Thread: WR's possible available at 28.

Thanks
    Thanked 4,533 Times in 2,696 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

WR's possible available at 28.

I've been reading bunches of scouting reports and watching some highlights and tapes on Youtube of the guys who MIGHT be there at 28.

I skipped Harrison, Nabors and Odunze because there's no doubt they go in the top 15.

I focused on Brian Thomas, Keon Coleman, Troy Franklin, Adonai Mitchell and Xavier Legette. Those seem to be the consensus next 5 WRs in the class for the most part (but there's still multiple very good options after that too)

It's a VERY deep and good class of WRs.

My current rankings:

1. Brian Thomas Jr, LSU - His tape is fantastic. He does everything very well. Routes, separation, YAC, contested catches, boundary catches. When Daniels extends plays he finds open space for him, which would be great for Josh Allen. I felt he was clearly the top of these 5. I am sure he benefited playing across from Nabers but even still he was excellent. If he dropped i wouldn't hesitate. That said.... I don't believe for one second he last until 28.

2. Xavier Legette, South Carolina - He's DK Metcalf 2.0. The comparison is spot on. Uses his size very well. Ridiculous speed and strength. Excellent Hands. Good luck tackling him after the catch. He's a beast. Not a polished route runner or anything, but any knocks are things you can coach. He has all the things you can't teach in spades. Again.... i'm betting he skyrockets up the rankings and goes well before 28.

3. Adonai Mitchell, Texas - He does everything well. Best hands in the draft. Not the fastest but fast enough. Xavier Worthy was their deep threat so he was typically working over the middle and does it fearlessly. He could be there at 28, and I'd take him.

4. Troy Franklin, Oregon. Speed speed and more speed. No doubt he's fast. Every highlight was a deep ball. He's not the biggest or strongest by far. A lot of his highlights were busted coverage or him running past lesser players. If you want a deep threat first and foremost he might be the guy. But I'm not sold on the rest of his game.

5. Keon Coleman, FSU - I knew a lot of people were down on him but I wanted to give him a fair shake. But I don't see it. His production has never been great. Hes got the size and speed... He LOOKS like a good WR, but doesn't always play like it. What he does better than anyone is make highlight reel catches. He can pull in 1 handed balls with ease. If you were making a tape of most impressive plays he'd be on it a few times. But he's just too raw and unrefined and i'm not sure i'd risk it.

So, That's my order for now.

I would be all over Thomas and Legette but i think both will be long gone (if they reach the 20's i'd legit consider moving up). Sitting at 28 I can see Adonai falling to that spot and i'd be very happy with that.

I wouldn't complain if they took Franklin at 28, Coleman i'd be concerned.

2. Post thanked by:

Mace (02-06-2024),YardRat (02-03-2024)

Thanks
    Thanked 30,583 Times in 17,460 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Re: WR's possible available at 28.

Thomas and Mitchell are intriguing, the former has been getting a lot of love though, so I agree he's probably moving up the board.
    YardRat Wall of Fame
    #56 DARRYL TALLEY
    #29 DERRICK BURROUGHS#22 FRED JACKSON #95 KYLE WILLIAMS

4. Post thanked by:

Mace (02-06-2024)

Thanks
    Thanked 10,254 Times in 6,469 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Ladd McConkey.

Don't know if he'll last til our pick though.

6. Post thanked by:

Mace (02-06-2024)

Thanks
    Thanked 24,467 Times in 14,176 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Pink View Post
    Ladd McConkey.

Maybe in Round 2, I think he’s over hyped. Average speed, average routes, strong hands. Tweener type player who lacks the technique to really excel in the NFL.
    COMING SOON...
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr.Lecter
    We were both drunk and Hillary did not look that bad at 2 AM, I swear!!!!!!

8. Post thanked by:

Mace (02-06-2024),YardRat (02-04-2024)

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Ladd McConkey.

I'm not a fan. I think he might do well working out of the slot for some team and working the short to intermediate routes. But I'm not convinced he's an outside option.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Ladd McConkey.

I'm not a fan. I think he might do well working out of the slot for some team and working the short to intermediate routes. But I'm not convinced he's an outside option.
    I'll be stunned if Thomas drops to 28. Legette as well. He's putting on a show at the Senior Bowl..

Mitchell feels most possible.

Thanks
    Thanked 7,607 Times in 6,161 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by Canadian'eh! View Post
    I'll be stunned if Thomas drops to 28. Legette as well. He's putting on a show at the Senior Bowl..

Mitchell feels most possible.
    2nd round?

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by DraftBoy View Post
    Maybe in Round 2, I think he’s over hyped. Average speed, average routes, strong hands. Tweener type player who lacks the technique to really excel in the NFL.
    I'd want him but absolutely no sooner than the 2nd.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by Woodman View Post
    2nd round?
    If they like him there,

Personally, in Round 2 I’d be tempted to take a chance on Jermaine Burton. (His interview will be HUGE. He had to nail that) or even Brendan Rice. Worthy is also interesting, especially if you want to stretch the field, but I can’t understand how he only averaged 12.9 per catch last year and it bothers me. (Haven’t seen his tape)

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Thomas will go before the Bills pick. If they stand pat, they will miss him. Every mock draft has him going between 14 - 26th.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by DetoxTent View Post
    Thomas will go before the Bills pick. If they stand pat, they will miss him. Every mock draft has him going between 14 - 26th.
    I definitely agree. I almost lumped him in with the “no chance crowd” but I saw enough mocks where he’s there mid 20s to say it’s “possible”. If he was still there at 20, I’d seriously look at a move up.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by Canadian'eh! View Post
    If they like him there,

Personally, in Round 2 I’d be tempted to take a chance on Jermaine Burton. (His interview will be HUGE. He had to nail that) or even Brendan Rice. Worthy is also interesting, especially if you want to stretch the field, but I can’t understand how he only averaged 12.9 per catch last year and it bothers me. (Haven’t seen his tape)
    Somebody is gonna fall right in our laps.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Troy Franklin is a name I'm gonna watch for.

SPEED KILLS!!

Thanks
    Thanked 10,254 Times in 6,469 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by DraftBoy View Post
    He's going to be an outstanding slot receiver in the NFL who will excel against zone coverage.

McConkey's only weakness is against physical corners, his tweener status and lack of strength causes him trouble to get off the line if he's jammed.

But he runs great routes, has good quickness and strong hands.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

He's going to be an outstanding slot receiver in the NFL who will excel against zone coverage.

McConkey's only weakness is against physical corners, his tweener status and lack of strength causes him trouble to get off the line if he's jammed.

But he runs great routes, has good quickness and strong hands.
    The issue is I think round 2 is too high for a slot receiver in a draft this deep. THere's later round picks who I think have chances to be very good slot WRs.

Ricky Pearsall - Florida
    Malachi Corely - Western Kentucky
    Roman Wilson - Michigan
    Jacob Cowing - Arizona
    Ainias Smith - Texas A&M - (Also returns Kicks and Punts... has a little Deebo in him)
    Malik Washington - Virginia
    Luke McCaffrey - Rice
    Isaiah Williams - Illinois
    Joshua Cephus - UTSA
    Tahj Washington - USC

All these guys look like interesting slot WR options and all are graded 3rd round or later.
    Last edited by Canadian'eh!; 02-17-2024 at 12:32 PM.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Adonai Mitchell is fast. 4.34 in th 40. Tough for over the middle presence. Good feet. Great jumping ability. 6' 2".

2024 NFL draft: Favorite team fits for 20 top prospects

WR Adonai Mitchell to the Bills

Height: 6-2 | Weight: 205

College: Texas

Where Buffalo could get him: Pick No. 28

With the Bills trading away No. 1 wideout Stefon Diggs to the Texans earlier this week, the club can get younger at the position with Mitchell, an explosive-play target with high-end traits. In Buffalo's offense, Mitchell can be set up as a vertical option for quarterback Josh Allen, using his 4.34-second 40-yard dash speed, 39.5-inch vertical and ball skills to win down the field. Plus, he has the toughness to produce after the catch on middle-of-the-field play-action throws, which will allow Allen to rip the ball between the numbers on in-breakers.

In his final season at Texas, Mitchell posted 11 explosive play receptions (catches of 20 or more yards), and he averaged 15.4 yards per catch. The arrow is pointing up on Mitchell, who can develop his route skills in a pro offense.