Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: He McDermott Problem

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Re: He McDermott Problem

Quote Originally Posted by Forward_Lateral View Post
    Humble and Hungry guys
    “You know who else was humble and hungry, guys? Jeffrey Dahmer. Bills on 3. 1-2-3 Bills!”

2. Post thanked by:

Jimkelly12203 (12-08-2023),Joe Fo Sho (12-08-2023),kscdogbillsfan1221 (12-08-2023),Mad Max (12-07-2023),Novacane (12-07-2023),Thurmal (12-08-2023),YardRat (12-08-2023)

Thanks
    Thanked 1,349 Times in 919 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by Chet View Post
    “You know who else was humble and hungry, guys? Jeffrey Dahmer. Bills on 3. 1-2-3 Bills!”
    Is that you Sean???

4. Post thanked by:

Chet (12-07-2023)

Thanks
    Thanked 5,850 Times in 3,500 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by DraftBoy View Post
    You said everyone says stupid ****, so you kinda made about everyone.Your post came off like youíre trying to excuse it or blow it off like this normal behavior. Why is that?
    Sorry, it was four years ago. Iím not excusing it, I just fail to see the relevance today. People make mistakes, except for you obviously.

Thanks
    Thanked 5,324 Times in 3,807 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

So now we know why he claps so much...to stop himself from saying incredibly stupid ****.

This guy will never win a SB.

7. Post thanked by:

Jimkelly12203 (12-08-2023)

The things I get you to say Gibby 2.0's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,063 Times in 2,619 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Yeah the 9/11 story is making the rounds now. Noted Bills hater and racebaiter Kimberley Martin is on the case now too.

McDermott might become the latest victim of cancel culture. I hope not. He should be fired for gross incompetence or negligence as a coach, not because of some (extremely) stupid comments. I donít want the man to end up in the career doghouse, I just want him off my team tout suite
    This may be being drug up by the Pegs as reason to reneg on saying he wouldn't be going anywhere.
    Insert whimsical line here

9. Post thanked by:

Thanks
    Thanked 10,254 Times in 6,469 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by Mad Max View Post

I have personally been ambivalent towards him but this article I think has swayed me into the camp that he has to go. This off-season.
    If everything in that article is true, and there's no way to know how much if any is, it explains a lot and Marty McDermott should be fired today.

Name Brady interim HC and do a real search this offseason.

11. Post thanked by:

Jimkelly12203 (12-08-2023),Mace (12-08-2023)

Thanks
    Thanked 2,764 Times in 1,507 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

After reading the Tyler Dunne piece, I think it is clearly time to move on. I've been persuaded.

I always got the sense that Josh and McD didn't have the best of relationships. But i also always knew (for certain) that Josh is an exceptional person when it comes to interpersonal relationships. Josh will make it "work". But with a guy like Josh it shouldn't just "work"... he's an incredibly fun person to be around and if you're working with him towards a goal, he's going to push you across the line.

Unless you aren't up to the task...

Sean clearly isn't up to the task.

All of this is irrelevant if Terry doesn't understand this.

And all of this is irrelevant if Terry does understand this and hires the wrong guy.

I see these national clowns calling for Harbaugh. He's the same as McDermott. He is S-tier at certain things. And then he wears everyone down. He's the hot air balloon that goes the highest of any other hot air balloon and then he sinks the fastest and the hardest.

I think McDermott is done. And i think he should be done.

Call it nostalgia, or some silly romantic, "story book" idea. But I think it has to be Frank Reich. IT HAS TO BE. At least in my mind. He cares about our team. He's a legend here. And he was wronged by one of the NFL's worst, most meddlesome owners. The Panthers are toast under Tepper. They'll never be good as long as he owns that team because he's a cancer. Of course he fired Frank Reich.

Maybe my read on this whole thing is wrong, but what happened to Kim Pegula is especially tragic now. She understood people IMO. She and Terry as a team was important to the future of this franchise. And as much as i loved Spiked's jokes about her and gave them all a thumbs up, I know he was wrong. She was important to this team.

I just hope we get it right.

You don't get another Josh Allen in your lifetime. You just don't. And screwing it up is unforgivable.

We have one of the best owners in the NFL, but he's missing his co-pilot.

Its time to move on from McDermott, but the moves we make after that will be the important ones.

As Tyler Dunne said, Josh is only 27. It isn't too late at all! But you don't get another Josh Allen in your lifetime!

Its all on Terry now.

Que "lose yourself".

If you had one shot, or one opportunity sieze everything you ever wanted. Would you capture it? Or just let it slip?

The Ball is in your court now Terry. Do us right!
    All Hail Josh Allen! Savior of the Buffalo Bills!

Freedom for the Ukraine. Down with Putin and every traitor in this country that supports him.

13. Post thanked by:

Historian (12-08-2023),Mace (12-08-2023),sahlensguy (12-08-2023)

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by Mad Max View Post
    If he did he certainly doesnít learn from his mistakes. Most recent example I absolutely knew we were going to score too quickly on the last drive in regulation against the eagles.
    Me too. But that's not on Brady's offense. That's on McDermott's constantly collapsing when it matters defense.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Yeah the 9/11 story is making the rounds now. Noted Bills hater and racebaiter Kimberley Martin is on the case now too.

McDermott might become the latest victim of cancel culture. I hope not. He should be fired for gross incompetence or negligence as a coach, not because of some (extremely) stupid comments. I donít want the man to end up in the career doghouse, I just want him off my team tout suite
    My thoughts exactly. That he is so brain dead in message dealing is just the icing on the cake.

16. Post thanked by:

Chet (12-08-2023)

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by kscdogbillsfan1221 View Post
    i suspect you may be right.

doesn't mean the article isn't, as well.
    Nailed it.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by jamze132 View Post
    Sorry, it was four years ago. I’m not excusing it, I just fail to see the relevance today. People make mistakes, except for you obviously.
    The team has an all-time talent at QB who is also one of the coolest, most likeable people you will ever meet. They were going to have success regardless. This card was held back for quite some time because those in power knew that there might be a time when it needed to be played. And now it does. We are not getting another Josh Allen between now and the time that both you and I go 6 feet under. Certainly not in the time between now and Pegula goes 6 feet under.

What are we going to do about it? That's all that matters.

McD is done. He had his chance. Came really close. But its clear now that he's not the guy. At least to me.

2020-2023 AFC East Champions! Historian's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 28,266 Times in 15,423 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

This is the man who ended the teamís 17-year playoff drought, who restored order and discipline to the moldy frat house Rex Ryan left behind.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by Jimkelly12203 View Post
    The team has an all-time talent at QB who is also one of the coolest, most likeable people you will ever meet. They were going to have success regardless. This card was held back for quite some time because those in power knew that there might be a time when it needed to be played. And now it does. We are not getting another Josh Allen between now and the time that both you and I go 6 feet under. Certainly not in the time between now and Pegula goes 6 feet under.

What are we going to do about it? That's all that matters.

McD is done. He had his chance. Came really close. But its clear now that he's not the guy. At least to me.
    I like your take on it…

21. Post thanked by:

Thanks
    Thanked 24,452 Times in 14,165 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Sorry, it was four years ago. I’m not excusing it, I just fail to see the relevance today. People make mistakes, except for you obviously.
    I’d love to know an example where you’ve complimented terrorism since you think I’m infallible.
    COMING SOON...
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr.Lecter
    We were both drunk and Hillary did not look that bad at 2 AM, I swear!!!!!!

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by Jimkelly12203 View Post
    After reading the Tyler Dunne piece, I think it is clearly time to move on. I've been persuaded.

I always got the sense that Josh and McD didn't have the best of relationships. But i also always knew (for certain) that Josh is an exceptional person when it comes to interpersonal relationships. Josh will make it "work". But with a guy like Josh it shouldn't just "work"... he's an incredibly fun person to be around and if you're working with him towards a goal, he's going to push you across the line.

Unless you aren't up to the task...

Sean clearly isn't up to the task.

All of this is irrelevant if Terry doesn't understand this.

And all of this is irrelevant if Terry does understand this and hires the wrong guy.

I see these national clowns calling for Harbaugh. He's the same as McDermott. He is S-tier at certain things. And then he wears everyone down. He's the hot air balloon that goes the highest of any other hot air balloon and then he sinks the fastest and the hardest.

I think McDermott is done. And i think he should be done.

Call it nostalgia, or some silly romantic, "story book" idea. But I think it has to be Frank Reich. IT HAS TO BE. At least in my mind. He cares about our team. He's a legend here. And he was wronged by one of the NFL's worst, most meddlesome owners. The Panthers are toast under Tepper. They'll never be good as long as he owns that team because he's a cancer. Of course he fired Frank Reich.

Maybe my read on this whole thing is wrong, but what happened to Kim Pegula is especially tragic now. She understood people IMO. She and Terry as a team was important to the future of this franchise. And as much as i loved Spiked's jokes about her and gave them all a thumbs up, I know he was wrong. She was important to this team.

I just hope we get it right.

You don't get another Josh Allen in your lifetime. You just don't. And screwing it up is unforgivable.

We have one of the best owners in the NFL, but he's missing his co-pilot.

Its time to move on from McDermott, but the moves we make after that will be the important ones.

As Tyler Dunne said, Josh is only 27. It isn't too late at all! But you don't get another Josh Allen in your lifetime!

Its all on Terry now.

Que "lose yourself".

If you had one shot, or one opportunity sieze everything you ever wanted. Would you capture it? Or just let it slip?

The Ball is in your court now Terry. Do us right!
    Little dramatic....Kim knew nothing about anything. Terry will do nothing unless he is pressured by either the owners or Goodell. I don't care about his stupid comments. I care about everything else mentioned in the article. He is a control freak and is clueless when it comes to offense and strategy. The word "relic" resonated with me the most.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

agreed ...who cares. The issue is the other stuff in the article. As I mentioned earlier....the word relic is the most concerning word in the whole article and spot on. It seems this whole culture thigs is just a sham

25. Post thanked by:

Registered User Forward_Lateral's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 8,061 Times in 4,265 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

I don't even care about the 9-11 stuff really. LIke Greedo says, it's the other stuff. The fact that he throws everyone under the bus when things go wrong, but never takes accountability. The fact that he blamed everyone but himself for 13 seconds, etc.

The guy is not a leader.

27. Post thanked by:

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by GreedoII View Post
    Little dramatic....Kim knew nothing about anything. Terry will do nothing unless he is pressured by either the owners or Goodell. I don't care about his stupid comments. I care about everything else mentioned in the article. He is a control freak and is clueless when it comes to offense and strategy. The word "relic" resonated with me the most.
    What's dramatic? I think your take is bad on that particular issue. That's all. So that makes it drama?

You have an all-time talent at QB who people gravitate to...

It isn't dramatic to say that screwing that up is unforgivable .

And it isn't dramatic to suggest that your spouse is important when it comes to making the kind of life-defining decisions Terry is going to have to make when he fires McDermott.

And at this point i think McDermott getting fired is inevitable.

Unless, of course, we are holding up the Lombardi in a few months (which we won't be doing).

BRING BACK THE THUMBS DOWN BUTTON! l want to get thumbed down and i want to thumb down people!

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by DraftBoy View Post
    I’d love to know an example where you’ve complimented terrorism since you think I’m infallible.
    That’s not the point. 9/11 affected my entire life more than you’ll ever know but like I said, everyone says stupid ****. Except You…we get it.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Florio kind of nailed it here. Even if you don't like him, he usually does get it right. For better or for worse, this is where we are.

I think it is superbowl or bust now for McD. At least it ought to be...

https://www.nbcsports.com/nfl/profoo...ts-job-is-safe