Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: He McDermott Problem

Thanks
    Thanked 5,325 Times in 3,807 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Re: He McDermott Problem

Quote Originally Posted by Jimkelly12203 View Post
    Florio kind of nailed it here. Even if you don't like him, he usually does get it right. For better or for worse, this is where we are.

I think it is superbowl or bust now for McD. At least it ought to be...

https://www.nbcsports.com/nfl/profoo...ts-job-is-safe
    Can't wait for McD to drop a 'Was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor' speech.

https://youtu.be/q7vtWB4owdE?feature=shared

2. Post thanked by:

Jimkelly12203 (12-08-2023)

Thanks
    Thanked 24,452 Times in 14,165 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by jamze132 View Post
    That’s not the point. 9/11 affected my entire life more than you’ll ever know but like I said, everyone says stupid ****. Except You…we get it.
    I know, which is why it is actually the point. People say stupid **** all the time, but that’s not what this was. Trying to label it as such is trying to find a backwards way of excusing it.
    COMING SOON...
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr.Lecter
    We were both drunk and Hillary did not look that bad at 2 AM, I swear!!!!!!

4. Post thanked by:

acehole (12-08-2023)

Thanks
    Thanked 7,568 Times in 6,127 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Sean McDermott: Article was a “hurtful” attack on my character

A lot of the article is critical of McDermott with his perceived lack of accountability coming under particular fire. McDermott was asked about his response to the piece on Friday and said it has been a “disappointing” and “hurtful” 24 hours since the publication of what he called “an attack on my character.”

“I know who I am,” McDermott said. “I know how I try to do things. Am I without flaw? No, I’m not without flaw and I say that humbly. I believe we try and do things right here. It doesn’t mean that everything we do is right, people are going to have their own opinions. I believe we’ve won a lot of games here since we’ve arrived and I’m confident in that. I’m confident in this football team. People are going to have their opinions, I can’t control that.”
    28**60**128**133**144**160**163**200**204**248

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by Woodman View Post
    Sean McDermott: Article was a “hurtful” attack on my character

A lot of the article is critical of McDermott with his perceived lack of accountability coming under particular fire. McDermott was asked about his response to the piece on Friday and said it has been a “disappointing” and “hurtful” 24 hours since the publication of what he called “an attack on my character.”

“I know who I am,” McDermott said. “I know how I try to do things. Am I without flaw? No, I’m not without flaw and I say that humbly. I believe we try and do things right here. It doesn’t mean that everything we do is right, people are going to have their own opinions. I believe we’ve won a lot of games here since we’ve arrived and I’m confident in that. I’m confident in this football team. People are going to have their opinions, I can’t control that.”
    It's a shame the he more often seems to throw others under the bus than to hold himself accountable for a lot of miscues. No one is questioning his character when it comes to his patriotism. Mostly his lack of situational awareness. He's a dumbass. Sure they have a lot of wins, but where are the signature wins? Because there are a ton of signature losses that has his name all over them.

7. Post thanked by:

Jimkelly12203 (12-08-2023),Lone Stranger (12-08-2023),Mad Max (12-08-2023)

Thanks
    Thanked 1,349 Times in 919 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by sahlensguy View Post
    It's a shame the he more often seems to throw others under the bus than to hold himself accountable for a lot of miscues. No one is questioning his character when it comes to his patriotism. Mostly his lack of situational awareness. He's a dumbass. Sure they have a lot of wins, but where are the signature wins? Because there are a ton of signature losses that has his name all over them.
    That’s right. He is a high character individual of that I have no doubt and nothing he said offended me as a person or an American.What the article shines a light on is that he’s terrible with interpersonal relationships, which you kind of have to have to be good at in order to successfully lead a hundred or so people.

Along with that as you said his “situational awareness” in game isn’t very good, and his cowardice at the end of games is now legendary.

He is a dead man walking as Bills coach as I don’t think he can change all of that.

9. Post thanked by:

Jimkelly12203 (12-08-2023),notacon (12-08-2023),sahlensguy (12-08-2023)

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by Mad Max View Post
    That’s right. He is a high character individual of that I have no doubt and nothing he said offended me as a person or an American.What the article shines a light on is that he’s terrible with interpersonal relationships, which you kind of have to have to be good at in order to successfully lead a hundred or so people.

Along with that as you said his “situational awareness” in game isn’t very good, and his cowardice at the end of games is now legendary.

He is a dead man walking as Bills coach as I don’t think he can change all of that.
    The McD era is, for all intense and purposes, over. People say he'll save his job if we win win out, etc. Problem is though that McD hasn't fixed his own problems that add up to how we got here in the first place.

Lack of personal accountability, at least publicly is still missing. Even with this 9-11 issue. Instead of just admitting that glorifying the 9-11 terrorist organizational mindset for motivational purposes is an incredibly idiotic thing to do, he feels apologetic to the people he hurt feelings of. Just admit you were an idiot. He won't.

He hasn't changed.

Too proud to do so I guess.

And it will be to his demise.

11. Post thanked by:

acehole (12-08-2023),Lone Stranger (12-08-2023)

Thanks
    Thanked 11,695 Times in 7,755 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

I got my subscriber email with this three part series yesterday morning. Really did not want to comment until I was able to read most of it.

THIS is why I gladly pay for quality journalism. I originally decided to pony up for Tyler Dunne's site to get access to the "13 second" behind the scene look. But, Dunne is not a Bills beat reporter, as I would appreciate him writing more about the Bills.

Anyway, the reason I value journalism like this is contained in the name of his site..."Go Long". It's a clever football term but describes his journalistic style as in "long" detailed articles....a method and style that I appreciate and respect.

My post are criticized by the "Cliff Notes" crowd that don't have the attention span (or the desire) to read my (so-called) "long" posts with just too many words!! Yeah, 400 or 500 word posts are whined about. Well, this three part series of Mr Dune's is (as he states) "20,000+ words". I have finished reading the first twp parts in FULL. I'm not sure if every word is available for everyone to read (since I have a subscription) but I suggest that it is well worth the effort (and expense if necessary) and just "skimming" it does his effort a disservice.

With that said, Tyler Dunne absolutely has an agenda and a strong point of view which is his prerogative and does NOT make the overriding goal of his (destroy McDermott) any less credible.

The narrative as gleaned from countless (unnamed) sources is devastating. He does throw a bone or two as there is no doubt that McD did change the culture of a franchise in the ****ter (his couple of tidbits about Rex Ryan are hilarious) for the better and has shown an ability to learn and grow.

But, the flaws in McD's mindset and style of leadership are too glaring to ignore. Stories that are similar and the overriding observations of a man just wound too tight to think straight when the going gets tough are, again, damning and devastating. As are stories of how he treats his coaches, and the hypocrisy of demanding accountability but then shunning the same for himself.

What is surprising is that these stories have not been written about earlier. What I suspect is that Dunne actively seeking out negative feedback encouraged some to talk when prodded. Again, this does not reduce their credibility but rather validates the value of dedicated professional journalists that work hard to get the story and get it right.

What did NOT surprise me was the exposing the foolishness of so many posters here that rushed to **** over Leslie Frazier, Ken Dorsey (and to a slightly lesser extent) Brain Daboll. Especially the unfounded and speculative blaming of Leslie Frazier.

As I have argued both Frazier and Dorsey were scapegoats and victims of McD's insecurities and refusal to be held accountable. Also readily apparent is that despite Dunne's glancing and complimentary view of Brandon Beane, he fails to hold HIM accountable for allowing McD's shortcomings to paralyze the team (from time to time) and Pegula's granting him a rich extension while McD's behavior was (almost assuredly) very well known in within the organization.

Possibly this is tempered by the analogy (that was presented in both part one and two) that everything that was said of McD's management style can and is factually attributed to Bill Belichick. With the OBVIOUS observation that six SB rings validates this style. But this rationalization may give McD more breathing space than he deserves with ownership.

I have never been a McD cheerleader but rather skeptical of the speculations from "fans" that are not privy to what is going on behind closed doors. Well, now we know with excellent reporting from a very credible source.

So, I'm with Jimkelly12203, "After reading the Tyler Dunne piece, I think it is clearly time to move on. I've been persuaded."

The big problem is that apparently Mr. Pegula does not agree. We fans have to MAKE him understand.

13. Post thanked by:

kscdogbillsfan1221 (12-08-2023),Lone Stranger (12-08-2023)

Registered User Forward_Lateral's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 8,061 Times in 4,265 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by notacon View Post
    I got my subscriber email with this three part series yesterday morning. Really did not want to comment until I was able to read most of it.

THIS is why I gladly pay for quality journalism. I originally decided to pony up for Tyler Dunne's site to get access to the "13 second" behind the scene look. But, Dunne is not a Bills beat reporter, as I would appreciate him writing more about the Bills.

Anyway, the reason I value journalism like this is contained in the name of his site..."Go Long". It's a clever football term but describes his journalistic style as in "long" detailed articles....a method and style that I appreciate and respect.

My post are criticized by the "Cliff Notes" crowd that don't have the attention span (or the desire) to read my (so-called) "long" posts with just too many words!! Yeah, 400 or 500 word posts are whined about. Well, this three part series of Mr Dune's is (as he states) "20,000+ words". I have finished reading the first twp parts in FULL. I'm not sure if every word is available for everyone to read (since I have a subscription) but I suggest that it is well worth the effort (and expense if necessary) and just "skimming" it does his effort a disservice.

With that said, Tyler Dunne absolutely has an agenda and a strong point of view which is his prerogative and does NOT make the overriding goal of his (destroy McDermott) any less credible.

The narrative as gleaned from countless (unnamed) sources is devastating. He does throw a bone or two as there is no doubt that McD did change the culture of a franchise in the ****ter (his couple of tidbits about Rex Ryan are hilarious) for the better and has shown an ability to learn and grow.

But, the flaws in McD's mindset and style of leadership are too glaring to ignore. Stories that are similar and the overriding observations of a man just wound too tight to think straight when the going gets tough are, again, damning and devastating. As are stories of how he treats his coaches, and the hypocrisy of demanding accountability but then shunning the same for himself.

What is surprising is that these stories have not been written about earlier. What I suspect is that Dunne actively seeking out negative feedback encouraged some to talk when prodded. Again, this does not reduce their credibility but rather validates the value of dedicated professional journalists that work hard to get the story and get it right.

What did NOT surprise me was the exposing the foolishness of so many posters here that rushed to **** over Leslie Frazier, Ken Dorsey (and to a slightly lesser extent) Brain Daboll. Especially the unfounded and speculative blaming of Leslie Frazier.

As I have argued both Frazier and Dorsey were scapegoats and victims of McD's insecurities and refusal to be held accountable. Also readily apparent is that despite Dunne's glancing and complimentary view of Brandon Beane, he fails to hold HIM accountable for allowing McD's shortcomings to paralyze the team (from time to time) and Pegula's granting him a rich extension while McD's behavior was (almost assuredly) very well known in within the organization.

Possibly this is tempered by the analogy (that was presented in both part one and two) that everything that was said of McD's management style can and is factually attributed to Bill Belichick. With the OBVIOUS observation that six SB rings validates this style. But this rationalization may give McD more breathing space than he deserves with ownership.

I have never been a McD cheerleader but rather skeptical of the speculations from "fans" that are not privy to what is going on behind closed doors. Well, now we know with excellent reporting from a very credible source.

So, I'm with Jimkelly12203, "After reading the Tyler Dunne piece, I think it is clearly time to move on. I've been persuaded."

The big problem is that apparently Mr. Pegula does not agree. We fans have to MAKE him understand.
    I think his days are numbered, barring some sort of miracle Superbowl run

15. Post thanked by:

notacon (12-08-2023)

Thanks
    Thanked 2,764 Times in 1,507 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by Mad Max View Post

There is nothing i can say that would make my opinion on the matter more clear than this.
    All Hail Josh Allen! Savior of the Buffalo Bills!

Freedom for the Ukraine. Down with Putin and every traitor in this country that supports him.

Thanks
    Thanked 11,695 Times in 7,755 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by Forward_Lateral View Post
    I think his days are numbered, barring some sort of miracle Superbowl run
    The only question is how long Pegula will put up with with his disappointment and how much is he willing to eat in salary???

18. Post thanked by:

Lone Stranger (12-08-2023)

Thanks
    Thanked 10,254 Times in 6,469 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by Jimkelly12203 View Post
    There is nothing i can say that would make my opinion on the matter more clear than this.
    To add on to what Max said...

The team often comes out flat or disinterested early in games. This wasn't as noticeable until the Bengals playoff loss but it's on full display the majority of games this season. It seems like McDermott can't motivate the troops coming out of the lockerroom very well or consistently.

If we do somehow come out of the gates fire ablazing then when opposition teams make their halftime adjustments we don't seem to be able to counter that in the flow of the game. We had a nice cushion on the Eagles and after halftime, we just couldn't stop them anymore.

20. Post thanked by:

Jimkelly12203 (12-08-2023),Mace (12-08-2023)

Thanks
    Thanked 2,764 Times in 1,507 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

The only question is how long Pegula will put up with with his disappointment and how much is he willing to eat in salary???
    If Terry doesn't already understand this (and i think he does) then someone needs to make it clear to him like TODAY.

And the money should be irrelevant. 10 or 20 million dollars isn't nothing to Terry but given the asset (an NFL Franchise!!!) and his net worth, that money is NOTHING! Absolutely NOTHING! And, unlike the Chargers and Bears ownership, Terry isn't a cheap skate. Money should not be even a consideration.

You know what should be a consideration? YOUR QUARTERBACK IS JOSH ALLEN!!! ... You're not getting another one in your life time. This is the one you get and by god its a pretty damn good one...

THIS IS IT! THIS IS YOUR ONE AND ONLY CHANCE!

And you came close... But now you're blowing it.

But its not too late if you act fast and smart.

That's where we are at.

What else is there to say about it?

It's all on Terry.

No pressure.
    Last edited by Jimkelly12203; 12-08-2023 at 01:30 PM.

22. Post thanked by:

Thanks
    Thanked 4,528 Times in 2,691 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Even more valuable information here: It only takes 20,000+ words to change Nottie's mind....

Registered User Forward_Lateral's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 8,061 Times in 4,265 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

I guess it depends how bad this whole ridiculous 9-11 thing gets him in trouble. I mean, for a guy who seems pretty smart, that was a pretty absurd event to use as motivation. I'm not nearly as upset about it as some people are, because I don't think he meant any ill will, but for Christ's sake, I thought he was smarter than that. Even I know not to use something like that as motivation and I'm just some dope on a message board who likes fart jokes and boobies.

25. Post thanked by:

Haha...yeah you think so ? Mace's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 16,494 Times in 9,189 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by DraftBoy View Post
    I can honestly say I�ve never once envoked the imagery of 9/11 and gone as far as to talk about the wonder of the terrorists to use as motivation for others.

But sure everyone says stupid ****�
    Just imho, it gets even worse that he used the Niagara Falls suicide as another "motivational example". Everyone did everything they could to save her, she died, end of story. WTF does that mean to motivating anyone ? Who's the example, Allen ? WTH is he saying ?

Geez.

KC game.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

I thought it was that we had a QB problem?

Haha...yeah you think so ? Mace's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 16,494 Times in 9,189 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Only other thing I'll say in reply to "hit piece". Matters not at all if it's accurate, and Dunne does his work. Oh, it's a "hit piece" if anyone reports something you don't like about someone you like ?

I don't buy that. News isn't supposed to make you happy and comfortable, it's news. If you pretend or want to, you're trying to insulate yourself from reality. The real world is not a happy place of sunshine and roses.

29. Post thanked by:

Mr. Pink (12-08-2023)

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

The word on that was the player were exhausted (Cinc)...A little different narrative as you can't coach that out of player.
    You can make other argument he worked them to hard or whatever....but that was the word.
    Hated by the stupid..
    Loved by their moms.

Rumblin' Stumblin' Bumblin' Buffalogic's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,801 Times in 1,034 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

https://youtu.be/en-Jp4o5H3s?si=wu3z1nzEm8fr8O-t

Beane today on Sean, Dunne, Von.

I think there’s no internal strife. There’s no losing the locker room. There’s no division between owner, gm, coach. It’s just outside scab picking from sour grapes former employees. This happens to every business or person in a management position. Take five minutes and look at reviews on Glassdoor, there’s always someone bent about their personal experience no matter how much of an outlier it was.

And if Sean is so terrible, why do so many players keep trying to come back? It’s a bull**** narrative.

the bills have 5 games to decide the narrative on this season. Nobody will remember any of this stupid **** if they go to the playoffs and play well.

32. Post thanked by:

acehole (12-08-2023)

Thanks
    Thanked 10,254 Times in 6,469 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by Buffalogic View Post
    https://youtu.be/en-Jp4o5H3s?si=wu3z1nzEm8fr8O-t

Beane today on Sean, Dunne, Von.

I think there’s no internal strife. There’s no losing the locker room. There’s no division between owner, gm, coach. It’s just outside scab picking from sour grapes former employees. This happens to every business or person in a management position. Take five minutes and look at reviews on Glassdoor, there’s always someone bent about their personal experience no matter how much of an outlier it was.

And if Sean is so terrible, why do so many players keep trying to come back? It’s a bull**** narrative.

the bills have 5 games to decide the narrative on this season. Nobody will remember any of this stupid **** if they go to the playoffs and play well.
    People want to come here because the team has a top 5 NFL QB and a chance at winning a Super Bowl.

That's why players want to come here or stay here.

If Josh Allen wasn't here, no one would want to come here unless we grossly overpaid for them like Dockery and Langston Walker...and to an extent Mario Williams.