhart. didn't prioritize him when contract talk came around, and he bolted

  16. Post thanked by:

    jamze132 (02-06-2024)

  17. #16
    Registered User DetoxTent's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2023
    Posts
    553
    Thanks
    237
    Thanked 110 Times in 94 Posts
    Power to Give Rep
    2

    Re: Levi

    Quote Originally Posted by jamze132 View Post
    Ulmark would be nice to have.
    Ullmark is not as good as he looks. He only looks good because of the team that is playing in front of him. The past 2 or 3 months, UPL has been every bit as good as Ullmark if not betterl The issue is the team that plays in front of him sucks. The Sabres need a solid veteran pair of defenders as starters, not Dahlin (Mr I think I'm Bobby Orr) and whoever. Samuelsson wasn't playing too well before he got hurt. Power is a wet-behind-ears kid who badly needed a year or 2 in the AHL, just like Levi. Connor Clifton brought the Boston attitude/work ethic with him, which is a breath of fresh air. Young Johnson and Joki are solid 2nd/3rd pairing guys. Eric Johnson is going to get traded any day now. Then Oloffson (thank God) and maybe more. Sellers we have become.

  18. #17
    Buckle me in on the highway of sin mightysimi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Victoria
    Posts
    6,274
    Thanks
    929
    Thanked 2,015 Times in 1,379 Posts
    Power to Give Rep
    28

    Re: Levi

    Quote Originally Posted by JATMtheJATM View Post
    Well he also dominated at the college level. Goalies are voodoo. Levi might end up going busy, but he definitely earned his stock increase
    Not sure there is a history of NCAA goalies stepping in right away and playing well. It's not anywhere near the same level.

    Even guys who played in NCAA that ended up being good like Hellebuyck or Demko played multiple years in the minors.

    I agree goalies are voodoo and one can get hot at any minute but he will always be a guy that needs to do more than say guys like Helle or Demko due to his size. You know as a goalie that 80% of it is being in the right spot. when you are bigger, more stuff hits you when you are in the right spot. It really is just basic physics. For every guy who is Saros, there are 100's that aren't due to size.

    Again, I am cheering for him as I want/need him to succeed. I just worry about it based on recent NHL history.

  19. #18
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    grand rapids
    Posts
    58,730
    Thanks
    12,162
    Thanked 16,476 Times in 12,024 Posts
    Power to Give Rep
    141

    Re: Levi

    Quote Originally Posted by mightysimi View Post
    Not sure there is a history of NCAA goalies stepping in right away and playing well. It's not anywhere near the same level.

    Even guys who played in NCAA that ended up being good like Hellebuyck or Demko played multiple years in the minors.

    I agree goalies are voodoo and one can get hot at any minute but he will always be a guy that needs to do more than say guys like Helle or Demko due to his size. You know as a goalie that 80% of it is being in the right spot. when you are bigger, more stuff hits you when you are in the right spot. It really is just basic physics. For every guy who is Saros, there are 100's that aren't due to size.

    Again, I am cheering for him as I want/need him to succeed. I just worry about it based on recent NHL history.
    It seems the sabres have learned from his down play and he's sticking in Roch for a while.

    Even Miller was bad in the NHL until he was 25 (one game he was shellacked by the wings and was crying in the locker room)

    I get he has shown flashes. I get there was hype around him. He shouldn't have been in Buffalo for so long once it was evident he wasn't ready.

  20. #19
    Buckle me in on the highway of sin mightysimi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Victoria
    Posts
    6,274
    Thanks
    929
    Thanked 2,015 Times in 1,379 Posts
    Power to Give Rep
    28

    Re: Levi

    Yeah agree with the last point for sure. I hope he can turn it around, I always cheer for the smaller guys knowing the deck is stacked against them for the most part.

  21. #20
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    grand rapids
    Posts
    58,730
    Thanks
    12,162
    Thanked 16,476 Times in 12,024 Posts
    Power to Give Rep
    141

    Re: Levi

    Quote Originally Posted by mightysimi View Post
    Yeah agree with the last point for sure. I hope he can turn it around, I always cheer for the smaller guys knowing the deck is stacked against them for the most part.
    And part of that last part is the absolute incompetence of Adams to address a weakness. Leaving a green, unready prospect up in the National League because he's the better option than your true backup?

    Then you go out, and you get a backup. A backup can't cost that much to acquire on the trade market. Or ****, there's gotta be free agents who they can try. Just insane to me

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •