Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

Thread: 92% of NFL players want grass fields

Thanks
    Thanked 11,710 Times in 7,767 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Re: 92% of NFL players want grass fields

Quote Originally Posted by Goobylal View Post
    If grass could be grown feasibly in enclosed stadiums without a tray system, they'd be doing it already. Otherwise the Cardinals and Raiders wouldn't have gone through the added and significant extra expense of installing said tray systems.

Grass is better when it's not frigid and early in the season. Outside of those, AT is probably better.

I'm glad the Bills are going to a heated grass field with the new stadium. It will help attract players from a greater pool.
    Total nonsense. I mean really total nonsense.

"They", meaning NFL owners, will only even think about attempting to maintain....you do not have to "grow grass".....and in fact NO grass fields are the result of "growing grass"....they ALL get sod that is grown somewhere else and most grass field have their sod replaced at least once a year if not several times (In FACT, the grass field for the Super Bowl was NEW SOD that was installed weeks before the game....which is exactly what happened in Arizona for last year's SB....the issue with the bad field last year was it was not cared for properly after it was installed)....

....grass fields inside a dome WHEN THEY ARE FORCED TO DO SO!!!!!

When they are FORCED TO DO SO, they will find a way by many of the solutions that I have outlined and are eminently feasible TODAY. There is NO NEED to do so until the NFL (with pressure from the NFLPA) REQUIRES ALL NFL games to be played on grass fields.

Thanks
    Thanked 5,096 Times in 3,575 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by notacon View Post
    Total nonsense. I mean really total nonsense.

"They", meaning NFL owners, will only even think about attempting to maintain....you do not have to "grow grass".....and in fact NO grass fields are the result of "growing grass"....they ALL get sod that is grown somewhere else and most grass field have their sod replaced at least once a year if not several times (In FACT, the grass field for the Super Bowl was NEW SOD that was installed weeks before the game....which is exactly what happened in Arizona for last year's SB....the issue with the bad field last year was it was not cared for properly after it was installed)....

....grass fields inside a dome WHEN THEY ARE FORCED TO DO SO!!!!!

When they are FORCED TO DO SO, they will find a way by many of the solutions that I have outlined and are eminently feasible TODAY. There is NO NEED to do so until the NFL (with pressure from the NFLPA) REQUIRES ALL NFL games to be played on grass fields.
    How much does it cost to sod a field?

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

How much does it cost to sod a field?
    Why are you asking me?? Do your own homework.

I've already done enough. Read my posts...really read (and check out the numerous links I provided) them and try to comprehend (it's easy...nothing complicated) what I am actually saying and not what you think I'm saying.

WHY are you taking the side of GREEDY NFL owners and, basically, ****TING AL OVER the players, their well being, health and preferences for their work environment?!?!?!

It's insanely INEXPLICABLE!!!!

Thanks
    Thanked 9,192 Times in 5,919 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Notty link 1 Baltimore grass field . No duh!!!!! Using grow lights . Duh again

Notty link 2 Vegas… rail system works!!! Duh!

Notty link 3. Fully domed stadium has artificial grass grown with grow lights and can withstand testing by the beast.

(I made that last one up)

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Jesus. I have rebutted every single specious argument concerning the viability in every NFL stadium today and no one has come close to credibly refuting any of the premises I have put forward (with supporting information) and I even laid out a reasonable way forward to make the smart move toward requiring grass field for all NFL games.

Yet, some confused naysayers STILL cannot and will not explain WHY they are taking the side of GREEDY NFL owners and, basically, ****TING ALL OVER the players, their well being, health and preferences for their work environment?!?!?!

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Not taking the side of greedy NFL owners… just stating that the tech to grow turf indoors isn’t NFL ready. You keep saying it is and we collectively say “where”.

Thats where the drink ringed napkin scribble comes in.

because I tell you that a solar powered bus doesn’t exist and you show me a picture of a bus with photoshopped solar panels on top doesn’t make it exist. Sure Bus tech is there and solar power tech is there but together?

Thanks
    Thanked 2,486 Times in 1,483 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

I thought it was 93%.......
    Lou Saban: You can get it done, you can get it done. And what’s more, you’ve gotta get it done.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Jesus. I have rebutted every single specious argument concerning the viability in every NFL stadium today and no one has come close to credibly refuting any of the premises I have put forward (with supporting information) and I even laid out a reasonable way forward to make the smart move toward requiring grass field for all NFL games.

Yet, some confused naysayers STILL cannot and will not explain WHY they are taking the side of GREEDY NFL owners and, basically, ****TING ALL OVER the players, their well being, health and preferences for their work environment?!?!?!

While it is partly a matter of cost, it's also a huge waste of resources. You need to keep the lights/electricity going all the time, water it, etc. All for 3 hours on a Sunday eight to ten days a year.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by sukie View Post
    Not taking the side of greedy NFL owners… just stating that the tech to grow turf indoors isn’t NFL ready. You keep saying it is and we collectively say “where”.

Thats where the drink ringed napkin scribble comes in.

because I tell you that a solar powered bus doesn’t exist and you show me a picture of a bus with photoshopped solar panels on top doesn’t make it exist. Sure Bus tech is there and solar power tech is there but together?
    Yes, you are.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

While it is partly a matter of cost, it's also a huge waste of resources. You need to keep the lights/electricity going all the time, water it, etc. All for 3 hours on a Sunday eight to ten days a year.
    What lame arguments.

NFL teams are wildly profitable. The cost baloney is really dumb. The "waste of resources" canard is even dumber.

One can apply the "All for 3 hours on a Sunday eight to ten days a year" premise to everything surrounding NFL football. Especially BILLION DOLLAR PLUS stadiums. NFL football could be played on a studio stage (preferably outside on grass) since TV and broadcasting is where most of the money comes from.

We already saw that a NFL season can be extremely successful with almost NO CROWDS. Stadiums, in and of themselves are "huge waste of resources".

So, you are virtually admitting to taking the side of GREEDY NFL owners and, basically, ****TING ALL OVER the players, their well being, health and preferences for their work environment?!?!?!

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Yes, you are.
    You failed to comprehend the rest of my post.

oh, I see with your response to Goob… you won’t address the 100% indoor lack of grass anywhere in the planet that would take an NFL pounding.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

You failed to comprehend the rest of my post.

oh, I see with your response to Goob… you won’t address the 100% indoor lack of grass anywhere in the planet that would take an NFL pounding.
    Oh I comprehend all of your post. Unlike you, I read them in full.

It's undeniably clear....you are taking the side of GREEDY NFL owners and, basically, ****TING ALL OVER the players, their well being, health and preferences for their work environment?!?!?!

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Okay if I admit that I sleep with fat sweaty NFL owners and do hourly reach around handies… will you address the rest of my posts?

where is turf used fully indoors utilizing grow lights to produce a NFL durable playing surface. Anywhere in the world?

Thanks
    Thanked 7,607 Times in 6,161 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Okay if I admit that I sleep with fat sweaty NFL owners and do hourly reach around handies… will you address the rest of my posts?

where is turf used fully indoors utilizing grow lights to produce a NFL durable playing surface. Anywhere in the world?
    Uruguay?

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

I already did "address the rest of (your) posts". Pay attention and, you know, actually READ them.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by Woodman View Post
    Uruguay?
    As I noted above...."as far as I can tell there are NO domed stadiums in use outside the US for major professional soccer or rugby. If you can find one, let us know"

The question is a canard and irreverent.

The more salient question is WHY is the US the ONLY country that has major professional sports played inside a ****ing dome.

And WHY does the NFL NOT adopt the standards that most other major sports leagues around the world have adopted that their sport (mainly soccer and rugby) be played ON GRASS!!!!

That is why several US domed stadiums (and those without a dome) that have turf MUST change to grass in order to hold the 2026 FIFA World Cup matches.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

What lame arguments.

NFL teams are wildly profitable. The cost baloney is really dumb. The "waste of resources" canard is even dumber.

One can apply the "All for 3 hours on a Sunday eight to ten days a year" premise to everything surrounding NFL football. Especially BILLION DOLLAR PLUS stadiums. NFL football could be played on a studio stage (preferably outside on grass) since TV and broadcasting is where most of the money comes from.

We already saw that a NFL season can be extremely successful with almost NO CROWDS. Stadiums, in and of themselves are "huge waste of resources".

So, you are virtually admitting to taking the side of GREEDY NFL owners and, basically, ****TING ALL OVER the players, their well being, health and preferences for their work environment?!?!?!
    I root for the laundry. Players come and go after several years but owners/teams typically remain for decades.

And a lot of workers don't get to choose every aspect of their work environment to make it 100% of their liking. If an NFL player feels so strongly about the playing surface, he can ask for a trade, or if he's a FA, cross off teams with artificial turf.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

As I noted above...."as far as I can tell there are NO domed stadiums in use outside the US for major professional soccer or rugby. If you can find one, let us know"

The more salient question is WHY is the US the ONLY country that has major professional sports played inside a ****ing dome.

And WHY does the NFL NOT adopt the standards that most other major sports leagues around the world have adopted that their sport (mainly soccer and rugby) be played ON GRASS!!!!

That is why several US domed stadiums (and those without a dome) that have turf MUST change to grass in order to hold the 2026 FIFA World Cup matches.
    Coming from someone that stated that the Bills should have a dome in Orchard Park or open air downtown… a dome advocate should be able to answer the salient question

Thanks
    Thanked 24,467 Times in 14,176 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Because fans allow it to happen. If you truly want to find a party at fault then put that blame on the fans that couldn’t give any **** what surface the players are forced to play on and happily subsidize the building of domes through tax breaks and direct payments for new stadium construction.

For as passionate an argument as you want to make you’re not stopping your viewing, buying of merch, or attending games over this issue. Which is why nothing changes, same with the refs, and the other litany of items that fans love to complain about, but aren’t willing to do anything about.
    COMING SOON...
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr.Lecter
    We were both drunk and Hillary did not look that bad at 2 AM, I swear!!!!!!

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Coming from someone that stated that the Bills should have a dome in Orchard Park or open air downtown… a dome advocate should be able to answer the salient question
    My #1 preference BY FAR was an open air stadium in (or actually near) downtown.

I'm not sure what I ever said about a "dome in OP". If you have a actual quote of what exactly I said, with full context, than dish it up. The effort (from you) to make my stated preferences for an "open air downtown" on EQUAL FOOTING as a "dome in Orchard Park" is specious at best, downright dishonest in reality.

In any event, if the Bills built a domed stadium I would be in the forefront to insist they have a grass field. Which would probably be easier to maintain grass field indoors than in the worst location possible in WNY, in the middle of the snowbelt.

Your lame attempt at trying to frame my position (preference of new stadium location and type) as in conflict is dumb since I already know that maintaining a grass field is extremely viable and possible inside a dome.

I have already answered "the salient question". What are you whining about????

You are flailing sukie.