Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Josh Allen post game.

Registered User Forward_Lateral's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,958 Times in 4,196 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Re: Josh Allen post game.

Quote Originally Posted by notacon View Post
    Jesus. The point is that the rush to put 100% of the blame on Gabe Davis is ignorant (as in we have no idea). But, blatant lying is a whole other thing. The fact is that there are a myriad of ways to "cover for a teammate" and "take blame" without saying what Josh said.

Of course I do not expect Josh to say ""Oh man it's not my fault, Gabe ran the wrong route." how obtuse and silly.

It was an "option" play so there was no "wrong route"

What he could have said was....

"It was a communication problem"

"We were not on the same page"

"I thought Gabe was going to go inside, he thought I was going to throw outside".

And on and on and on.

The point is that WE DO NOT KNOW!!!

I suspect that some posters don't like Gabe Davis and want him off the team, and will make knee jerk decisions on something they have no earthy idea about, and crap on him no matter what.
    For a guy who posts constant diatribes of information about the game of football, you sure do seem to not know a whole lot.

In that play situation, there was CLEARLY an all out blitz by Philly. CLEARLY nobody in the middle of the field. On what planet, what playbook, what offense would the WR's choice route lead him to run a post corner in that situation?

NONE.

Gabe screwed up. Period.

The fact that we are even arguing this is asinine.

For the record, I like Gabe, and think they should re-sign him. He is a great blocking WR, and never pisses and moans, or throws tempter tantrums when he doesn't get his way, like some of the other players on the offense.

He made a mistake, hopefully in the same situation down the road he doesn't make that same mistake.

2. Post thanked by:

Lone Stranger (11-29-2023),sukie (11-28-2023)

Thanks
    Thanked 9,016 Times in 5,803 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Gabe did make a mistake you could see the anger at himself just after. It wasn’t him being helmet smashingly mad at Josh.

anyone including sports writers, Coaches and former players no this. Safeties missing means real estate and man cover

4. Post thanked by:

acehole (11-28-2023)

Registered User Forward_Lateral's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,958 Times in 4,196 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by sukie View Post
    Gabe did make a mistake you could see the anger at himself just after. It wasnít him being helmet smashingly mad at Josh.

anyone including sports writers, Coaches and former players no this. Safeties missing means real estate and man cover
    See, even Sukie knows, and he was switched at birth

6. Post thanked by:

sukie (11-28-2023)

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by Forward_Lateral View Post
    See, even Sukie knows, and he was switched at birth
    Wait, what?

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by Canadian'eh! View Post
    Seriously . Go write a novel about it. 2000 words of empty stupidity. Your football takes are the worst Iíve ever seen. They should hire you and just do the opposite of whatever you say. Laughably dumb.
    You can say that again.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by sukie View Post
    Gabe did make a mistake you could see the anger at himself just after. It wasn’t him being helmet smashingly mad at Josh.
    You read the Davis helmet smash incorrectly.

Bills' Gabe Davis says he and Josh Allen both made mistake during OT miss

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by DetoxTent View Post
    So Josh should have thrown outside while Davis turns in? There is only 1 mistake either Josh throwing to the safety-less part of the field or Gabe went wrong way.

you pick. Impossible to be both.

Thanks
    Thanked 11,519 Times in 7,614 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

For a guy who posts constant diatribes of information about the game of football, you sure do seem to not know a whole lot.

In that play situation, there was CLEARLY an all out blitz by Philly. CLEARLY nobody in the middle of the field. On what planet, what playbook, what offense would the WR's choice route lead him to run a post corner in that situation?

NONE.

Gabe screwed up. Period.

For the record, I like Gabe, and think they should re-sign him. He is a great blocking WR, and never pisses and moans, or throws tempter tantrums when he doesn't get his way, like some of the other players on the offense.

He made a mistake, hopefully in the same situation down the road he doesn't make that same mistake.
    Sorry buddy, but I am simply saying that we do not know who was at fault. You can speculate all you want. Yes, I do believe that most likely it was more on Gabe than Josh.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

BTW....in another thread we hear this from Joe Brady....

THIS is why I say "we don't KNOW".

It does seem like the Bills locker room is full of leaders.

Here, there is a rush to point fingers based on ignorance (as in not knowing, but speculating) . Not apparently in the Bills locker room.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

All the WR I hear say if safeties pressure the center of the field is the play. Both cannot NOT be at fault. Both cannot be at fault. Anything that says that is lip service and not bus tossing anyone.

doesnt matter . No one is perfect and. Lame assigning doesnít change the outcome.

I hope McD never calls a cover zero blitz ever again. Cost us last 2 games.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

NONE.

Gabe screwed up. Period.

Sal Capaccio posted a link to the Rochester CBS affiliate, WROC, podcast that had "former D-1 cornerback" Carl Jones (Syracuse University) saying that in his experienced opinion, Josh Allen was at fault for the missed OT pass.

His analysis starts at the 2:50 mark of the podcast....

So, just stop with the stupid 'if you don't agree with my (meaning your) ignorant (as in not knowing) opinion you "sure don't seem to know a whole lot" about football.

What...are you going to pull that lame card on Carl Jones too??? Carl Jones, basically says the OPPOSITE of your statement "In that play situation, there was CLEARLY an all out blitz by Philly. CLEARLY nobody in the middle of the field. On what planet, what playbook, what offense would the WR's choice route lead him to run a post corner in that situation? "

Listen to what he says for yourself.

I watched the All-22 of that play, and it sure looks like Gabe Davis was ALWAYS goinbg on the outside, and had his man beat cleanly. Should have been an easy TD pass for Josh.

Here are some screen shots....(have to have separate posts)....the pics are lacking in contrast because that's what happens when you pause NFL+ Premium ALl-22 film.

Attachment 20011

Gabe is already on the outside of Slay and has a step on him.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Attachment 20012

Gabe is already past Slay on the outside as Josh let's to ball go. There is ZERO indication that Gabe is even thinking of going inside. He's got Slay dead to rights.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Attachment 20013

Gabe beat the crap out of Slay, on the outside. It would have been dumb of him to go inside.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Attachment 20014

Missed opportunity. Like Josh said, he guessed wrong.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Last night, I realized that the Carl Jones analysis was not only a podcast but on video as well. Here it is....the pertinent observation still starts at the 2:50 mark...

Not surprisingly they cite still images from the All-22 film that I posted before I saw this.

Just to be sure, I re-watched the ALl-22 view of that play several times. Carl Jone's observations are pretty astute....although there is not slam-dunk evidence of either All OR Davis being "100% at fault) (which is the nonsensical knee-jerk reactions from some posters that I originally objected to).

As well as the utterly absurd smear that one does not "know a whole lot about football" because they don't agree with the "100% Davis fault" baloney.

The fact is that Davis had Slay dead to rights, and Gabe was on the OUTSIDE with Slay flatfooted and INSIDE. Davis had plenty of green grass ahead of him (on the OUTSIDE) with NO DEFENDER there, with more than enough room for Josh to easily throw thow ball for the winning TD.

There was zero reason for Gabe to try and run through Slay to go inside. None.

Additionally, despite the fact that Philly blitzed, there was no one even close to Josh when he let go of the ball. If he hangs onto the ball for another split second and saw Gabe breaking to the corner of the end zone....easy throw.