X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Canadian'eh!
    • Mar 2004

WR's possible available at 28.

I've been reading bunches of scouting reports and watching some highlights and tapes on Youtube of the guys who MIGHT be there at 28.

I skipped Harrison, Nabors and Odunze because there's no doubt they go in the top 15.

I focused on Brian Thomas, Keon Coleman, Troy Franklin, Adonai Mitchell and Xavier Legette. Those seem to be the consensus next 5 WRs in the class for the most part (but there's still multiple very good options after that too)

It's a VERY deep and good class of WRs.

My current rankings:

1. Brian Thomas Jr, LSU - His tape is fantastic. He does everything very well. Routes, separation, YAC, contested catches, boundary catches. When Daniels extends plays he finds open space for him, which would be great for Josh Allen. I felt he was clearly the top of these 5. I am sure he benefited playing across from Nabers but even still he was excellent. If he dropped i wouldn't hesitate. That said.... I don't believe for one second he last until 28.

2. Xavier Legette, South Carolina - He's DK Metcalf 2.0. The comparison is spot on. Uses his size very well. Ridiculous speed and strength. Excellent Hands. Good luck tackling him after the catch. He's a beast. Not a polished route runner or anything, but any knocks are things you can coach. He has all the things you can't teach in spades. Again.... i'm betting he skyrockets up the rankings and goes well before 28.

3. Adonai Mitchell, Texas - He does everything well. Best hands in the draft. Not the fastest but fast enough. Xavier Worthy was their deep threat so he was typically working over the middle and does it fearlessly. He could be there at 28, and I'd take him.

4. Troy Franklin, Oregon. Speed speed and more speed. No doubt he's fast. Every highlight was a deep ball. He's not the biggest or strongest by far. A lot of his highlights were busted coverage or him running past lesser players. If you want a deep threat first and foremost he might be the guy. But I'm not sold on the rest of his game.

5. Keon Coleman, FSU - I knew a lot of people were down on him but I wanted to give him a fair shake. But I don't see it. His production has never been great. Hes got the size and speed... He LOOKS like a good WR, but doesn't always play like it. What he does better than anyone is make highlight reel catches. He can pull in 1 handed balls with ease. If you were making a tape of most impressive plays he'd be on it a few times. But he's just too raw and unrefined and i'm not sure i'd risk it.

So, That's my order for now.

I would be all over Thomas and Legette but i think both will be long gone (if they reach the 20's i'd legit consider moving up). Sitting at 28 I can see Adonai falling to that spot and i'd be very happy with that.

I wouldn't complain if they took Franklin at 28, Coleman i'd be concerned.
  • YardRat
    Well, lookie here...
    • Dec 2004

Re: WR's possible available at 28.

Thomas and Mitchell are intriguing, the former has been getting a lot of love though, so I agree he's probably moving up the board.
    YardRat Wall of Fame
    #56 DARRYL TALLEY
    #29 DERRICK BURROUGHS#22 FRED JACKSON #95 KYLE WILLIAMS

Comment

• Mr. Pink
      Peterman Sucks!
      • Mar 2006

Ladd McConkey.

Don't know if he'll last til our pick though.

Comment

• DraftBoy
        Administrator
        • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Mr. Pink View Post
        Ladd McConkey.

Maybe in Round 2, I think he’s over hyped. Average speed, average routes, strong hands. Tweener type player who lacks the technique to really excel in the NFL.
        COMING SOON...
        Originally posted by Dr.Lecter
        We were both drunk and Hillary did not look that bad at 2 AM, I swear!!!!!!

Comment

• Canadian'eh!
          • Mar 2004

Ladd McConkey.

I'm not a fan. I think he might do well working out of the slot for some team and working the short to intermediate routes. But I'm not convinced he's an outside option.

Comment

• Canadian'eh!
            • Mar 2004

Ladd McConkey.

I'm not a fan. I think he might do well working out of the slot for some team and working the short to intermediate routes. But I'm not convinced he's an outside option.
            I'll be stunned if Thomas drops to 28. Legette as well. He's putting on a show at the Senior Bowl..

Mitchell feels most possible.

Comment

• Woodman
              Legendary Zoner
              • Apr 2014

Originally posted by Canadian'eh! View Post
              I'll be stunned if Thomas drops to 28. Legette as well. He's putting on a show at the Senior Bowl..

Mitchell feels most possible.
              2nd round?

28 **60 **128 **133 **144 **160
              163 **189 **200 **204 **248

Comment

• Woodman
                Legendary Zoner
                • Apr 2014

Originally posted by DraftBoy View Post
                Maybe in Round 2, I think he’s over hyped. Average speed, average routes, strong hands. Tweener type player who lacks the technique to really excel in the NFL.
                I'd want him but absolutely no sooner than the 2nd.

Comment

• Canadian'eh!
                  • Mar 2004

Originally posted by Woodman View Post
                  2nd round?
                  If they like him there,

Personally, in Round 2 I’d be tempted to take a chance on Jermaine Burton. (His interview will be HUGE. He had to nail that) or even Brendan Rice. Worthy is also interesting, especially if you want to stretch the field, but I can’t understand how he only averaged 12.9 per catch last year and it bothers me. (Haven’t seen his tape)

Comment

• DetoxTent
                    • Sep 2023

Thomas will go before the Bills pick. If they stand pat, they will miss him. Every mock draft has him going between 14 - 26th.

Comment

• Canadian'eh!
                      • Mar 2004

Originally posted by DetoxTent View Post
                      Thomas will go before the Bills pick. If they stand pat, they will miss him. Every mock draft has him going between 14 - 26th.
                      I definitely agree. I almost lumped him in with the “no chance crowd” but I saw enough mocks where he’s there mid 20s to say it’s “possible”. If he was still there at 20, I’d seriously look at a move up.

Comment

• Woodman
                        Legendary Zoner
                        • Apr 2014

Originally posted by Canadian'eh! View Post
                        If they like him there,

Personally, in Round 2 I’d be tempted to take a chance on Jermaine Burton. (His interview will be HUGE. He had to nail that) or even Brendan Rice. Worthy is also interesting, especially if you want to stretch the field, but I can’t understand how he only averaged 12.9 per catch last year and it bothers me. (Haven’t seen his tape)
                        Somebody is gonna fall right in our laps.

Comment

• Woodman
                          Legendary Zoner
                          • Apr 2014

Troy Franklin is a name I'm gonna watch for.

SPEED KILLS!!

Comment

• Mr. Pink
                            Peterman Sucks!
                            • Mar 2006

Originally posted by DraftBoy View Post
                            He's going to be an outstanding slot receiver in the NFL who will excel against zone coverage.

McConkey's only weakness is against physical corners, his tweener status and lack of strength causes him trouble to get off the line if he's jammed.

But he runs great routes, has good quickness and strong hands.

Comment

• Canadian'eh!
                              • Mar 2004

He's going to be an outstanding slot receiver in the NFL who will excel against zone coverage.

McConkey's only weakness is against physical corners, his tweener status and lack of strength causes him trouble to get off the line if he's jammed.

But he runs great routes, has good quickness and strong hands.
                              The issue is I think round 2 is too high for a slot receiver in a draft this deep. THere's later round picks who I think have chances to be very good slot WRs.

Ricky Pearsall - Florida
                              Malachi Corely - Western Kentucky
                              Roman Wilson - Michigan
                              Jacob Cowing - Arizona
                              Ainias Smith - Texas A&M - (Also returns Kicks and Punts... has a little Deebo in him)
                              Malik Washington - Virginia
                              Luke McCaffrey - Rice
                              Isaiah Williams - Illinois
                              Joshua Cephus - UTSA
                              Tahj Washington - USC

All these guys look like interesting slot WR options and all are graded 3rd round or later.
                              Last edited by Canadian'eh!; 02-17-2024, 01:32 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              😀
                              😂
                              🥰
                              😘
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😞
                              😡
                              👍