Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: Keep the HC and look forward to 2024

Haha...yeah you think so ? Mace's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 16,494 Times in 9,189 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Re: Keep the HC and look forward to 2024

Quote Originally Posted by cookie G View Post
    Listening to some of the names thrown out here....ugh...

Eric Bienemy-He wanted his shot at calling plays without Andy Reid. Ok, he got it. Washington is 22nd in the league in scoring. Their passing yards ranking is a little higher (12th) but that's because ...well...Washington passes more than anyone in the league.

Kliff Klingsbury? Really? He's the king of the 2nd half dive.
    Figuring you mean me, because I mentioned Kingsbury, and also recanted in a later post.

I'm not going to blame Kingsbury for Kyler Murray who has some well documented issues, or Bienemy for Sam Howell and Ron Rivera, along with the appropriate levels of talent on their offenses. That said, I'll say again they both need to start a program not jump late in someone elses'.

I agree with your candidates, but again, wonder about their potential coordinators, thoughts on GM and interaction with a capped vet roster used to being a relative contender. It's a pickle, and still elementary because I don't think Pegula boots McDermott (no matter what I want) even if we don't make the playoffs.

I'm kind of mortified at wasting more Allen, but it looks inevitable to me.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by notacon View Post
    Talk about "ignorance". It's irrelevant that Josh "the 2nd lowest in turnover to td ratio this year of any QB"....when the INTS that he DOES throw have had a devastating effect on wins and loses. SO much so that opposing defenses are game planning for exactly that and know how to goad Josh into making stupid throws.

In fact, that was the game plan for the two most damaging losses vs NE and Denver. NE in particular (at that time) would get behind early in games and were not built to come back. They purposely PLANNED on picking Josh off early and did exactly that on his first freakin' throw.....gift wrapping the Pats a 10 point lead and giving their team a shot in the arm that they rode to the biggest upset of the season for the Bills.

Same thing against Denver. Although the first drive was a fumble (not by Josh, thankfully) but then on the very next drive, he throws a terrible INT at the Denver 12 yard line. Then after finally getting a TD after two inept possessions ending in punts, and cutting the lead to one (9-8) then holding Denver to a FG (Denver ahead 12-8)....on the next drive the very first play he throws another INT.

There have been only two games this season that Josh has not thrown a INT....Both of those games were their biggest blow out wins.

Yeah....being "the 2nd lowest in turnover to td ratio this year of any QB" and $5 gets you a cup of Starbucks coffee, and throwing INTS (besides talking about his inopportune fumbles) in some of the worst times gets a team a 6-6 hole.
    I don't think anyone is laughing but you.

You have no idea what you are talking about.

Blow out? less then 6 pts is not a blow out.

I guess the alternative is a safe guy who doest give you td's?

Jets and NE come to mind? We don't have that kind of defense to hold teams to low scores. It all works together...with run game.

I think the more you post to dig yourself out of your stupid narratives the more you reveal about you not me.

I guess your type are used to just saying words and asserting them and think it's the truth ,....while at the same time hope nobody notices?

Good luck with that. You should have taken my advice to use less words and acting like the smarted guy in the room.
    From now on best to ignore to not feed the attention seeking.
    Hated by the stupid..
    Loved by their moms.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

I have to say what Mc Dermot said defies any logic.
    The worst part about the article is the"archetype" he carries late in games.

When you play that afraid as the leader you draw that energy to the team.
    You look at the guy in the fox hole and if he is in command he has to be the first one out fearless against the enemy.

If he is a pacing sissy ***** wringing his hands on the sideline when the game is on the line...he is the sole reason this team has no killer instinct and folds late in games.
    I am not saying to be a cowboy but scared money loses pots.

People say stupid things all the time. Ok Apology accepted.

What is not acceptable is to have more weapons then your opponent and getting outclassed and out maneuvered and playing not to lose.

There is redemption in this seasons lets hope he leaves the tampons home when he goes to KC.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,407 Times in 1,497 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Sometimes I feel NFL coaches, including McDermott, OVER manage in the end of the game. What if you just go with your normal defense as you have been doing all game long, applying what you learned thruout the game (i.e. adjustments) of course. Would 13 seconds, 12 men on the field stuff still happen?

5. Post thanked by:

kscdogbillsfan1221 (12-08-2023)

Registered User kscdogbillsfan1221's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,899 Times in 2,082 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by ghz in pittsburgh View Post
    Sometimes I feel NFL coaches, including McDermott, OVER manage in the end of the game. What if you just go with your normal defense as you have been doing all game long, applying what you learned thruout the game (i.e. adjustments) of course. Would 13 seconds, 12 men on the field stuff still happen?
    Yup
    with you totally there

he and others overthink themselves in these situations instead of just doing what has worked before
    I came.
    I saw.
    I conquered.

Thanks
    Thanked 9,893 Times in 4,017 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by Mace View Post
    Figuring you mean me, because I mentioned Kingsbury, and also recanted in a later post.

I'm not going to blame Kingsbury for Kyler Murray who has some well documented issues, or Bienemy for Sam Howell and Ron Rivera, along with the appropriate levels of talent on their offenses. That said, I'll say again they both need to start a program not jump late in someone elses'.

I agree with your candidates, but again, wonder about their potential coordinators, thoughts on GM and interaction with a capped vet roster used to being a relative contender. It's a pickle, and still elementary because I don't think Pegula boots McDermott (no matter what I want) even if we don't make the playoffs.

I'm kind of mortified at wasting more Allen, but it looks inevitable to me.
    Yeah well, i have the feeling we are going to be mortified, no matter what happens.

Ok, again. They get rid of McD. People are sooo sure the next coaching hire is going to be the one.

Pegula is 0 for 6 in hiring for the Sabres, who are in an 11 year ( 12 year ?) playoff drought. He's 1 for 2 in hiring for the Bills. 1-7 overall.

Ever think he just got lucky on McD?

Pegula seems like a decent guy and I'm sure he wants to win. And he isn't shy about spending money.

But him selecting the next coach of the the Bills, which he will...well I'll just say I see another drought coming.

Pegula didn't just become a sports franchise guru at the age of 72.

Thanks
    Thanked 10,254 Times in 6,469 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Yeah well, i have the feeling we are going to be mortified, no matter what happens.

Ok, again. They get rid of McD. People are sooo sure the next coaching hire is going to be the one.

Pegula is 0 for 6 in hiring for the Sabres, who are in an 11 year ( 12 year ?) playoff drought. He's 1 for 2 in hiring for the Bills. 1-7 overall.

Pegula seems like a decent guy and I'm sure he wants to win. And he isn't shy about spending money.

But him selecting the next coach of the the Bills, which he will...well I'll just say I see another drought coming.

This isn't the 2000s Bills where we would be getting scrap heap chumps at HC. We'd have our pick of pretty much anyone. It's a pretty glamorous job when you have a team that has Super Bowl aspirations and a top 3 NFL QB. Guys would be chomping at the bit to land this job, rather than to land the Panthers or Raiders job - examples

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by Jimkelly12203 View Post
    There was a quote from Tyler Dunne's article from a source. To paraphrase, just because you're a good play caller doesn't mean you're a good leader of men.

We need a leader of men.

Personally, i think we should just let Josh call all of the plays ala Peyton Manning.

Get good organizers and leaders to run the week and then just let Josh go on Sunday's (or Thursdays, or Mondays... or, evidently, Fridays now).
    I believe our HC is a LEADER of men. That's how he pulled us out of the ash pit of the NFL.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by notacon View Post
    After reading the devastating Tyler Dunne 20,000+ three part beat down of McD, (hat tip to Jimkelly12203, "I think it is clearly time to move on. I've been persuaded."
    Tyler Dunn is a hack just making money off the NFL. He's an Independent reporter raking in big bucks by just writing controversial articles!

First, some context. Dunne’s past NFL work includes national NFL features for Bleacher Report from 2016-2020, including a deeply sourced 2019 piece on the Aaron Rodgers-Mike McCarthy relationship that drew Rodgers’ ire as a “smear attack.” (Rodgers was a media antagonist long before vaccine conversations.) He was one of many B/R employees laid off in the summer of 2020 around COVID-19 cuts, the winding down of B/R Mag, and their whole features division.
    Dunne has since been running his independent Go Long publication on Substack. Subscriptions there range from $8 (monthly) to $50 (annual) to $150 (yearly VIP). Content includes longform features, columns, Q+As, discussion threads, podcasts, work from famed Packers’ writer Bob McGinn and long-time NFL exec Jim Monos, and even regular shows with Brett Favre.

Thanks
    Thanked 30,552 Times in 17,438 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by kscdogbillsfan1221 View Post
    The mental gymnastics Pittsburgh natives use to bash tomlin while defending cowher will never cease to amaze me. No matter what facts and logic you present, it’s the same idiotic narrative (I lived there for 6 years from 2007 to 2013. I know)

‘Tomlin took cowhers team and won a Super Bowl so he doesn’t get credit’
    while ignoring the fact cowher retired and the team was not above .500 his last season and did not make the playoffs IIRC

Now cowher gets credit for drafting rapey burger and Tomlin gets crushed for Rudolph and Pickett.

Nevermind the fact that the season before they drafted rapey burger, they finished 6-10 and were drafting 11th overall. So cowher gets credit for sucking enough to get Ben but Tomlin gets no credit for not sucking enough to get a guy like Ben?

also it took 12 years under cowher before they got qb right, but he still gets credit ?

it’s just absurd to me. I know I’ve hijacked the thread but I needed to say my piece about this
    Cowher took his team to a Super Bowl in year #4 with Neil O'Donnell at QB. Tomlin year #4 with Ben.

Every Super Bowl winning head coach...ever... except for John Madden had at least led their team to a Super Bowl berth within the first 5 years they were hired. Even pre-SB era, Stram and Lombardi won league championships in year 3.

This is year 7 for McD, and he doesn't qualify.
    YardRat Wall of Fame
    #56 DARRYL TALLEY
    #29 DERRICK BURROUGHS#22 FRED JACKSON #95 KYLE WILLIAMS

Registered User kscdogbillsfan1221's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,899 Times in 2,082 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by YardRat View Post
    Cowher took his team to a Super Bowl in year #4 with Neil O'Donnell at QB. Tomlin year #4 with Ben.

Every Super Bowl winning head coach...ever... except for John Madden had at least led their team to a Super Bowl berth within the first 5 years they were hired. Even pre-SB era, Stram and Lombardi won league championships in year 3.

This is year 7 for McD, and he doesn't qualify.
    Read what I wrote earlier
    I am in NO way comparing McDermott to Tomlin.

mcdermott isn’t worthy of wiping tomlins ass

I just got off track with a cowher vs Tomlin argument

Thanks
    Thanked 30,552 Times in 17,438 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by kscdogbillsfan1221 View Post
    Read what I wrote earlier
    I am in NO way comparing McDermott to Tomlin.

mcdermott isn’t worthy of wiping tomlins ass

I just got off track with a cowher vs Tomlin argument
    I know. My points were a)Cowher should probably get credit for winning a conference championship with O'Donnell, and b)McDermott hasn't achieved something that...literally...every single SB winning head coach has. Technically, even Madden qualifies because his Raiders played for a league championship in his first year, pre-merger, but the Super Bowl was a thing at that time so IMO that game overrides the league championship.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Nobody knows if the next coach will be the guy or not. What we do know, however, is that our current one is getting worse and worse and clearly can’t motivate the team or make in-game adjustments. He’s probably the worst coach in football in critical situations.

We have a finite window of time to capitalize on the talent and greatness of Josh Allen and shouldn’t be pissing it away on a coach who can’t make the grade.

It’s time to ask for another card. We’ve had enough of holding on a soft 17

15. Post thanked by:

Lone Stranger (12-09-2023)

Thanks
    Thanked 9,893 Times in 4,017 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Pink View Post
    This isn't the 2000s Bills where we would be getting scrap heap chumps at HC. We'd have our pick of pretty much anyone. It's a pretty glamorous job when you have a team that has Super Bowl aspirations and a top 3 NFL QB. Guys would be chomping at the bit to land this job, rather than to land the Panthers or Raiders job - examples
    When the last drought began, the Bills were one year removed from the Music City Miracle and a top 2 defense. At the time, everyone in the NFL,excepting the Rams, was looking for the dominant defense:

The Titans;
    The Bucs;
    The Ravens;
    The Rise of the Pats.

The Bills had one. They dumped Wade after an 8-8 season, brought in Greggo, who was one year removed as the DC coming off a 1 yard SB loss to the Greatest Show on Turf. He was a hot hire, who might have been the most coveted candidate out there.

and the rest...is history.

The only real change, NFL wise, may be the shift from looking for the dominant defense to looking for the dominant offense.

The Bills were certainly not a dumpster fire at the time. They became one, but they were still a contender when the drought started.

And again, the owner is 1 and 7 in his coaching hires for his sport franchises.

If this happens, we'll be dumping the 1 successful hire.

Yeah, I don't like the odds.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Chet View Post
    Nobody knows if the next coach will be the guy or not. What we do know, however, is that our current one is getting worse and worse and clearly can’t motivate the team or make in-game adjustments. He’s probably the worst coach in football in critical situations.

We have a finite window of time to capitalize on the talent and greatness of Josh Allen and shouldn’t be pissing it away on a coach who can’t make the grade.

It’s time to ask for another card. We’ve had enough of holding on a soft 17
    Let me know your plan sometime...others are at least trying.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

When the last drought began, the Bills were one year removed from the Music City Miracle and a top 2 defense. At the time, everyone in the NFL,excepting the Rams, was looking for the dominant defense:

The Titans;
    The Bucs;
    The Ravens;
    The Rise of the Pats.

The Bills had one. They dumped Wade after an 8-8 season, brought in Greggo, who was one year removed as the DC coming off a 1 yard SB loss to the Greatest Show on Turf. He was a hot hire, who might have been the most coveted candidate out there.

and the rest...is history.

The only real change, NFL wise, may be the shift from looking for the dominant defense to looking for the dominant offense.

The Bills were certainly not a dumpster fire at the time. They became one, but they were still a contender when the drought started.

And again, the owner is 1 and 7 in his coaching hires for his sport franchises.

If this happens, we'll be dumping the 1 successful hire.

Yeah, I don't like the odds.

- - - Updated - - -

Let me know your plan sometime...others are at least trying.
    It’s not your or my job to have a plan. We are fans not front office. And as a fan, I’d like to see this team roll the dice instead of standing pat since we are on a downward trajectory and will miss the playoffs despite no significant injuries on offense and the rest of the conference being painfully injured or mediocre.

Your “plan” seems to be embracing failure because you’re afraid of change. Take the worst coach Buffalo has had during the drought and not even they would **** 2023 up as bad as McDermott has.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Whatever the “plan” is, it needs to involve young offensive innovative minds. This league is leaving defensive head coaches in the dust. Even the great BB is being forced out. You either evolve with the league or you get left behind. Sean McDermott, Brandon Staley, Ron Rivera and Bill Belichick are all dead men walking. Staley and McDermott have no excuses with the players they have.

Thanks
    Thanked 11,695 Times in 7,755 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by acehole View Post
    I don't think anyone is laughing but you.

You have no idea what you are talking about.

Blow out? less then 6 pts is not a blow out.

I guess the alternative is a safe guy who doest give you td's?

Jets and NE come to mind? We don't have that kind of defense to hold teams to low scores. It all works together...with run game.

I think the more you post to dig yourself out of your stupid narratives the more you reveal about you not me.

I guess your type are used to just saying words and asserting them and think it's the truth ,....while at the same time hope nobody notices?

Good luck with that. You should have taken my advice to use less words and acting like the smarted guy in the room.
    From now on best to ignore to not feed the attention seeking.
    Look in the mirror. YOU are the one that has "no idea what you are talking about".

What I 100% accurately pointed out was "There have been only two games this season that Josh has not thrown a INT....Both of those games were their biggest blow out wins."

Those two games...the ONLY games Josh did not throw any INTS, were week 2 vs Las Vegas and week 4 vs Miami.

We beat the Raiders by TWENTY EIGHT POINTS...FOUR TD'S....38-10.

We best Miami by the same TWENTY EIGHT POINTS...FOUR TD'S....48-20.

Not only were those HUGE blow outs, they were by far the worst losses for both teams this season.

Las Vegas second worst loss was by 18 points vs Chicago in week 7.

For Miami it was DOUBLE their second worst loss this season (yeah....losing by 28 points is twice as much as losing by 14) at the hands of KC...by 14 points, 31-17.

Go back to gazing at your belly button.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,349 Times in 919 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by Ford Pinto View Post
    I believe our HC is a LEADER of men. That's how he pulled us out of the ash pit of the NFL.
    He is a leader, no doubt. But he’s shown to be more middle manager material…not CEO.

If not for Josh Allen, he’d have been back to being a DC somewhere long ago.

Josh Allen…that’s a true leader of men. We need his equal as Co-CEO. McDermott is not his equal.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Mcd's last stand and he knows it.

If he doesn't do what is needed and does not out plan... KC he know he is dead man walking.

If he plays safe in last ten min I will break a flat screen today.