• Show
Clear All
  • DraftBoy
    Administrator
    • Jul 2002

Re: 92% of NFL players want grass fields

Originally posted by Bill Cody View Post
    With common sense. Try it.
    If it’s common sense then just explain where the line is. You are the market, we don’t disagree on that, so when do you actually choose to wield that power v sit on your hands?

For the record the you in the question is plural, not specifically an allegation or accusation about you individually or personally.
    COMING SOON...
    Originally posted by Dr.Lecter
    We were both drunk and Hillary did not look that bad at 2 AM, I swear!!!!!!

Comment

• Bill Cody
      • Sep 2004

Originally posted by DraftBoy View Post
      If it’s common sense then just explain where the line is. You are the market, we don’t disagree on that, so when do you actually choose to wield that power v sit on your hands?

For the record the you in the question is plural, not specifically an allegation or accusation about you individually or personally.
      The common sense part is that no individual fan has ANY power. You could be furious about the league doing x,y or z and it simply doesn't make any difference unless you have millions and millions of others that agree and feel very strongly about it, whatever IT might be. With something like the NFL that would take something so drastic it's hard to even think of an example. Maybe an official corruption scandal? Advising people to not watch is pointless.

Comment

• notacon
        • Aug 2012

Again you’re only illustrating my original point.
        What "original point"???

Lamely blaming the FANS (so obtuse and silly) for the NFL not requiring grass fields???? Or, the even more inane and incredibly ludicrous, as Gooby observed "you shouldn't watch the game at all like DB suggested"

Please. Stop with the the drama. It's dumb.

Comment

• notacon
          • Aug 2012

Originally posted by Goobylal View Post
          I would think that with what they pay players, doing anything they can to try and reduce player injuries and thus money lost would be incentive enough.
          Have you not been paying attention to how billionaire think and act??? Especially your favorite one.

Comment

• Goobylal
            • Jan 2004

Originally posted by notacon View Post
            Have you not been paying attention to how billionaire think and act??? Especially your favorite one.
            My favorite billionaire is putting in a grass field for the players.

Comment

• Bill Cody
              • Sep 2004

Originally posted by Goobylal View Post
              My favorite billionaire is putting in a grass field for the players.
              lol

Comment

• DraftBoy
                Administrator
                • Jul 2002

The common sense part is that no individual fan has ANY power. You could be furious about the league doing x,y or z and it simply doesn't make any difference unless you have millions and millions of others that agree and feel very strongly about it, whatever IT might be. With something like the NFL that would take something so drastic it's hard to even think of an example. Maybe an official corruption scandal? Advising people to not watch is pointless.
                Never about a single fan and I didn’t advise anybody to watch or not watch.

What I said is that if Nottie going to demean and dismiss another poster then he should at least have the decency to actually care about what he says and not just let the words ring hollow by his own actions.

We can say we care about player safety, but we all watched Hamlin nearly die on the field and then turned right around and kept watching. It’s just bull**** and blame shifting, our collective inability to be honest about that is one of the worst parts of fan culture.
                COMING SOON...

Comment

• DraftBoy
                  Administrator
                  • Jul 2002

Originally posted by notacon View Post
                  What "original point"???

Lamely blaming the FANS (so obtuse and silly) for the NFL not requiring grass fields???? Or, the even more inane and incredibly ludicrous, as Gooby observed "you shouldn't watch the game at all like DB suggested"

Please. Stop with the the drama. It's dumb.
                  I never said watch or don’t watch nor was it about grass fields.
                  COMING SOON...

Comment

• Goobylal
                    • Jan 2004

lol
                    He is.

Comment

• notacon
                      • Aug 2012

lol

Maybe I should have said "...ONE of your favorite billionaires".

Comment

• notacon
                        • Aug 2012

I never said watch or don’t watch nor was it about grass fields.
                        What lame whining because your absurd (filed) insult that I am guilty of "theatrics"....with a dishonest misrepresentation of what I wrote.

I did not say that you said "watch or don't; watch"...what I DID say was 100% accurate...."...as Gooby observed "you shouldn't watch the game at all like DB suggested"

The fact is that when one presents very reasonable, coherent, common sense and accurate premise, and backs it up with a plethora of credible sources, labeling it "theatrics" simply because you cannot refute any of it is, in fact, an example of "theatrics"

- - - Updated - - -

What I said is that if Nottie going to demean and dismiss another poster then he should at least have the decency to actually care about what he says and not just let the words ring hollow by his own actions.

We can say we care about player safety, but we all watched Hamlin nearly die on the field and then turned right around and kept watching. It’s just bull**** and blame shifting, our collective inability to be honest about that is one of the worst parts of fan culture.

More bull****.

Comment

• Bill Cody
                          • Sep 2004

Dude most of your post exchanges devolve into this netherworld where you don't know what you've typed or even the point you're trying to make, exhausting.

Comment

• DraftBoy
                            Administrator
                            • Jul 2002

Dude most of your post exchanges devolve into this netherworld where you don't know what you've typed or even the point you're trying to make, exhausting.
                            If you’d like to point out where you think I said don’t watch or watch then you can try that, but I’m very aware of what I actually said. What I can’t control for is how you or somebody else choose to infer the words that are typed.
                            COMING SOON...

Comment

• jamze132
                              • Jun 2003

This happens to everyone who argues with the zone’s resident crybaby. It’s not just DB.

Comment

• Oaf
                                Do you read what you write?
                                • Jun 2007

Would the players consider striking about this? Some are so wealthy, they could bankroll the vet min/UDFA players who actually need the money for a year even two.

To even suggest that 100M nfl fans could organize themselves and force action is laughable.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                😂
                                🥰
                                😘
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😞
                                😡
                                👍