Thread: Ja’Marr Chase says he wanted to be “disrespectful” to Jaguars

Thanks
    Thanked 7,607 Times in 6,161 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Ja’Marr Chase says he wanted to be “disrespectful” to Jaguars

Bengals wide receiver Ja’Marr Chase began his celebration before he crossed the goal line on his 76-yard touchdown catch on Monday night, turning all the way around and looking at the Jaguars defenders who were hopelessly chasing him. Afterward, he said he wanted to be disrespectful.
    Bengals quarterback Jake Browning, who threw the pass, said Chase told him that afterward.
    “I saw him turning around near the goal line, and I was thinking, ‘Why is he turning around?’ He said it was because he was being disrespectful,” Browning said.
    Chase confirmed to reporters after the game that he knew going in that his mindset was going to be showing a lack of respect to the Jaguars.
    “I said I was gonna do some ******* **** — excuse my profanity,” Chase said. “I was going to be a jerk today. . . . I just felt like being an evil person today.”

(128) RB Ray Davis, Kentucky
    (141) C, Sedrick Van Pran-Granger, Georgia
    (160) LB Edefuan Ulofoshio, Washington
    (168) DE Javon Solomon, Troy

Thanks
    Thanked 7,607 Times in 6,161 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Re: Ja’Marr Chase says he wanted to be “disrespectful” to Jaguars

Quote Originally Posted by Woodman View Post
    Bengals wide receiver Ja’Marr Chase began his celebration before he crossed the goal line on his 76-yard touchdown catch on Monday night, turning all the way around and looking at the Jaguars defenders who were hopelessly chasing him. Afterward, he said he wanted to be disrespectful.
    Bengals quarterback Jake Browning, who threw the pass, said Chase told him that afterward.
    “I saw him turning around near the goal line, and I was thinking, ‘Why is he turning around?’ He said it was because he was being disrespectful,” Browning said.
    Chase confirmed to reporters after the game that he knew going in that his mindset was going to be showing a lack of respect to the Jaguars.
    “I said I was gonna do some ******* **** — excuse my profanity,” Chase said. “I was going to be a jerk today. . . . I just felt like being an evil person today.”
    Hate the Bengals and this