• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • notacon
    • Aug 2012

Re: 92% of NFL players want grass fields

Originally posted by sukie View Post
    and that had been applied to indoor football stadiums where? Oh on a napkin at a bar somewhere.

Comment

• sukie
      • Sep 2012

Nice dodge.

Comment

• notacon
        • Aug 2012

Nice dodge.
        No "dodge"....I already easily brushed aside your lame arguments and narrow, short-sighted closed minded baloney.

Just go back and read everything I wrote on this thread...it destroys the insipid rubbish you have tried on. Of course, you already admit to not actually reading what I write, so you are content with being mired in your own ignorance.

Comment

• Goobylal
          • Jan 2004

If grass could be grown feasibly in enclosed stadiums without a tray system, they'd be doing it already. Otherwise the Cardinals and Raiders wouldn't have gone through the added and significant extra expense of installing said tray systems.

Grass is better when it's not frigid and early in the season. Outside of those, AT is probably better.

I'm glad the Bills are going to a heated grass field with the new stadium. It will help attract players from a greater pool.

Comment

• Typ0
            honey pie
            • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Goobylal View Post
            If grass could be grown feasibly in enclosed stadiums without a tray system, they'd be doing it already. Otherwise the Cardinals and Raiders wouldn't have gone through the added and significant extra expense of installing said tray systems.

Grass is better when it's not frigid and early in the season. Outside of those, AT is probably better.

I'm glad the Bills are going to a heated grass field with the new stadium. It will help attract players from a greater pool.
            I think the added and extra expense actually ends up being less because you don't have to generate any power to create the right environment for the grass.

Comment

• notacon
              • Aug 2012

Total nonsense. I mean really total nonsense.

"They", meaning NFL owners, will only even think about attempting to maintain....you do not have to "grow grass".....and in fact NO grass fields are the result of "growing grass"....they ALL get sod that is grown somewhere else and most grass field have their sod replaced at least once a year if not several times (In FACT, the grass field for the Super Bowl was NEW SOD that was installed weeks before the game....which is exactly what happened in Arizona for last year's SB....the issue with the bad field last year was it was not cared for properly after it was installed)....

....grass fields inside a dome WHEN THEY ARE FORCED TO DO SO!!!!!

When they are FORCED TO DO SO, they will find a way by many of the solutions that I have outlined and are eminently feasible TODAY. There is NO NEED to do so until the NFL (with pressure from the NFLPA) REQUIRES ALL NFL games to be played on grass fields.

Comment

• Goobylal
                • Jan 2004

Originally posted by notacon View Post
                Total nonsense. I mean really total nonsense.

"They", meaning NFL owners, will only even think about attempting to maintain....you do not have to "grow grass".....and in fact NO grass fields are the result of "growing grass"....they ALL get sod that is grown somewhere else and most grass field have their sod replaced at least once a year if not several times (In FACT, the grass field for the Super Bowl was NEW SOD that was installed weeks before the game....which is exactly what happened in Arizona for last year's SB....the issue with the bad field last year was it was not cared for properly after it was installed)....

....grass fields inside a dome WHEN THEY ARE FORCED TO DO SO!!!!!

When they are FORCED TO DO SO, they will find a way by many of the solutions that I have outlined and are eminently feasible TODAY. There is NO NEED to do so until the NFL (with pressure from the NFLPA) REQUIRES ALL NFL games to be played on grass fields.
                How much does it cost to sod a field?

Comment

• notacon
                  • Aug 2012

How much does it cost to sod a field?
                  Why are you asking me?? Do your own homework.

I've already done enough. Read my posts...really read (and check out the numerous links I provided) them and try to comprehend (it's easy...nothing complicated) what I am actually saying and not what you think I'm saying.

WHY are you taking the side of GREEDY NFL owners and, basically, ****TING AL OVER the players, their well being, health and preferences for their work environment?!?!?!

It's insanely INEXPLICABLE!!!!

Comment

• sukie
                    • Sep 2012

Notty link 1 Baltimore grass field . No duh!!!!! Using grow lights . Duh again

Notty link 2 Vegas… rail system works!!! Duh!

Notty link 3. Fully domed stadium has artificial grass grown with grow lights and can withstand testing by the beast.

(I made that last one up)

Comment

• notacon
                      • Aug 2012

Jesus. I have rebutted every single specious argument concerning the viability in every NFL stadium today and no one has come close to credibly refuting any of the premises I have put forward (with supporting information) and I even laid out a reasonable way forward to make the smart move toward requiring grass field for all NFL games.

Yet, some confused naysayers STILL cannot and will not explain WHY they are taking the side of GREEDY NFL owners and, basically, ****TING ALL OVER the players, their well being, health and preferences for their work environment?!?!?!

Comment

• sukie
                        • Sep 2012

Not taking the side of greedy NFL owners… just stating that the tech to grow turf indoors isn’t NFL ready. You keep saying it is and we collectively say “where”.

Thats where the drink ringed napkin scribble comes in.

because I tell you that a solar powered bus doesn’t exist and you show me a picture of a bus with photoshopped solar panels on top doesn’t make it exist. Sure Bus tech is there and solar power tech is there but together?

Comment

• Turf
                          • Jul 2002

I thought it was 93%.......
                          Lou Saban: You can get it done, you can get it done. And what’s more, you’ve gotta get it done.

Comment

• Goobylal
                            • Jan 2004

Originally posted by notacon View Post
                            Jesus. I have rebutted every single specious argument concerning the viability in every NFL stadium today and no one has come close to credibly refuting any of the premises I have put forward (with supporting information) and I even laid out a reasonable way forward to make the smart move toward requiring grass field for all NFL games.

Yet, some confused naysayers STILL cannot and will not explain WHY they are taking the side of GREEDY NFL owners and, basically, ****TING ALL OVER the players, their well being, health and preferences for their work environment?!?!?!

While it is partly a matter of cost, it's also a huge waste of resources. You need to keep the lights/electricity going all the time, water it, etc. All for 3 hours on a Sunday eight to ten days a year.

Comment

• notacon
                              • Aug 2012

Not taking the side of greedy NFL owners… just stating that the tech to grow turf indoors isn’t NFL ready. You keep saying it is and we collectively say “where”.

Thats where the drink ringed napkin scribble comes in.

because I tell you that a solar powered bus doesn’t exist and you show me a picture of a bus with photoshopped solar panels on top doesn’t make it exist. Sure Bus tech is there and solar power tech is there but together?
                              Yes, you are.

Comment

• notacon
                                • Aug 2012

While it is partly a matter of cost, it's also a huge waste of resources. You need to keep the lights/electricity going all the time, water it, etc. All for 3 hours on a Sunday eight to ten days a year.
                                What lame arguments.

NFL teams are wildly profitable. The cost baloney is really dumb. The "waste of resources" canard is even dumber.

One can apply the "All for 3 hours on a Sunday eight to ten days a year" premise to everything surrounding NFL football. Especially BILLION DOLLAR PLUS stadiums. NFL football could be played on a studio stage (preferably outside on grass) since TV and broadcasting is where most of the money comes from.

We already saw that a NFL season can be extremely successful with almost NO CROWDS. Stadiums, in and of themselves are "huge waste of resources".

So, you are virtually admitting to taking the side of GREEDY NFL owners and, basically, ****TING ALL OVER the players, their well being, health and preferences for their work environment?!?!?!

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                😂
                                🥰
                                😘
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😞
                                😡
                                👍